“Really good consistent middle-eastern food. Highly recommend.”
Review of Shishkabob House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shishkabob House
Ranked #65 of 224 Restaurants in Kenner
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Really good consistent middle-eastern food. Highly recommend.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We tried this place, as we frequent (and also enjoy) the Chinese restaurant next door. I was really impressed. First off, the basis that many judge Mediterranean food on is the Hummus, and theirs is top notch. Always excellent. The Pita bread is always warmed, It irks me when places serve it cool. I have been back a few times, including three times in the last three weeks. I like having a place like this in Kenner, as before we were under served with this type of food. Their beef kabobs and shawarma are among the best I have ever had, but I truly enjoy the lamb dishes. The meat is really good, and the seasonings are right on. The prices are the best I've come across, and the portions are large. Lunch is a great value here as well; you get a side, a salad and your entree. The sides are hummus (which is excellent) and a really good long grain rice option too. I switch back and forth between the too, my appetizer choice influences my decision too. If you like grape leaves, try theirs, they are made in house and are excellent. The sauces isn't a standard Tzatziki but it goes well with them. The filling is really good. Another thing I enjoy is they have the finest of the kid friendly staple, the kid's chicken fingers, which helps when you have to dine with picky kids.

• Visited March 2013

neworleansLA
“Don't overlook Shishkabob House”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I used to love Mona's in New Orleans for reasonable delicious Middle Eastern. Sadly they have slipped but I found Shishkabob House and I haven't looked back. Restaurants in the city have become very expensive and the quality is not keeping up with the prices. More and more I go to places like Kenner for the sort of ethnic low cost food that used to be in every neighborhood in New Orleans. Shishkabob House is like visiting family. The staff is friendly and welcoming and go out of their way to make sure you leave happy. Extra bread in the doggie bag, more rice if you need it and no charge. And the food is great. The meats are moist and marinated and the breads and rice flavorful. The value is great and I can't wait to go back. I have been spreading the word and everyone comes back with rave reviews. Do try this place, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Middle Eastern Restaurant”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This place is a gem! The building and decor might not look very inviting, but the food more than makes up for it. The lunch specials are incredible-- $7.99 for what is easily two meals. The staff are so nice and accommodating. The only negative is that the soft drinks are served from cans... I prefer fountain. The baba ganoush is amazing. And so is the greek salad! I love how the chicken shwarma has shredded onions and sauce all over it. It's rarely full, so there is never a wait!

Visited February 2012