“I won't stay here again.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Northeastern US
“I won't stay here again.”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

This was the most disappointing hotel stay I have had in a long time. I was staying here the night before an early morning flight. I usually fill up the tank the night before returning the rental car, but that turned out to be a big mistake here, because returning to the hotel is difficult once you pass it. It's hard to make U turns in the area. When I arrived, I found that the hotel was trying to charge me $10 more than the rate I was quoted when I made the reservation. After I complained, the hotel gave me the rate I was originally quoted. Just getting to the elevator required a long walk through a long passageway--not ideal when I want to get to bed after a late-night arrival. As for the room, the bathroom was tiny, and the odd, square-shaped sink didn't have adequate space for my toiletries bag. The shower head is so low that anyone over 5'8" has to duck. Finally, I was unable to set the alarm clock because it is so poorly designed, and the instructions did not work. If I ever have to stay near the New Orleans airport again, I'll choose another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Indonesian first
Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I had another great stay at the Crowne Plaza. Got a great rate via entertainment card. Really enjoyed the staff, comfy beds and linen as well as the location. Always a great option when staying in the Kenner area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
cessporter, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and for wonderful comments. Have a blessed day!!
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I would really thanks for all help that I got with Chris, the driver.
He was extremelly kink and helpful!
Congratulations for your staff.
For sure when I came back to Kenner I am going to stay at Crowne Plaza!

Thank you very much for all.

Thiago Fontes Menzes
Brazilian - Navetron

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and continuing support in Crowne Plaza. We appreciate that Chris made you
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 nights. Pleasantly surprised at how updated and new this hotel is. Yes, it does have somewhat of an akward layout, maybe at one time this used to be a motel of some sort? Either way, Crowne Plaza has done a great job in cleaning up the place and remodeling it.

PROS. Free parking. This is a plus, especially when you're used to paying $30/day at some of the downtown hotels. Everything in this hotel is new. New clean hallway carpet, new and nicely decorated elevators, new furniture, comfortable clean beds, new updated bathroom with granite wall. Nice, big flat screen tv in the room. The bar in the lobby looked nice as well, seemed to be occupied every night that we were there. For a hotel that is located right next to the airport, I really didn't hear much airplane noise.

CONS. I would not want to stay in one of the first rooms on the first level. They are positioned right next to the lobby and the bar. There's tons of foot traffic in that area, and everyone has to walk through that hall to get to the other rooms. They must be very noisy rooms! Rooms are a little small, but isn't that the standard with hotel rooms anyway. Basic towels... nothing big and fluffy (not a deal breaker).

I took some pictures of the room with the camera on my phone. I don't have a flash, so the pictures are rather dark.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linensandbooks
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I travel frequently for business and this hotel is at the top of my list when travelling to New Orleans. The staff is extremely friendly, the hotel is meticulously clean, and the rooms are large and comfortable. You get more than what you pay for at this hotel. From the time I check in to the time I leave, the service is impeccable and the staff from the general manager on down to housekeeping makes you feel like you are the only guest in the hotel. There is a great bar for unwinding in the evening and at the restaurant the food has been 5 star quality. I highly recommend this hotel when planning any trip to New Orleans or if you are planning to fly out of New Orleans airport. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport and it is a short 30 dollar cab ride to the french quarter which is what it would cost you just to park at any of the french quarterr hotels for one night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
richmond
Reviewed August 1, 2010

It's hard to believe that any hotel charges for WIFI these days, especially one that charges $100+ per night. I got the feeling I was being gouged at every turn. This bunch needs to get with the times!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
atlanta
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Stayed at this property twice in May 2010.

Hotel was very nicely renovated and rooms are very comfortable.

Hotel resturant was also very tasty. Food there was very good for a hotel resturant.

Front desk staff in the evening was not the friendliest group.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Central Business District
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome
#69 of 163 in New Orleans

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!