“Excellent Value and Convenient”

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Our room at the Doubletree was large, well-maintained, and clean. The hotel staff were all very friendly and accomodating to our needs. Wired Interent was accessed without trouble and free. The hotel is very close to several excellent dining options in the busy Kenner and Metairie suburbs, and is very close to the New Orleans Airport. It was an easy 15-20 minute drive to the French Quarter where parking was plentiful and inexpensive. Their room rates were less than half of the cost of staying at a comparable hotel in downtown New Orleans and represent an excellent choice for the value minded traveller.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

We love to read comments like this and must agree that our hotel is a great value no matter what time of the year you’re travelling. We’ve recently completed a $4 million dollar renovation and the place really looks great. We thank you for your business and hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit the “Big Easy”.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Chip crumbs on the floor next to the bed. Floor was obviously not vacuumed before we checked in. On our second day beds were made but towels were left on the bathroom floor and coffee pot was not cleaned nor were cups or coffee replaced. We had friends who stayed down the hall and their room was not cleaned at all on their second day. Staff at front desk were friendly. I have stayed at Doubletree before and this was not their standard quality.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

It’s very disappointing for me to read comments like this, but in our industry we must always take the good with the bad. You’re right, it is not our usual standard of cleanliness to overlook or provide service like what you received and I will make certain that we voice your comments to all our housekeeping staff and management. Our cleanliness scores are among the best of the brand and we want to keep them that way. Thank you for the valuable feedback and we hope to have the chance to earn back your business in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least 4 times a year and every time I stay here there is something wrong with my room! This last time it was the wifi didn't work in my room had their IT guy come and check it out and he confirmed it was not working but stated it was too late to do anything about it! So I had to stand in the hallway and check my email! Once my email was checked I went back into the room and tried to adjust the AC as it was freezing and found that the only thing I could do was to turn it off! Unfortunately I don't have much choice in hotels due to business arrangements. There are much better hotels very close to this one that are a lot better.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Although we hate to hear about dissatisfied guests and experiences like these, this feedback is very much appreciated and we pledge to do whatever it takes to make this right for our future guests. We’ve recently improved our Internet service and we think it’s the best, most secure and fastest in the area. Our renovation was recently completed and the hotel really looks terrific. I’m certain that your next experience will be great because the majority of the feedback we are receiving form our guests is very positive. Thank you for the business and we hope to have the chance to earn back your business.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Check in was a breeze...and they gave us delicious warm cookies. Room was on the 8th floor...very comfortable...with a fridge and microwave. French bakery right across the highway....walked over and brought delicious pastries and complimentary coffee (delish!) back to the room for breakfast. Changed our flight and were able to get late check-out to 2 pm. Front desk staff was nice and friendly, but didn't know much about the business center (printer was acting up). 5 min to airport...noise was not an issue. Comfortable king bed....but the linen made me a little itchy (maybe their detergent). Only 1 set of towels was provided...but the hotel toiletries were pretty nice. Great sushi restaurant 1 mile down the road (Fuji Sushi?). No easy way to get to the French Quarter...$30 taxi is your only option. Enterprise car rental right next door.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Wow! You really did get the most out of your stay here and gave some great feedback about the area as well as our hotel. Yes the fresh pastries from the shop across the street are a real treat and now we are baking fresh muffins each day as well as preparing our own home made granola and service it in our restaurant. So if you’re feeling a bit lazy, you don’t have to go far for a great early morning pastry. I’m also happy to report that our business center is fully operational and recently renovated so you shouldn’t have any more problems there. Thank you so much for your business.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Business traveler - let me break it down.

1) Location: 5 minutes to airport, 1 min to I-10.

2) parking lot is located behind Hotel. It is unattractive and worse, un-attended with no rear entrance to hotel after 10. My thoughts go immediately to your car being broken into or personal assault while walking all the way around to front entrance.

3) Lobby is okay, but tired.

4) Staff okay

5) Room is nicely remodeled (but with tired old window-mount air conditon)

6) - Hotel located directly underneath flight path (Jet Noise all day, pre-dawn to the red eye).
- It is also located between busy Veterans Blvd and busy I-10 with constant road noise.
- Windows leak sound and curtains do not keep out the light

7) Breakfast is a full breakfast buffet. All the food groups but none taste particularily good (except the grapes this time, good grapes!)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank landluke

It’s true that one of our very best features is the location of the hotel and it’s proximity to the airport. Having said that, there is no way possible not to be in some ways “near” the path of flight, but I am happy to say that our hotel is not ‘directly” underneath the flight path as indicated. Our parking lot is very large and again a great advantage for large capacity groups or those who need bus parking. It’s fenced around the perimeter, well lighted and security patrolled throughout the evening. Like all of the hotel parking lots in the city, it is un-attended, but we feel it is very well secured. There is access into the hotel from the rear parking after 10pm as long as you’re a registered guest with a key. Again, we feel this is a great security feature that protects our guests. Our lobby looks fantastic as does the rest of the hotel because we’ve recently completed a full renovation and are very proud of the hotel. Breakfast is by far one of our best amenities and our buffet offers more variety and fresh prepared breakfast favorites than anyone in the area, and yes, our grapes are good too. I hope that we have the chance to serve this guest again in the future because I’m certain that the experience would be wonderful.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

What a difference a year makes! Have stayed at this hotel (as a Radisson) several times in past years, not by choice but as part of a group. The latest Doubletree renovations make a real difference in the hotel. New carpet, fresh paint, new tvs and fresh linens all make for a much more enjoyable stay. Desk personnel very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Stella081

This is what we like to hear! The hotel really does look good and refreshed for those guests that have been loyal to the property for many years. It's wonderful to see the expression on the faces of those who haven't been here for a while and are so surprised at all the new changes. We send thanks to this guest and appreciate the business.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I was recently sent to New Orleans LA. for business purposes. I found out that I was needed there on the morning of 12-18-2011 just the day before. Although it was very short notice I was able to reserve a room for the nights of 12-18 and 12-19-2011. I arrived at the hotel in the evening of 12-18-2011 and was promptly greeted and assigned a room on the 6th floor overlooking the street in front of the hotel. I needed to use my laptop and was relieved to find that their high speed wireless provider was quite easy to gain access and worked flawlessly. I had to work late into the evening on both of the nights I spent at the hotel and although my room was facing the street and the airport was quite close by, I was disturbed by any degree of noise from traffic or the airport activities. At the time I checked out of the hotel I was again treated quite well and promptly. I give this hotel a rate of excellent and will recommend it to anyone that visits the New Orleans area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

I must say thank you to this guest for taking the time to write such nice compliments about their most recent stay. This is the reason that Doubletree is one of the very best hotel brands in the market today. Our hotel is a great value to business and leisure travelers alike and offers amenities like no other. We hope to see more guest like this one and pledge to provide the same great level of service.