“Nice for the price”
Review of Travel Best Inn

Travel Best Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The rooms were okay. Not fancy, but still clean and comfortable. I came for rest and relaxation and that's what I got. Front desk staff was pleasant upon check in and check out. Only complaint I have is that I saw (the manager, I think) hollering at one of the clerks-Highly unprofessional! Hopefully this doesn't happen anymore because nobody deserves to be treated badly. The continental breakfast was very good. I plan on returning soon as I am a regular customer.

Room Tip: Ask for nonsmoking room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2012

We were here for a volleyball tournament. Our director got the rooms blocked. Don't stay here. The discounted rate plus tax of $67 for this hotel is not worth it. This hotel is dirty from top to bottom. Was told by Oil Field workers not to stay there too dangerous. Go across the street, it is cheaper. Too late - we had already paid. The smoke alarm went off two times during the night. The room was dirty and the bedding looked like it had been there for 20 years. The mattresses were very uncomfortable and old. The bathroom looked like the maid maybe ran a dirty rag over the counters and I don't think the toilet had been cleaned at all. The towels are okay if you like to wipe off with sandpaper. The vent sounded like an airplane was going through the room. My friends room had dirty sheets and pillowcases and the bathroom had coffee all over the counter and the tub was also dirty. Did someone forget to clean? Unless you like roach motels don't stay here. Oh yea you should see what they call inside rooms. Bldg D is a building you can enter from either end but the doors do not lock. What good are inside rooms when outsiders can still get in.

Room Tip: I couldn't find anything good with this hotel even the staff seemed to be stand offish. No wel...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank pchisolm
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband and I stay here sometimes just to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It is what we need-clean, comfortable, quiet room so we can rest and relax. The service at the front desk is always polite and courteous, however, this is not a four star establishment, so don't expect room service and fancy rooms. I like to think of this hotel as a "home away from home." When we bring the kids, they enjoy the pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rrieder7
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Put it to you this way, if you forget a valuable in your room don't expect to ever see it again. Also, the bath towels are the size of hand towels and the pillows are terrible. You cannot see the bottom of the swimming pool and the jacuzzi had mildew in it. Never again!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank CooyonCajun
Reviewed January 10, 2011

Clean enough, comfortable beds. Very nice staff and housekeepers who seemed very friendly and warm during our stay. I forgot my tickets in my room, and they mailed them back to me promptly.
Location isn't the best for someone without a car as it's in front of a busy road, but there's many dining options near, and the hotel has free breakfast that you can cook up. It's very near MSY, and offers a nice airport shuttle that's ready to pick you up within minutes of calling. But it's not too close to MSY to where we were bothered by the sounds of planes, or any sounds for that matter.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank PuddingMonster
Reviewed April 24, 2010

This place is a hot mess. it has a great location to the airport that is the only thing good about it. the people are rude and they are not helpfull. I had to walk down the street and drink a few beer that way I pass out and sleep with the music in the next room. Try a better hotel spend $20 more $$$.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank WALKINGMAN72
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Well originaly didn't plan to stay at this hotel but non-the less it was ok for somthing last minute. As always you get what you pay for, my room wasn't dirty, the sheets were clean, bathroom was clean and matress was clean also. We were down there for the Marti Gras so we didn't spend alot of time in our room. I would recomend this to someone who isn't very picky or doesn't plan to spend alot of time in there room and by picky i mean flat screen T.V, jacuzzi etc. Now the service at the frount desk can use a little help cause the cashier was very rude. It's not that quite cause it's by the airport. And i wouldn't swim in the pool.. then again it was 40 degrees outside so it might b different.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends