“Superbowl Weekend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Best Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kenner
Travel Best Inn
You added Travel Best Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Houston, Texas
“Superbowl Weekend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We decided to go to New Orleans for Superbowl on a whim, so we booked 2 nights at this hotel because other hotels were either sold out or way over-priced. Since we were 2 chicks travelling alone, we were a little bit worried about the location and the condition of the hotel after reading the reviews but we took a chance. The pros: (1) the location is convenient to the interstate so it's a straight drive into New Orleans and the area around the hotel seemed very quiet (a security guard patrolled the parking lot in the evenings); (2) the hotel staff were courteous and helpful; and (3) the bathroom floors, counter, and toilet were clean. The cons: (1) the hotel needs a massive update - the room smelled musty and furnishings very old; (2) the tub, shower curtain, and towels didn't appear very clean (we had our own towels, lysol, and flip flops); (3) The bedding seemed suspect (thankfully we brought our own blankets and pillows), and (4) we found a cockroach in our room the day we checked out. This hotel served it's purpose because we were in a bind, but bind or not I would likely never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank S J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It gives a new meaning to roach motel. although their were no roaches, it had every other creature show up. I woke up to a lizard, palmetto bugs and ants. When I pushed the bed against the wall, there was leftover vomit from a previous person and it was just left to dry up and the bed was move to cover it up. Nasty is not the word. What is worse is the manager had such a nasty and negative attitude that he was not willing to discuss the issues. His staff is so scared of his tyrant behavior that it was best just to check out and go where you get what you pay for. $160 a night for that....NEVER again!!!!!! The money that they received from hurricane Katrina must have went into his pockets because there were areas that were horrible and had not been repaired. This place should be condemned not advertised. Heed my warning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
7 Thank Ouida P
Kenner, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I often stay at Travel Best to "just get away and relax" times. The staff is always friendly. They make sure I am happy with my room and they even recommend the best places to eat and also things to do. I have said this in the past and will say again that it is not fancy, but it is clean, quiet "home away from home." The bad reviews are from the types of people who want to get "something for nothing." I was in the lobby several times when I witnessed the clerks being harrassed by customers who were clearly lying about or blowing things out of proportion. Anything the clerks offered to do was not good enough. During the hurricane back in September, I passed thru the area and decided to check on my friends there. I saw housekeepers working diligently to make sure the rooms were clean and well stocked. The lobby was chaotic, but what do you expect?---It was a Hurricane Area----people's emotions were high and so were stress levels. The clerks did their best to make sure everyone was helped. There were a few mistakes and they may have been better resolved if crazy people weren't screaming at the staff. Sorry theres a fine line between abuse and service. Customers not always right here---I am with the TravelBest staff 100%.

Room Tip: Second Floor is quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here on 19th october 2012 and it was only a 1 night stay whilst visting friends in New Orleans. I dont understand previous bad reviews as our room was very clean, no wallpaper hanging off and the bathroom was immaculate!
The reception staff were friendly and polite
The beds were very comforatable, my sister and I stayed here and we had a room with 2 double beds in it. We had a big tv in the room aswell.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 175
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank emma t
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a joint. Wallpaper peeling from the walls, dead cockroach in the bathroom. Property is a mess. It looks like the owners are not doing any maintenance and collecting revenue until the place falls down. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bob S
New Iberia, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Pictures on line are very deceiving. After checking in and getting to the room, it wasnt 5 mins and I started calling around for other hotels hoping they have come cancellations. The only reason I booked this place bc all the area hotels were booked up and on line the pics were awesome !!! They were apparently taken "many" years ago proberly at the first ribbon cutting opening. This place is very old, it's falling apart, when people walk in the halls you can feel it and hear it in your room. The doors are old wooden doors off level. To lock the main security lock I had to lift up on the door to line up the lock. The glass doors on both ends of the module were broken and held open with trash cans and the halls have the smell of old mold. The rooms, did have clean sheets strong smell of bleach to them. Had a regular cover sheet on the bed instead of a fitted sheet with NO mattress cover. The pillows were extremely FLAT, King size bed with 3 small flat pillows. The room had a 30 year old contained smoke smell to it and was suppose to be non-smoking. I refused to walk on the floor muchless in the bathroom with out shoes/slippers. Just a very filthy, uncomfortable feeling. The best thing about it is that the staff were very nice.

Room Tip: avoid this place !! It's beyond repairable. Extremely trashy and filthy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BJ S
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

If you are reading this you can find a better place. I would never have stayed here, but due to Hurricane I had no other choice. The staff is poorly trained it took forever to get checked in. The hallways smell of mold and urine. The rooms are not much better than the hallways. We were given an occupied room, which happened to be one that belonged to another member of my group. Consequenty, when they rekeyed the room for us he could no longer gain admittance. One lady was in the process of being given a room and the manager left her to go do several other things. After a while the lady blew a gasket and the staff called security after she said she was going to report them to the better business bureau.
I would not have given them one star on this rating, but don't have the option to give no-stars.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Anthony H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport
Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport
Extended Stay America - New Orleans - Kenner

Been to Travel Best Inn? Share your experiences!