“Will come back!”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Texas
“Will come back!”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We had a nice experience at Doubletree. Everything was very nice and clean.The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly. The kids loved the cookies and the big pool. My only complaint is that the pool sides needed scrubbing!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I didn't think this place would amount to much as it is an "Airport" hotel. I got a deal on Hotwire for this place. I would say this was a great stay. The pool was very nice (but they had to be reminded to unlock the gates to it), and the staff were really nice. The room itself was really clean and comfortable. Overall a really nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ocean Shores, Washington
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We selected this hotel to decompress from a cruise and be close to the airport.before heading home. It is a hotel which several airlines use for their crews. The room was very good....the pool area was great...the shuttle service was exellent...........but the restaurant was mediocre at best. There are other eating places nearby, but the area is not pedestian friendly. It has an excellent business center for your computer use. We booked thru Priceline at a very reasonable rate for this property. One other minor complaint....I was never certain the elevator was going to work as the doors crashed and banged every time!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nbsandman
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was an emergency booking, my spouse flew in at 9 am, I got in at 9pm. By the time I got in I was exhausted, all I wanted was a pillow and a blanket. I got so myth more, Eddy at the front desk made me laugh, no easy feat and gave great advice about our trip the next day to Lafayette. Breakfast was hot and delicious. Very nice hotel for the location and price - I got it online for a great price. I'd stay again just because the staff were outstanding!

Room Tip: Call ahead and let them know your needs.
Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Houston, TX
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I agree with the person who said this does not live up to the Hilton brand. I understand that Hilton only purchased this property 4 months ago, so hopefully they will make changes for the better. That being said, it was a very clean, comfortable, spacious room - just not what you'd expect from a Doubletree, mainly from a maintenance and decor aspect. Everything looked clean, but dated. The carpet in our hallway had 3 or 4 spots that were noticeably very worn, and one large (10 inches) red stain in front of one of the rooms. Our main problem was with the shower. When my husband went to use it, he noted that it was hanging loose about 1/2" from the wall (again, not something you'd expect to see in a Doubletree). After his shower, he couldn't shut the water off -- the handle just went round and round. We called for maintenance, and apparently there was no maintenance staff, because the young man who had checked us in at the front desk was the one who came to look at the shower. Since it required a plumber and he obviously couldn't fix it, he gave us the option of changing rooms or getting us a pair of pliers to turn the shower on and off. We opted for the pliers, since it was midnight and my husband was already in bed. After 30 minutes and no pliers I called the front desk again, and the pliers appeared fairly soon. I don't think they forgot about us - it just seemed like they were understaffed. Again, the room was clean and spacious, a very good value, and the staff was friendly and helpful, so I might stay here again, but they do need to make some improvements. We appreciated the free internet, but it was slow.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
New Iberia, Louisiana
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I stayed here with my three children for 2 nights and it was absolutely wonderful! I made the reservations on Hotwire so the room was only $55 per night, but as you know, you don't get to know which hotel you are booking until after you pay. So I was very nervous, but pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. It is very conveniently close to the airport and many wonderful restaurants. My children really enjoyed the pool area. I was very pleased with how nice and big the pool was. The room was extremely clean and comfortable also. The sleep number bed was to die for! Me and my family will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed May 19, 2011

This is my 4th stay at this property (my 1st since it has changed from a Radisson to a DoubleTree) and while it has always had a very good staff, it seems to be even better now. I've always stayed between 2 and 3 weeks and worked a 12 hour night shift. I have never been awakened by either the cleaning staff or airplanes as I slept during the day. My friends tell me the food is very good and I can attest to the bar/ loung being very comfortable and friendly. It's very close to the airport and not too far from Downtown. I will definitely be staying here the next time I am in New Orleans.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business