“great service”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
SF, CA
“great service”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

From chec-kin to check-out the service was great. The two young ladies that welcomed us were cheerful and took very good care of my family. The next morning we went to the Club Floor lounge for breakfast and Dinah, the morning attendant, was cheerful and provided very attentive service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Barrett W, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport for your recent stay in the Big Easy. Our staff makes the difference and we are proud of the impact that they have on each of our guests. We strive to provide you with options to relax and rejuvenate so you are prepared for a new day of work and travel. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Crescent City.

Yours in hospitality,

Barrett Wilson
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here the Monday after Super Bowl XLVII. I was here for work, and therefore not responsible for room costs, so I can not speak to the cost / value. However, the service was excellent, especially in the on-site restaurant The Landing. My waiter Richard was excellent. He answered all of my questions, and even arranged a "to-go" breakfast for me after dinner, due to my extremely early departure the following morning. He made sure that I was comfortable and well taken care of.

The rooms are modern, with contemporary decor. The bed was appointed with extra pillows, which I appreciate. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a place to stay in close proximity to MSY. Very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza New Orleans Airport on your recent visit after the Big Game. We are proud to offer a good clean room along with some good old fashioned southern hospitality. This hospitality carries over into our Food and Beverage outlets where you can enjoy a delicious meal with superior service. We appreciate your feedback which we share with our team members and we look forward to serving you again as your travels bring you back to the Greater New Orleans area.

Yours in hospitality,

Barrett Wilson
Manager
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

When the company booked me in this hotel, I was disappointed since I couldn't get my Marriott points and my somewhat spartan room didn't even have a window. And 75% of the TV channels didn't work. But when I realized I had been booked with club lounge access, the stay got a lot better, primarily because of Dinah, the morning attendant in the lounge. Her cheerful and attentive service made the whole week a very pleasant one.

The gym was unexpectedly good as well, much better equipped than comparable hotels I've stayed in elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill B
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stayed here on business for a week and while the hotel lobby and bar is nicely designed and clean, the rooms I stayed in were very poor. The first was so musty I had to switch rooms, and the second wasnt much better. While walking the halls even, there is a mustiness to the place.

My bigger concern is the breakfast bar. Its $14.50. Ive had better FREE continental breakfast at Holiday Inns!

A big plus to the hotel is their shuttle from the airport and the friendly staff. The front desk guy was very helpful in finding me another room and directing me thru the complex.

I guess if this hotel is #1 in Kenner I consider myself lucky.

• Stayed January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Videoskate,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room and the price for the breakfast. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Room was a regular size with large bathroom and a coffee maker. The vehicles stayed parked here while we flew out for a 6 day vacation and had no worries with leaving them behind. Dinah was the best at serving guest and a lovely smile. Transportation to and from airport was no trouble. In fact the other family left their back pack and camera in the shuttle and when we called about 30 min later, they offered to have it shipped

• Stayed January 2013
New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the CP for a week on a business trip and chose this hotel based on the location and postive reviews. I was not disapointed. The parking lot was large and free. Checkin was fast and easy. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. The priority club floor (2nd) and lounge are a really nice bonus. You don't usually get a free hot breakfast at CPs. Plus a basket of fruit and other goodies in the room. Nice touch! I also like the new thing IHG is doing with flavored water in the lobby (and cookies). Overall, I can't find anything to complain about.

One suggestion if anyone is listening: the lobby is really too open and kind of "cold" and plain. It could use more furnature or something to warm it up. I know there's a couch, a motorcycle (?), and some wall art, but It kind of industrial looking. Especially as you walk back to the elevator. Seems like you could go with some more traditional NOLA theme to make it more inviting and comforting. But that's a nit and I would not diswayed anyone from staying here for that reason. Overall this one of the nicer CPs I've been to recently.

Room Tip: If you're not a a PC member you should become one before you stay here. The priority club loung...