“Always something at this hotel!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport

Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Phuket, Thailand
“Always something at this hotel!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stay at this hotel at least 4 times a year and every time I stay here there is something wrong with my room! This last time it was the wifi didn't work in my room had their IT guy come and check it out and he confirmed it was not working but stated it was too late to do anything about it! So I had to stand in the hallway and check my email! Once my email was checked I went back into the room and tried to adjust the AC as it was freezing and found that the only thing I could do was to turn it off! Unfortunately I don't have much choice in hotels due to business arrangements. There are much better hotels very close to this one that are a lot better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Although we hate to hear about dissatisfied guests and experiences like these, this feedback is very much appreciated and we pledge to do whatever it takes to make this right for our future guests. We’ve recently improved our Internet service and we think it’s the best, most secure and fastest in the area. Our renovation was recently completed and the hotel really looks terrific. I’m certain that your next experience will be great because the majority of the feedback we are receiving form our guests is very positive. Thank you for the business and we hope to have the chance to earn back your business.

Weylan Rhame

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Check in was a breeze...and they gave us delicious warm cookies. Room was on the 8th floor...very comfortable...with a fridge and microwave. French bakery right across the highway....walked over and brought delicious pastries and complimentary coffee (delish!) back to the room for breakfast. Changed our flight and were able to get late check-out to 2 pm. Front desk staff was nice and friendly, but didn't know much about the business center (printer was acting up). 5 min to airport...noise was not an issue. Comfortable king bed....but the linen made me a little itchy (maybe their detergent). Only 1 set of towels was provided...but the hotel toiletries were pretty nice. Great sushi restaurant 1 mile down the road (Fuji Sushi?). No easy way to get to the French Quarter...$30 taxi is your only option. Enterprise car rental right next door.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wow! You really did get the most out of your stay here and gave some great feedback about the area as well as our hotel. Yes the fresh pastries from the shop across the street are a real treat and now we are baking fresh muffins each day as well as preparing our own home made granola and service it in our restaurant. So if you’re feeling a bit lazy, you don’t have to go far for a great early morning pastry. I’m also happy to report that our business center is fully operational and recently renovated so you shouldn’t have any more problems there. Thank you so much for your business.

landluke
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

Business traveler - let me break it down.

1) Location: 5 minutes to airport, 1 min to I-10.

2) parking lot is located behind Hotel. It is unattractive and worse, un-attended with no rear entrance to hotel after 10. My thoughts go immediately to your car being broken into or personal assault while walking all the way around to front entrance.

3) Lobby is okay, but tired.

4) Staff okay

5) Room is nicely remodeled (but with tired old window-mount air conditon)

6) - Hotel located directly underneath flight path (Jet Noise all day, pre-dawn to the red eye).
- It is also located between busy Veterans Blvd and busy I-10 with constant road noise.
- Windows leak sound and curtains do not keep out the light

7) Breakfast is a full breakfast buffet. All the food groups but none taste particularily good (except the grapes this time, good grapes!)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank landluke
It’s true that one of our very best features is the location of the hotel and it’s proximity to the airport. Having said that, there is no way possible not to be in some ways “near” the path of flight, but I am happy to say that our hotel is not ‘directly” underneath the flight path as indicated. Our parking lot is very large and again a great advantage for large capacity groups or those who need bus parking. It’s fenced around the perimeter, well lighted and security patrolled throughout the evening. Like all of the hotel parking lots in the city, it is un-attended, but we feel it is very well secured. There is access into the hotel from the rear parking after 10pm as long as you’re a registered guest with a key. Again, we feel this is a great security feature that protects our guests. Our lobby looks fantastic as does the rest of the hotel because we’ve recently completed a full renovation and are very proud of the hotel. Breakfast is by far one of our best amenities and our buffet offers more variety and fresh prepared breakfast favorites than anyone in the area, and yes, our grapes are good too. I hope that we have the chance to serve this guest again in the future because I’m certain that the experience would be wonderful.

Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

What a difference a year makes! Have stayed at this hotel (as a Radisson) several times in past years, not by choice but as part of a group. The latest Doubletree renovations make a real difference in the hotel. New carpet, fresh paint, new tvs and fresh linens all make for a much more enjoyable stay. Desk personnel very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Stella081
This is what we like to hear! The hotel really does look good and refreshed for those guests that have been loyal to the property for many years. It's wonderful to see the expression on the faces of those who haven't been here for a while and are so surprised at all the new changes. We send thanks to this guest and appreciate the business.

Marshall Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I was recently sent to New Orleans LA. for business purposes. I found out that I was needed there on the morning of 12-18-2011 just the day before. Although it was very short notice I was able to reserve a room for the nights of 12-18 and 12-19-2011. I arrived at the hotel in the evening of 12-18-2011 and was promptly greeted and assigned a room on the 6th floor overlooking the street in front of the hotel. I needed to use my laptop and was relieved to find that their high speed wireless provider was quite easy to gain access and worked flawlessly. I had to work late into the evening on both of the nights I spent at the hotel and although my room was facing the street and the airport was quite close by, I was disturbed by any degree of noise from traffic or the airport activities. At the time I checked out of the hotel I was again treated quite well and promptly. I give this hotel a rate of excellent and will recommend it to anyone that visits the New Orleans area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I must say thank you to this guest for taking the time to write such nice compliments about their most recent stay. This is the reason that Doubletree is one of the very best hotel brands in the market today. Our hotel is a great value to business and leisure travelers alike and offers amenities like no other. We hope to see more guest like this one and pledge to provide the same great level of service.

All Over the World
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed at The Doubletree Kenner for 4 days last month and it was terrific. The hotel is doing some upgrades and they look GREAT. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They all knew our names and were always ready to please. Bar staff is very nice and friendly. I will be back on my next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
It's very nice to here such wonderful comments about the hotel and our staff. It's true that we have some of the greatest bar staff and they receive such wonderful comments all of the time from many of our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to write and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Stayed here last week with my 9 year old on our way to Dauphin Island. He accidentally forgot his beloved stuffed rabbit which he has been sleeping with from birth. Realized it that next night called the hotel told them our room number they said they would check with housekeeping and call me back . 2days passed called again no call back called for a third time left a message with head housekeeper no call back. Sent an email to manager with a photo of his rabbit. No Responce!!!!
Unbelievable the manager won't even respond!!!! They said he wasn't in the room but may have been bundled up in bedding and would take a few days to go through all the laundry?? Really???
Still no call so we stopped by on our way back to airport said they never found him!!!
Van driver said maids have a lot of kids probably ended up with one of their kids!!!
It makes me sick he has had this stuffed animal from birth and still slept with him!!
Staff is uncaring and unresponsive !!!!
If you leave anything there by accident forget about it !!!

• Stayed November 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
First of all and above all else, please know that all of us here at the Doubletree by Hilton New Orleans Airport feel terrible that your son is now without his long term favorite stuffed animal, Mr. Rabbit. Many of us here do have families of our own and can appreciate how that feels for a child. Believe me, you’re not the only one who has accidently lost or misplaced an item like this. When we were looking for your stuffed animal we found a pink elephant, a big brown bear and even a Kermit the frog, but unfortunately not the item you described. So as you can see we do have a lost and found program in place and it works for the most part, but unfortunately in your case it didn’t. I can only hope that after you returned home, perhaps you found it in another location. We also know that that sometimes happens and we all here want to think it’s a possibility in your situation. I’ve also spoken to all management my staff and know one to date that I have spoken to has received the email or photo you described in your email so that is probably why you didn’t get a response. Either way, I wish things had been handled better and promise to do our best in the future in similar situations. We thank you for your business and hope that we can one day service you again.