“Similar to most airport hotels, but with a nice breakfast touch...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport

Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Kenner
Huron, Ohio
“Similar to most airport hotels, but with a nice breakfast touch...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Not too much different than most airport hotels I've stayed at. Close to the airport, but also close to traffic, noise, etc,

Most everything was what I expected, but I was a little disappointed with the quality of the king mattress and box springs. They were a bit too soft for my liking, perhaps from years of service.

The complimentary breakfast included a small made to order omelette bar, which was a nice surprise and highlight.

I'd stay again, unless I found a better place for the same or less money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel as the front rooms face the noisy street/traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MessNmagic
robpatrick, General Manager at Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
We would like to thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn New Orleans Airport. We especially appreciate your positive comments about the hotels location, services and conveinence. We look forward to serving your hospitality needs in the future! Thank you,
Sleep Inn New Orleans Airpor
504-466-9666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Glendora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wife and I stayed here 3 nights during a recent business trip. I didn't have high hopes, after all it's not a 5 star and area is so-so but it was centrally located for the airport, French Quarter and Slidell and I wasn't going to pay to stay downtown. To my surprise we walked into a friendly greeting and clean, well maintained room with a comfortable bed and quiet, even though close to I-10. Upon returning home, my wife realized she left an outfit behind. We called and the staff had recovered the clothing and mailed it to us. Even though they took our CC info, they did not charge us. That's customer service. Thanks Sleep Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Fleetspec
robpatrick, General Manager at Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
We wish to extend our appreciation for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn New Orleans Airport. Through your feedback our Team is able to improve upon our service, enhance our product and deliver a quality "guest experience".... We also want to thank you for your loyalty to our Brand and we hope we can be a part of your travel plans to the Crescent City in the future! Thank you,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I stayed here overnight when our flight back from MSY airport to SFO was delayed. The close proximity of this hotel to the airport made it very convenient along with their free airport shuttle service.

However, I was not informed about their free airport shuttle service until I had to check-out so I had paid $20 for a taxi unnecessarily going to the hotel. You can imagine I was disappointed when Danielle, who works at the front desk, told me as I was leaving that Sleep Inn's shuttle service runs EVERY HOUR ON THE HOUR. Either way I'm glad Danielle was working that day because she was very helpful and informative.

The hotel rooms are a bit dated and you can hear your neighbors--if you have any. But the room/bathroom was very clean and I was pleased with that.

Great perks about Sleep Inn are their free:

1) Airport shuttle
2) Wi-fi
3) Continental hot and cold breakfast
4) Basic toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant upon request)

I really enjoyed the selection of their hot and cold breakfast items which goes on until 9am or so. My sister and I shared an omelette (tipping is expected for this), cereal with milk, hot toast with butter and sausages, along with a cup of yogurt.

So as you can see, there are plenty of breakfast options for you to choose from should you decide to stay at Sleep Inn. I would stay here again if I had an issue with my flight and wanted to be close to the airport and not take a $33 taxi back to the city.

Sleep Inn also has nearby restaurants and a dollar store that are walking distance. Just be careful when walking to these places at night because there aren't really any pedestrian friendly crosswalks that you can walk on. You have to walk under the HWY 10 overpass to get to the restaurants as well.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank anneroseduenas
We wish to thank you for completing the survey and sharing your positive comments regarding your stay at the Sleep inn New Orleans Airport. We are especially glad you enjoyed the hot breakfast items that are always complimentary. Through your feedback our Staff can work to improve upon our service and enhance our product, thus delivering a quality "guest experience"...
We thank you for your loyalty to our Brand and hope we can be a part of your travel plans to the Crescent City in the future! Thank you,

Myakka City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed for a week at the Sleep Inn New Orleans airport. While on the surface it appeared to be clean we discovered quickly that was not the case. After walking around in our room for just a couple hours the bottom of my kids feet were black. Clearly the carpets have not been cleaned in some time. Additionally, the curtains showed dirt all around the edges. The furniture was best up. The elevator was very dusty and the vents were covered in gunk. It is clear the hotel does not pay attention to details! Even though the hotel is close to the interstate(I mean like almost on top of it, if you are a light sleeper don't even try) the surrounding neighborhood is questionable. Thank goodness I brought my own Clorox wipes. If you are a neat freak you won't be able to handle it!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
We would like to thank you for taking time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn new Orleans Airport. We apologize for your dissatisfaction with the hotel and we can assure you we have addressed these issues and our Team is working hard to improve upon our service and enhance our product. Thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope you may consider us for your lodging plans with your next visit to the Crescent City! Thank you,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

On the night before leaving New- Orleans we stayed at the Sleep Inn for two reasons : first , proximity to Airport..... 10 minutes to get there ; second they have a free shuttle.
But the room was fantastic ..... the price good and the people very nice. Restaurants close to hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
We would like to express our gratitude for you positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn New Orleans Airport. Through your feedback our Team can work to improve upon our service and enhance our product, in order to deliver a quality "guest experience"... We also wish to thank you for your loyalty to our Brand and hope we can be part of your travel plans to the Crescent City in the future! Thank you,

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Convenient hotel close to the airport. Breakfast was included and it was fine. There were other restaurants and convenient stores within 5 to 10 minutes walking distance. There is a shuttle offered to and from the airport. The front desk was helpfull in finding a 2 hour tour of new orleans via a ride to the port for 7 night carnival cruise.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
robpatrick, General Manager at Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you Denist for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at the Sleep Inn New Orleans Airport Kenner, La. We greatly appreciate your comments, and this enables our Staff to improve on our service and enhance our product. We also wish to thank you for your loyalty to the Choice Hotel brands. We hope to serve your hospitality needs in the future! Thank you,
Madison, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel for three reasons: top rated in area, price, choice points. I expected clean all around, friendly service, a great stay.
The staff was good and friendly. The hotel common areas were dirty, not filthy but dirty. Room carpet was frayed at door entries & my feet showed dirt. The bed & linen were clean and the room appeared to be clean. The bath door needed replacing from damage. Breakfast was ok. Overall it was not worth the price.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
robpatrick, General Manager at Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
We regret that your recent stay at the Sleep Inn New Orleans Airport Kenner, La. was disappointing and we apologize for "falling short" of your expectations. Although, it is are sole mission to deliver and "excellent guest experience"... we will be striving harder to make it happen for all our Guests! We thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we commit to you that we are improving our service and enhancing our product. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with an excellent guest experience in all of your future hospitality needs in New Orleans. Thank you,
504-466-9666
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Hilton New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!