“Mixed feelings”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Stayed here a couple of nights. Very close to the airport thus very convenient if that's a need. Welcoming lobby. Nice restaurant/bar in lobby level - good food and friendly, attentive service. Front desk staff varied from friendly to indifferent (I can still live with that...). However, what I can't live with is the following practice: On each day of my stay, I came across dozens of towels scattered on the hallways of my hotel floor. some of these used towels were blood-stained and spattered with other body fluids. SIMPLY DISGUSTING. Why do housekeeping staff have to scatter these towels all over the floor in front of each room door? can't they use a cart and keep the mess away from their guests. For that reason alone, I would not be able to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton New Orleans Airport

Reviewed August 10, 2010

after reading the reviews, i was feeling a tad bit apprehensive about my stay at the New Orleans Hilton Airport. however, i must say i was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. the front desk staff were efficient and getting us checked in as we arrived well after midnight.

i do wish there was 24hr room service, but i decided it was good not to have that option! my only complaint is that although the linens were crisp and clean, the actual mattress was much softer than i would have liked. my room overlooked the back portion of the hotel were deliveries were made...it was not very appealing having to look at the trash dumpster on a beautiful sunny day.

the towels were large and soft, and the bathroom was stocked with Crabtree and Evelyn soaps/shampoos.overall the hotel is great due to the fact it is minutes away from the airport, but tourists should keep in mind..the airport is in in KENNER not New Orleans and you will need a car to drive the 30 minutes (no traffic) into New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Bathroom had hair all over - on countertop, all over floor, inside toiletbowl, inside bathtub/shower - pretty gross - my bed sunk in the middle - I started sleeping on the left side of bed but ended up in middle since it sunk in so much

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 13, 2010

Booked a room on the fly after a unexpected flight cancellation. The hotel staff was nice, the room clean and comfortable. Rate was pretty reasonable @ $119 for a last minute reservation. The location for getting to MSY.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I was looking for something close to the airport for late night arrival - this Hilton was super close and easy shuttle ride. Called a taxi for mtg in the a.m.
Good clean room. I ate in the bar - no problems.
I'd stay here again if I needed a quick in an out to N'awlins.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Hortkie
Reviewed December 28, 2009

First the positives:
The New Orleans Airport Hilton hotel front desk and bell staff are very friendly and helpful. Beautiful lobby, pool area and courtyards. Well appointed, comfortable rooms and Hilton beds. Great indoor workout facility and nice, inviting outdoor pool and spa under grand old oak trees. Sometimes the spa is not as hot as it should be with lots of oak tree leaves, so I hope there is better pool/spa maintenance in the future.
Negatives:
Unfortunately, the food outlets are just mediocre at best. I have dined at Second Line Sports Edition Bar, River Blend Coffee Bar, and the main dining room, Caf'e La Salle on many hotel visits, for breakfast, lunch & dinner. I have never received a great or very good meal.
The Second Line Sports Bar has lots of fried, bland food to go with your drinks. The sports bar staff usually act irritated, impersonal, and rushed, even when you are the ONLY customer, which makes one feel unwelcomed.
Caf'e La Salle has very friendly, smiling servers, but the food is mediocre, skimpy, and processed.
My latest experience was the Christmas breakfast buffet which was very sad. The food was dried out, overcooked, luke warm, with lots of empty bowls and serving dishes. The oatmeal and grits were dried and lumpy with a thick layer of "skin" that you have to break though, ugh. The bowl of brown sugar, raisins & granola was very old, stale, and hard as a rock. The Caf'e La Salle has the filthiest carpeting I have ever seen at an upscale hotel restaurant which makes sure I won't enjoy my meal.
I should have looked at the buffet before I sat down. I would have walked to the nearby Denny's instead.
My company has a contract with Hilton so I don't have a choice of where I stay. But I have begun to choose to dine at the nearby Denny's Restaurant & Bar for breakfast and dinner. Lunch can be had next door at the Subway sandwich shop at the gas station. The Hilton rooms are comfortable, the front desk staff helpful and wonderful. But the food and beverage outlets need a complete makeover.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank kimo767
Reviewed October 19, 2009

I have stayed there MANY times and not made the time to write a 'report' of this hotel. It is THEE most convienient hotel for access to the airport - hands down ... and you pay for it. It is OT financially 'worth' anything else OTHER than the locatoin to the airport. The staff is basically robotic and indifferent. They HAVE 'helped' me to check in early ONCE (when I needed) however I felt as though I had begged for a reduction in sentence at a legal proceeding when I had stated up front if they could not, I would simply facilitate some emails needing to be tended too, go for a walk, and do some reading until 'legal' time to check-in. EQUALLY I have been there WHEN it was 'proper' check-in time and my LONG BEFORE registered room was NOT available and THEY made ZERO concessions or offered ANY help. The hotel IS clean (basically) and succinct in all it 'offers' ... which IS what a hoitel SHOULD be doing. The A/C units ARE loud for me. The room service was civil, prompt and decent in taste (though ALMOST every time 'they' forgot SOMETHING and had to make double trips .. by which time food was either too cold, or warm, depending on what was being consumed). The business center is VERY straightforward and I have solely used for printing off boarding passes, as they charge outlandish prices for 'common' internet use (I use my own in-room). Also in the business center can be found Fed-Ex envelopes, and the like, which ARE nice and NOT necessarily available in OTHER locals. Parking is a non-issue for me as I have rental cars, which are returned and then I walk or take a shuttle back to teh property. I have not heard 'neighbours' in rooms next to mine, above or below. I have not needed bell-man service or concierge operatives. Beds have been lovely, as have the bedding. VERY limited tv stations (quite odd actually). Nice straight-forward property, but QUITE expensive for what it is.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!