“This hotel put the "C" in Customer Service A++++”

Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I needed a hotel for two Chinese University students returning to China from NOLA. They had little funds and rather than let them spend two nights in the airport I found this hotel that would let me pay their bill and not stay with them. When we arrived the entire staff was fabulous. They realized the ladies were in a strange town/country and needed help. The manager gave me a great rate, said he would see that they got a ride to the airport at 4am if needed even tho the shuttle did not run til 5am. Then he gave them a great room. They were so thrilled that immediately upon opening the door they got out their cameras and began taking pictures of the room. I left them feeling they were in good hands and that just maybe relations between China and the US might some day get better via these two college ladies. Thanks--you made my day.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 21, 2011

The property was well kept and the room was clean but our experience with Georgette, was something I would like to forget. There was an error in our bill and Jessica, another front desk clerk, worked with me several days to try to remedy the problem. Jessica stated that she saw the error but could not make the final decision in issuing a credit of approximately $125 of erronous charges. Jessica told me that GEORGETTE would contact me the following day. Well, guess what, she didn't. Several weeks later, my family and I were in town and decided to stay at the hotel again. Upon arrival, Jessica checked me in and I told her who I was and asked about the charges. She said Georgette was supposed to contact me concerning this matter and that my card would not be credited because of a "no show." I told her that Georgette did not call me and I wanted the owner to contact me imediately. Within 15 minutes, the owner contacted my husband and I and the situation was remedied. I am thankful for Jessica and the owner of the Sleep Inn in Kenner because Georgette did not seem to care. The morning of our departure, I spoke to Georgette and told her that I was the lady whom she was supposed to contact concerning erronous charges and I had not heard from her. She weakly apologized. When we departed the establishment, she was standing at the front desk and didn't have the decency to say "Good bye nor have a nice day." So if you decide to lay your head at the Sleep Inn in Kenner, Louisiana, avoid Georgette at all cost.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Monique C
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Price was right!

Staff very friendly and no waiting for the shuttle bus to the airport.

Room was just ok....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I've never written a review just because of the great service, but this hotel deserves it. After checking out of a loud hotel on Bourbon St, we found this gem by the airport. We checked in at 4 am. We got a huge room with a King bed. Kind of felt like the 70's with angular furniture, green colors and spackled ceiling. Very nice bed and pillows. For the price it was a superb room. Nothing fancy, just extremely clean and comfortable. When our flight got cancelled after we checked out, they sent the shuttle over and let us back into our room until 1 pm when we took the shuttle back to the airport with no extra charge. Only 15 minutes from the French Quarter. I will go back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I made reservations for both weekends of Jazz Fest last June when Sleep Inn in Kenner was run by Motel 6 because I wanted to get a decent room rate for Jazz Fest. I called today to cancel the first weekend's reservation and Motel 6 couldn't cancel the reservation. Come to find out they sold the property but they advised me to call the hotel directly. I did so and Sleep Inn did not have either reservation. Apparently, when they took the property over from Motel 6, they didn't transfer reservations. When I explained to the front desk that I had a reservation for next weekend, the clerk looked and said he didn't have that reservation either. Good thing I needed to cancel this weekend or I'd have shown up in New Orleans with no room. Oh, and Sleep Inn is selling my $55 Motel 6 room for $123. Amazing!

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aadamstris
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I was in New Orleans for a conference and my son was flying in from Berlin, Germany to meet me. His flight got in late Friday night and mine Saturday morning. We planned on meeting at the airport so he needed a hotel close to the airport with a shuttle for the one night. Because I booked the hotel on Expedia, I did not go to the website and see that the shuttle needed to be arranged ahead of time so when his flight arrived and he got situated it was 11 pm. He was tired, no American currency, phone trouble, and no shuttle. Luckily he was able to contact me at the airport in Seattle and I was able to contact the hotel. The person on the night shift (Derek?) listened to my tale of woe, drove to the airport, searched for my son who by this time was exhausted, and looking a little ragged around the edges, and got him to the hotel. I can't express how appreciative we were at his going the extra mile (literally).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I had to stay near the Ochsner Medical Center because my mother was there. This was the closest reasonably priced hotel I could find, but what a mistake.

Their customer service is abhorant!

I arrived around 1 am after driving 12 hours. The clerk that checked me in was freindly enough, but told me that it would be one amount, then I found out the next day that it was $12 more. I had already asked that morning to stay another night because my mother wasn't able to get out of the hospital and was told that it wouldn't be a problem to stay and that it would be the same rate.

When I checked my debit card I noticed two charges, both higher than what I had signed for. I called inquiring why the amount that was charged was higher, they informed me that the reciept I signed didn't include taxes and fees. I then asked about the charge for the additional night and was told that it was going to be higher because it was a Friday...this was after I had already gone to the hospital and was calling back about the first night AND after they had told me on the phone that morning that it wouldn't be a problem to stay and at the same rate.

When I told them I would just come pick up my things and check out, they said "well it's too late you're already going to be charged, because it's past check out time."

That's service for you!!!! You're already here, so we'll charge you what we want to, even though that's not what we agreed to.

So, the location was convenient and the room was clean. The hotel was pretty warn down and old, but not the worst I have seen ...but if you stay...make sure you know how much you're paying and don't expect them to be honest about the charges...check for yourself!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Wnikatoto
hotelguy1, Manager at Red Roof Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2011

Sadly it not the hotel that is being rude and dishonest here. This is a brand new hotel there is nothing old worn or run down about this hotel the virtual tour you take on trip advisor is exctaly the room you get. The hotel is also a top rated Sleep Inn. This rateing is given by the guest who have stayed at the hotel and responded to the survey given out by the brand. Hotels quote rates with out taxes as I am sure anyone who stays at a hotel is aware of . At check in the guest signs and initals by both the rate and the check out date. This is done do make sure that the guest is knows both the rate being charged and the date of check out. As to the double charge sited by the guest. There was no double charge. They used a debit card and did not inform the staff that it was a debit card. Even though we have signs posted informing guest how to avoid this. Debit cards are simply not credit card and your bank can not tell the difference between a authorization and a actual charge.