“Excellent hotel!!!”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent hotel!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Excellent hotel, love the decoration!!! Very clean!!!

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Indonesian first
Minneapolis
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I love the layout of my room. The colors were nice and the beds were very comfortable. The transportation to and from the airport was fast and friendly. This is a nice hotel for business but is too far away from the french quarter if you are in town to vacation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
cessporter, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experienced at our property. We appreciate your feed back.
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed here for work and found it a nice place. Kinda wished I had a microwave and fridge in the room for the price though. Being a Platinum Priority Club Member gets you housed away from the frey on the locked exclusive side second floor with a lounge reserved for Club members. I dined on cheeses and shrimp, veggies and complimentary beer and wine. Its was also open for breakfast Mon - Friday with fruit breakfast bars sausage and cheese biscuits scones toast cereal coffee milk and juice etc. It also get you free internet that is $9.95 per day otherwise. I didnt avail myself of the restaurant nor the bar but both looked inviting. Its seems to be a favorite for flight crews too it stayed full the whole time I was there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I booked this hotel to spend the night before a cruise. My trip started off rocky, but this hotel made it so much better.

I flew in from NY to New Orleans the night before a cruise vacation hoping I'll have time to relax and start off my trip rested. So much for my plans. We arrive in NO and the airline lost my friend's bag. We're very irritated at this situation since we are leaving in the afternoon and if the bags are not back in time, he's out of luck with all his clothes. We walk out of the airport and call the hotel and then we got hit with another punch... they said the complimentary airport shuttle ends at midnight. We had no choice but to pay for a cab to the hotel. Check in was fine but there was no manager on duty that late at night (~1:30AM) to gripe at. In the morning, we get a call from the airline that my friend's bag is in Argentina and won't make it in time for the cruise departure. The airline gave him an allowance to buy some clothes for the trip... but the problem is we're on a tight schedule and need to be at the cruise ship soon. This is where the hotel saved my trip:

We go to the front desk in the morning, and I asked to speak to a manager. I'm not sure, but I think his name was Mr. Jason. We tell him how we were stranded at the airport last night, and he refunded our cab fare! This was very nice of him and made us very happy. I mentioned to him how we have no luggage and need to be at the ship soon, and he very generously offered to have the hotel shuttle bus bring us to the local mall for a quick shopping trip and accommodated us with late checkout because of our situation!

Anybody can have a problem at any hotel, the sign of a great hotel is how they deal with the problem... and this place handled it efficiently and exceeded my expectations. They not only helped solve their own slip-up with the shuttle issue, but also volunteered to help us out of our own bad situation.

As far as the hotel itself, it's conveniently located not too far from the airport, it appeared there was plenty of parking if you rented a car. The rooms were clean, very nicely designed, and comfortable. If you need a place to stay nearby the New Orleans International Airport, I can sincerely recommend this place without reservation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank BertramVan
Northeastern US
Reviewed October 24, 2010

This was the most disappointing hotel stay I have had in a long time. I was staying here the night before an early morning flight. I usually fill up the tank the night before returning the rental car, but that turned out to be a big mistake here, because returning to the hotel is difficult once you pass it. It's hard to make U turns in the area. When I arrived, I found that the hotel was trying to charge me $10 more than the rate I was quoted when I made the reservation. After I complained, the hotel gave me the rate I was originally quoted. Just getting to the elevator required a long walk through a long passageway--not ideal when I want to get to bed after a late-night arrival. As for the room, the bathroom was tiny, and the odd, square-shaped sink didn't have adequate space for my toiletries bag. The shower head is so low that anyone over 5'8" has to duck. Finally, I was unable to set the alarm clock because it is so poorly designed, and the instructions did not work. If I ever have to stay near the New Orleans airport again, I'll choose another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I had another great stay at the Crowne Plaza. Got a great rate via entertainment card. Really enjoyed the staff, comfy beds and linen as well as the location. Always a great option when staying in the Kenner area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us and for wonderful comments. Have a blessed day!!
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I would really thanks for all help that I got with Chris, the driver.
He was extremelly kink and helpful!
Congratulations for your staff.
For sure when I came back to Kenner I am going to stay at Crowne Plaza!

Thank you very much for all.

Thiago Fontes Menzes
Brazilian - Navetron

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and continuing support in Crowne Plaza. We appreciate that Chris made you