“Great value for money”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Sydney
“Great value for money”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great value for money if you need to stop off before going to the airport.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I needed a hotel for two Chinese University students returning to China from NOLA. They had little funds and rather than let them spend two nights in the airport I found this hotel that would let me pay their bill and not stay with them. When we arrived the entire staff was fabulous. They realized the ladies were in a strange town/country and needed help. The manager gave me a great rate, said he would see that they got a ride to the airport at 4am if needed even tho the shuttle did not run til 5am. Then he gave them a great room. They were so thrilled that immediately upon opening the door they got out their cameras and began taking pictures of the room. I left them feeling they were in good hands and that just maybe relations between China and the US might some day get better via these two college ladies. Thanks--you made my day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The property was well kept and the room was clean but our experience with Georgette, was something I would like to forget. There was an error in our bill and Jessica, another front desk clerk, worked with me several days to try to remedy the problem. Jessica stated that she saw the error but could not make the final decision in issuing a credit of approximately $125 of erronous charges. Jessica told me that GEORGETTE would contact me the following day. Well, guess what, she didn't. Several weeks later, my family and I were in town and decided to stay at the hotel again. Upon arrival, Jessica checked me in and I told her who I was and asked about the charges. She said Georgette was supposed to contact me concerning this matter and that my card would not be credited because of a "no show." I told her that Georgette did not call me and I wanted the owner to contact me imediately. Within 15 minutes, the owner contacted my husband and I and the situation was remedied. I am thankful for Jessica and the owner of the Sleep Inn in Kenner because Georgette did not seem to care. The morning of our departure, I spoke to Georgette and told her that I was the lady whom she was supposed to contact concerning erronous charges and I had not heard from her. She weakly apologized. When we departed the establishment, she was standing at the front desk and didn't have the decency to say "Good bye nor have a nice day." So if you decide to lay your head at the Sleep Inn in Kenner, Louisiana, avoid Georgette at all cost.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Monique C
Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Price was right!

Staff very friendly and no waiting for the shuttle bus to the airport.

Room was just ok....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Yountville
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I've never written a review just because of the great service, but this hotel deserves it. After checking out of a loud hotel on Bourbon St, we found this gem by the airport. We checked in at 4 am. We got a huge room with a King bed. Kind of felt like the 70's with angular furniture, green colors and spackled ceiling. Very nice bed and pillows. For the price it was a superb room. Nothing fancy, just extremely clean and comfortable. When our flight got cancelled after we checked out, they sent the shuttle over and let us back into our room until 1 pm when we took the shuttle back to the airport with no extra charge. Only 15 minutes from the French Quarter. I will go back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I made reservations for both weekends of Jazz Fest last June when Sleep Inn in Kenner was run by Motel 6 because I wanted to get a decent room rate for Jazz Fest. I called today to cancel the first weekend's reservation and Motel 6 couldn't cancel the reservation. Come to find out they sold the property but they advised me to call the hotel directly. I did so and Sleep Inn did not have either reservation. Apparently, when they took the property over from Motel 6, they didn't transfer reservations. When I explained to the front desk that I had a reservation for next weekend, the clerk looked and said he didn't have that reservation either. Good thing I needed to cancel this weekend or I'd have shown up in New Orleans with no room. Oh, and Sleep Inn is selling my $55 Motel 6 room for $123. Amazing!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aadamstris
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was in New Orleans for a conference and my son was flying in from Berlin, Germany to meet me. His flight got in late Friday night and mine Saturday morning. We planned on meeting at the airport so he needed a hotel close to the airport with a shuttle for the one night. Because I booked the hotel on Expedia, I did not go to the website and see that the shuttle needed to be arranged ahead of time so when his flight arrived and he got situated it was 11 pm. He was tired, no American currency, phone trouble, and no shuttle. Luckily he was able to contact me at the airport in Seattle and I was able to contact the hotel. The person on the night shift (Derek?) listened to my tale of woe, drove to the airport, searched for my son who by this time was exhausted, and looking a little ragged around the edges, and got him to the hotel. I can't express how appreciative we were at his going the extra mile (literally).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business