“Needs upgrading”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Metairie, United States
“Needs upgrading”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at the Doubletree Friday, 5/9/2014. Room was dated and the beds were horrible. Mattress needs replacing. Rooms could have been cleaner but had a dated look so it could have contributed to the dirty feel. Very overpriced at $149.00. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay. It is really important to us to know that we're performing up to the standards that we set for ourselves and most importantly to yours. I'm sorry that we did not perform better and will definately discuss your comments with our management team in order to improve in those areas where we can. I look forward to serving you again.

Weylan Rhame

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Room was cool clean and furnished well. Plenty of chargers for all my work devices. Gym was good plenty of machines. But the breakfast was delicious well appointed and scored high on biscuits waffles etc. staff was available eager and pleased to help all around. I am a pilot and have lots of empirical data on hotels. I mean it its a 5.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Please accept my personal thank you for taking the time to comment about your most recent visit to our property and for providing the feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit. We will continue to monitor responses like yours in order to improve upon our services and to help better understand what is most important to our guests.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I travel for business and visit the New Orleans area several times a year. When in town I stay at this hotel for the closeness to the airport, interstate and major road ways that I can use to get around town. I have used the conference facilities and have a wonderful experience with the staff making sure I had everything I needed. Plus you when come to visit you will get a wonderful reception from Darvonn at the guest check in.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
It was wonderful to read such nice comments and positive scores about your most recent stay and especially seeing you mention an associate by name. Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the feedback. It was our pleasure to serve you and I hope you will allow us the opportunity to do so again on your next visit to the Big Easy.

Kannapolis, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hotel is just minutes form the New Orleans Airport and was as expected, clean, safe and comfortable. The breakfast buffet offered a large variety of items and every staff member that I encountered were friendly and upbeat. The hotel was very convenient to the highway which made the commute to the French Quarter about 15 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your most recent stay and especially to provide such kind remarks about the service you received. Our hotel is wonderfully convenient for those guests not wanting to deal with the hustle, bustle or expense of staying and parking downtown and I'm glad that we had the opportunity to host you during your visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again.

Kenner, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Great Hotel with excellent staff. Rooms were extremely clean and quiet. Parking was the only problem but think that was due to Jazz Fest weekend along with KC convention. Overall I was extremely satisfied.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay. I will focus on the parking concern you noted in an effort to improve our product for our guests going forward. Thank you once again for bringing the issue to my attention and I look forward to having you again as a guest.

shreveport, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

parking was limited (there was none after 8p.m.) Front desk did not have change for $100 bill.Other than these two things everything was good. This is an average hotel in New Orleans where the competition is strong.

1 Thank Ron W

Murray, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I think this was my second time staying here. The hotel is conveniently close to the airport and shuttle service is reliable, but the property is a bit tired. I do stay at Hilton brand hotels when I have the chance - when I'm in the area again I might try the Hilton. Also, when I asked the Hilton shuttle driver if he was also servicing the Doubletree, he told me "sorry, this is the Hilton." Like I don't know they're different brands under the same umbrella? Maybe ownership differences get in the way of shared transportation, but it seems to me substantial saving could flow to both properties if they shared transportation responsibilities.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to post a review about your most recent stay. It is really important to us to know that we're performing up to the standards that we set for ourselves and most importantly to yours. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here and appredite the suggestions about our shuttle service. I hope that you will allow us the chance to serve you again should your travels bring you back to this area.

Weylan Rhame
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Hilton New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!