“Take everyone's advice and do not stay there.”
Review of Travel Best Inn

Travel Best Inn
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Dublin, Ireland
“Take everyone's advice and do not stay there.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We were not impressed with that motel at all, we simply did not feel safe. The staff was nice, no problem there. The hotel looks old and it is way too expensive for what it is. It looked to us as if some people lived there. We were not sure where to park the car so it would be safe. We left nothing in the car for fear it would be gone. The car park was fairly empty actually. In the room itself, the sheets seemed clean, the cleaning staff obviously do what they can to keep old rooms as clean as possible but we were still very uncomfortable sleeping there. Musty smell. Dodgy doors. It just did not feel like a safe place to stay. We were sorry we booked there in the end. It really was a dive. We had stayed in cheap motels before, we thought it would be ok but it really was not. We had booked it because we had an early flight, it seemed convenient, it was so close to the airport, we did not want to spend a fortune as we were only going to stay there for a few hours. We ended up having a shower, we did not sleep and got the hell out! Never again... Not worth the risk. We should have taken into account other people's reviews, we thought they were exaggerating but they were not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nigella78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
mansura la
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We just stayed here this past weekend and believe me for 90 dollars a night it was so not worth it.I guess they jacked up the prices for french quarter fest weekend.The carpet is so disgusting.the pool had no water in it.I wanted to complain but we couldn't find no vacancy anywhere else.I will not recomend this place to anyone.I was so afraid to sleep in the bed I had to leave my jeans on.good thing we only stayed 1 night.

Room Tip: Bring some lysol
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Penny c
MIAMI
Reviewed April 10, 2012

i knew this was not going to be a fancy hotel and i understood that. but i was expecting it to be at least clean. the first day i checked in there was an over-powering smell like someone had just put a roach bomb in that room. They didn't even bother to wait a couple of days before they reserved this room. it was a strong odor that was literally there for 3 days. i let it go because i went on Final Four weekend and many hotels were booked. the 3rd day, when i came back to the room there was a giant roach on the ceiling who then proceeded to drop on the floor and scurry under the bed. that was the last straw. i called the front desk. they were very apologetic and sent me the maintenance man that came over with a broom. no flashlight to look in darker places but a broom. wow.... The most amazing thing is that with all this said, the front desk did not even offer to compensate me. i had to ask them to not charge me for the following night since i decided to check out one day early. they complied. never again. i am not one to complain or write bad reviews. but i want people to be aware of my experience.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank YASMINE B
LaPlace, Louisiana
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The rooms were okay. Not fancy, but still clean and comfortable. I came for rest and relaxation and that's what I got. Front desk staff was pleasant upon check in and check out. Only complaint I have is that I saw (the manager, I think) hollering at one of the clerks-Highly unprofessional! Hopefully this doesn't happen anymore because nobody deserves to be treated badly. The continental breakfast was very good. I plan on returning soon as I am a regular customer.

Room Tip: Ask for nonsmoking room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Elysian Fields, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We were here for a volleyball tournament. Our director got the rooms blocked. Don't stay here. The discounted rate plus tax of $67 for this hotel is not worth it. This hotel is dirty from top to bottom. Was told by Oil Field workers not to stay there too dangerous. Go across the street, it is cheaper. Too late - we had already paid. The smoke alarm went off two times during the night. The room was dirty and the bedding looked like it had been there for 20 years. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and old. The bathroom looked like the maid maybe ran a dirty rag over the counters and I don't think the toilet had been cleaned at all. The towels are okay if you like to wipe off with sandpaper. The vent sounded like an airplane was going through the room. My friends room had dirty sheets and pillowcases and the bathroom had coffee all over the counter and the tub was also dirty. Did someone forget to clean? Unless you like roach motels don't stay here. Oh yea you should see what they call inside rooms. Bldg D is a building you can enter from either end but the doors do not lock. What good are inside rooms when outsiders can still get in.

Room Tip: I couldn't find anything good with this hotel even the staff seemed to be stand offish. No wel...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank pchisolm
Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I stay here sometimes just to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is what we need-clean, comfortable, quiet room so we can rest and relax. The service at the front desk is always polite and courteous, however, this is not a four star establishment, so don't expect room service and fancy rooms. I like to think of this hotel as a "home away from home." When we bring the kids, they enjoy the pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rrieder7
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Put it to you this way, if you forget a valuable in your room don't expect to ever see it again. Also, the bath towels are the size of hand towels and the pillows are terrible. You cannot see the bottom of the swimming pool and the jacuzzi had mildew in it. Never again!

• Stayed July 2011