Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
$91
GardenInn.com
$99
BestWestern.com
Comfort Suites New Orleans Airport(Kenner)(Great Value!)
$179
ComfortSuites
$124
$128
All reviewscookiesdouble treenew orleansfront deskenjoyed my staybusiness tripwould stay here againparking lothotel staffchecking inmardi grasfrench quarterfree parkingshuttle serviceairportdowntowninterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I have stayed at at least 8 different Doubletree hotel locations in the last 2 years and I was disappointed in the Doubletree New Orleans Airport. The bldg. is old and although the docor has been somewhat updated, it needs more work. Front desk clerk at check-in was cold. Walls between rooms and exterior walls are extremely thin - I was on the 4th floor and I could hear the street noise over the sound of the a/c, even though I ran the a/c constantly in an attempt to block out the noise. The mattress was very firm - although some may find this appealing, I was not comfortable. And finally,there was no ice available on any of the floors of the hotel. I will not vist this hotel again on my next trip to Kenner, LA. For the price per night, I expected the hotel to be similar in service and quality as other Doubletrees I have stayed at, but it was not.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank starbunker2016
weylan, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2011

I was sorry to hear that your experience out Doubletree did not meet your expectations. I have to say that we’ve really accomplished a lot since your visit and our renovation is almost complete. Our service and cleanliness scores are among the best of the Brand and our guests are really enjoying the new Doubletree Sweet Dreams bedding package as well as the 37” HD flatscreen TV’s. I’m confident that you’ll see a difference should you decide to stay with us again and I hope you give us that chance to earn back your business.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

This is the filthiest hotel I have ever been in. I attempted to stay here on October 3,2011. The first room I was offered had a bad smell and visible dirt (not a stain) on the bed linens. They gave me the opportunity to move to another room, which I did. Unfortunately it was worse than the first room. The filth was unbelievable. Solid waste matter in the toilet bowl and on the seat and so much filth and dust on the curtains it looked like something you would see in an auto mechanics shop. They are going to begin a remodel but it won't help unless they teach their staff how to clean properly.

Room Tip: Wait until they finish the remodel. If you can't wait, ask to stay on the 7th floor. It's the one they are remodeling first.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Please accept our most sincere apology for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your October stay. It’s true that we are about to finish 3.5 million dollar renovation and although the hotel looks terrific, there is absolutely no excuse for uncleanliness. We want you to know that we take your comments seriously and will use them to improve our cleaning processes with our housekeeping staff. I do wish to share with you that our cleanliness scores are amongst the highest in the Brand so I feel confident that your case was an isolated one. Either way, we appreciate your business and hope you allow us the opportunity in the future to earn back your business.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Great rooms and sleep number beds. Airport transportation was on time and easy especially for 4am.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pdeano

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review about your stay and I’m glad to see people taking advantage of our Park & Fly program. It is so much easier to spend the night with us and let us drop you off at the airport especially when you have those crazy early morning departures. Something that many people don’t know is that we may be the only hotel in the area that offers van transportation 24 hrs a day. Anyway, thank you again for writing and we thank you for your business.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

Although this hotel is older and just recently switched to Doubletree brand, this hotel continues to renovate and provides a comfortable stay. The location is convenient to both MSY airport and to Interstate 10. The staff are very friendly, especially in the restaurant. Also a good value. I plan on coming back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thanks so much for writing. It’s always good to hear from our repeat guests, because we really appreciate your business and want you to think of the Doubletree by Hilton New Orleans Airport as your home away from home. You’re really in for a treat on your next visit because our renovation is almost complete and the guest rooms look terrific. I hope you’ll give us your feedback then and allow those readers out there to see just how much and how far we go to take care of our guests. Thank you so much for your continued business and please ask for me on your next stay so I can introduce myself to you.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were staying in New Orleans for 4 nights and moved to the Doubletree New Orleans Airport on the last night due to our 6am flight in the morning. I was able to secure a room at the Doubletree New Orleans Airport from an Expedia Unpublished Rate for only $58.83 with tax less than half of the published rate on the website when I booked.

The Doubletree is very welcoming and well presented. The warm welcome choc chip cookies on checking in are a lovely touch. The room was comfortable and very clean. We didn't hear any noise from planes or road traffic.

I did have a problem connecting to the wireless internet in my room and the lovely lady on the front desk tired very hard to fix this issue she offered use of a business room to connect for me to send my emails if I wished. The lobby had connection so I used a quiet place in the lobby.

Then in the morning the hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the airport so we didn't have the hassle of getting a taxi early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lily_2486

There’s no denying that we have a great location to the airport. And just in case you didn’t know it, we have van service that operates on a 24 hour basis so there’s never a problem wondering weather or not you’re going to catch those very early morning flights. I’m happy to announce that our 3.5 million dollar renovation nearly completed so you’re really be impressed the next time you stay with us. Don’t worry; we didn’t change anything about the cookie! You know what they say, you can’t improve on perfection. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.