“Service is very nice BUT the hotel is poor by Double Tree/Hilton”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was staying the week at several properties last week because of the conventions in town. I had a chance to stay at the Ritz, Hilton Airport, Hilton Garden Inn,etc.. this Hotel does not compare to any of these.. And don't get me wrong a double tree should not compare to any of these EXCEPT the Hilton Garden Inn but it did not. The people at the front desk is very nice and helpful but the hotel has an old Sheraton or Holiday Inn feel to it. Lobby is small and no life, the elevators are god awful and feel like your taking a mind shaft elevator. The doors to the hotel rooms themselves are old and painted like your in a motel of some sorts. I am a Diamond member and stayed on floor 2 I believe and it felt like being in a cheap motel/hotel. THe walls are white, rugs are old and the lighting in the halls was antiquated. I got off the elevator and the sign was just sitting on the hall table and not even hung up. (I took a picture and looking to up load). The hotel bar is small but enjoyable. The place should be a Hampton Inn and not a Double Tree property. There must be some standards committee on what constitutes a Double tree and by the number of Double Trees that I have stayed in...This can't meet it. (The Double Tree In Baton Rouge is what a Double Tree should be or even the one in Rochester NY).. Oh well I will probably end up staying there when in a pinch.

2  Thank Anthony C
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property and we’re glad you enjoyed the bar. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Good hotel for business travelers. Convenient. The hotel is still recovering for the Hurricane Isaac. Friendly staff. They recommended a good, nearby restaurant and happily shuttled us to and from the restaurant with minimum wait time on the shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

It is very nice of you to have taken the time to reply with your comments about your recent stay and I am happy that we were able to accomodate you. We know that you have many choices when you're traveling and I thank you for your business.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a one night stop over on way home from work, nice hotel convenient for airport, has shuttle service to and from airport.
Rooms were well kept and nice downstairs bar, and food good, still recoverign from last hurricane, but staff were friendly and happy to sort out any problems.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

It was a pleasure serving you during your "stopover" and I hope that we can be of service to you in the future should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you for the nice comments about your stay.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Checked with a large group, relatively smooth check in. The rooms were very nice, cookies. Snacks, water and a thank you letter. Bed and sheets were very clean. Staff service was on, everyone spoke are acknowledged me. My only gripe was the elevator was pretty slow. But that was no big deal. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

It was very nice to see your nice comments about your most recent stay. Im happy that our staff performed their jobs and made you feel welcome along with your group. I'm happy to say that we are very close to completing our elevator repair and once completed, all of our guests will see a great improvemement in the operation of our elevators. Thank you for understanding and being our guest.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Nice place to stay friendly staff, clean and close to the airport but they need to get the elevators fixed ASAP oh and make sure the food is warm.
Airport shuttle bus very accommodating runs every 20 mins

Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I spent several nights here between October 2011 and July this year while travelling on business. My only negative experience was on one occasion having to wait for a free room for a couple of hours as the hotel was very busy when I arrived. Close to the airport with a shuttle every 20-30 minutes. Comfortable rooms. Good American breakfast (love the biscuits and gravy). Cosy (but a bit small) bar. There is a tavern (Tavern on the Vet), a diner and a few other restaurants close by. McDonalds across the street. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. For a night before or after a long journey I'd say the Doubletree is ideal.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Upon arrival at the airport we called for a shuttle pickup and the clerk at the hotel was rude. We then had to call again to find out where we were to meet the shuttle as she didn't tell us when we called first. Checking in was no problem, we did get a coupon for our free cookie as they were currently out and were unable to tell us when more might be available. Barely creaking the door open we were accosted by a musty smell as if there was a pipeline from wherever humidity is created and it has been left to stagnate in our room for centuries. Neither of the sleep number beds adjusted, that is to say the numbers changed but the beds did not. While checking out yet another clerk was rude "did you print out your receipt?" Well no I didn't print my receipt that is why I am in front of you checking out. The only bonus of this airport is the proximity to the airport. If you plan on visiting anywhere else in New Orleans, avoid it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends