“Tired Room with a Great Staff”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel for value and location is a good place to stay. The hotel is past its prime. The property requires to refreshed with new furniture, bedding and decor. The staff is friendly at the desk and the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Tom M, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Maurice P,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I am glad you found our Hotel to be a value and our staff friendly. Please know we are consistently working on renovation projects throughout the Hotel. The Hilton brand has strict standards and we work hard to exceed them. I hope your next visit will allow you to experience some of the exciting changes we are working on. Thanks again for your review.

There are newer reviews for Hilton New Orleans Airport

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My tired family and I (2 adults and 2 teen kids) arrived at 12:30am with a guaranteed reservation for 2 double beds only to be given a key to a room with one bed. We had to go back down and tell the front desk that we were given the wrong room. She said there were no other rooms and we could put a rollaway bed in there for the 17 and 15 year old to sleep on. When I told her that was not reasonable to put 2 grown kids on a rollaway and expect them to sleep well and that I would not have booked a room with those accommodations she said that's all she could do. I have had one other experience where a hotel I had booked did not have appropriate accommodations when I arrived and they took me to another hotel close by and make sure everything was made right.

I sat my family in the lobby while I tried to find a room for the night. I called Hilton customer relations and the lady could not believe how I was being treated but she got us into a Hilton Garden Inn not far from this hotel and Hilton paid the difference. I give credit to Hilton for taking care of us and will continue to stay in their hotels (I am an HHonors member), but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone after the way my family was treated. This hotel does not care about you or trying to make things better when they can not provide what they supposedly....guaranteed. Hilton should drop their name from this hotel before it ruins the good Hilton name.

2  Thank FunDadfranklin
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that, although it very rarely happens, we were unable to honor your room type request on this stay. I absolutely agree that we could have and should have done more to assist you in finding other accommodations and I will certainly share this experience with my front office staff. I too am disappointed in how this was handled. Although you should not have had to go to that length, I am happy that our guest assistance office was able to assist you in finding more suitable accommodations.

Thank you again and I assure you that this was an isolated incident and not at all a true representation of the level of service we consistently deliver to all of our valued guests. I hope you will afford us a future opportunity to be of service on your next trip to the New Orleans area!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Lights missing and not working, wireless phone not working, TV analog and not digital so could not get half of the channels, upholstery torn badly, and bed was not very comfortable. Do not judge Hilton brand by this hotel as I have stayed at many Hiltons, and none were as poorly maintained as this hotel was maintained. It is convenient to the airport which is why I decided to try this location out, but at $199.00/ night before tax, I could have stayed almost anywhere else in this vicinity and saved money and had better accommodations. The good things about this hotel were that the shuttle to the airport ran very frequently and the lobby was very nice. I cannot comment on the restaurant since I did not have time to try it out. The room was very small as well and my wife and I ran into the bed trying to get by it to the other side of the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you very much for your response. I am sorry that you found several issues within your room. Please know that the conditions as you described, in no way meet my standards, nor do they meet the standards of Hilton Hotels. I assure you that we maintain a routine repair and maintenance program, but it sounds like this room needs more attention. I have shared your comments with my Housekeeping and Maintenance department management staff, to stress the importance of providing a clean, safe, comfortable and completely functioning guest room experience.

Thank you also for your detailed account of your transportation experience, as well as your accurate assessment of our beautiful lobby. We absolutely appreciate your feedback. We hope you will allow us a future opportunity to be of service, the next time you visit the New Orleans area!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Had bad flight times in and out of New Orleans so booked this hotel for 2 nights at either end of a business trip. It was not a great experience.

No Airport Hotels are great as they cater for that transient one night before moving on brigade so typically take a beating from a lot of movement from guests with lots of luggage. Even so, this place is looking tired and well past its refurb date. Surprised its a Hilton.

Getting too and from it was also a major hassle. Arriving into Airport we had one grumpy taxi driver who had queued up for ages to get a short ride to an Airport Hotel. We had a lot of luggage so walking was out as its too far. So had to tip him big to make up for the short trip. Great start! Then no water in room! Come on!! Your charging big bucks Hilton and you could put some water in the room. Not even any in the empty fridge. So weary traveller after long haul flight desperate for a drink in the night. Not impressed.

Check in was easy and fast however. Had a couple of beers in the bar on way out, at rip-off prices. Refused to eat though as the food looked grim. So not a great a Hotel and very poor for a Hilton

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize that you found our hotel did not meet your expectations. You are right that as an airport hotel, we do a high volume of business. However, we cater to many groups as well and perform routine maintenance to all areas of the hotel, in order to ensure a great guest experience.

Please be aware that we offer complimentary, 24-hour on demand shuttle service to and from the airport. Simply call us the next time you arrive and we will usually arrive at the transportation center within 10 minutes. As for the water, we now hand out water at the desk during check in. It's routinely provided to our HHonors guests, but is absolutely available to all our guests, complimentary upon request.

I certainly hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to New Orleans. I invite you to try the food in our sports bar. We consistently get compliments on many of our dishes, particularly our gumbo, which rivals many of the restaurants in the French Quarter.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We checked into the hotel with no problems..... when we checked out 2 days later we made sure that everything was cleared as far as our bill, the receptionist assured us that the $381.00 bill was cleared and paid fully with our bank card. Three days later, our bank contacted us for suspicious activities with our card. The Hilton, without our authorization, put on hold an extra $438.27, THREE DAYS AFTER checking out of the hotel!!! That's over $800.00 for 2 nights stay. When I called the hotel they said that they don't know why, but by the next day, the pending extra charge will be dropped. It's not right that a business can put as much money extra that they want, on hold, without your authorization or aknowledgment. I will never stay at a Hilton ever again, and I travel all over the world for my business. When it comes to Hilton "WATCH YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!!!"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank billy c
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a friendly and efficient check in experience. As for your concern about an additional hold after check out, although I was not personally involved, I can assure you that it is not a normal practice at any Hilton Hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, as I would appreciate any additional detail that would allow me to help figure out what exactly happened. Please know that we value our guests business far too much to do anything of this sort. I look forward to hopefully speaking with you soon and a future opportunity to be of service!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The desk staff are not problem solvers. They past the buck and do not take ownership of the customer problems when the hotel is at fault. I was double charged for a room and no one took ownership to resolve the problem. I am home from my vacation trying to resolve the problem.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your recent experience. I apologize that there were discrepancies associated with your final bill. We deliver a copy of your final bill to your room the night prior to your scheduled checkout. We hope that this provides an opportunity for you to review your bill for accuracy, prior to checking out. Our desk agents are there to assist and make on the spot corrections before you leave. I trust that we have since been able to make the corrections and provide any adjustments that were due to you. If for any reason that has not happened, please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. I would be more than happy to assist as needed. I hope that this will not prevent you from staying us in the future, as we certainly appreciate your business!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I usually love the Hilton and/or Hampton hotels but this experience was not one of my favorites. I had problems with the remote control, the lamp, and no tissue in the bathroom --take that back, I had tissue but only two (2) rolls and it wasn't restocked.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you had an issue with your television remote control. I hope that you took advantage of our 24 hour maintenance staff and reported the problem, so we could quickly replace it at your convenience. Please know that our housekeeping staff is also here to serve you and would have been more than happy to provide more than the standard two rolls of toilet paper. You are absolutely right to expect a consistent stay when you choose any of the many Hilton brands of hotels. I sincerely hope that you will afford us a future opportunity to re-earn your loyalty, on your next visit to New Orleans!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!