WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hilton New Orleans Airport

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Baltimore
“Hilton Airport New orleans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

nice hotel located near airport plenty of parking okay rooms, okay breakfast, good value in high priced city. pleasant lobby, and nice pool area and courtyard. I would stay there again if needed to be in New Orleans

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Detroit, MI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We decided to stay at the Hilton New Orleans Airport because of my loyalty to Hilton (Diamond Elite) and it’s close proximity to the New Orleans Airport. Really, its proximity to the airport is the only thing this hotel has going for it. After reading many of the other reviews on TripAdvisor, I thought it couldn’t be bad. I am not sure where the other reviewers are coming from, but this place is just plain tired, dirty and in need of a complete remodel.

Check-In: Quick and easy, but no upgrade or thank you for the front desk attendant for being a Diamond Member. Not the usual enthusiasm usually portrayed when arriving at a Hilton hotel.

Lobby: This is probably the best area inside the hotel but it is definitely starting to show the wear and tear.

Lobby Bar/Restaurant: Also looking pretty tired. I decided to sit for a drink and noticed when looking behind the bar it was a mess. There were bottle caps on the floor; the liquor shelves we filthy dirty and the doors are badly nicked and scratched which really adds to the wear and tear look. There are plenty of TV’s in the bar, but the bar does not have a comfortable feel. They should dim the lights, which would probably help to hide the grunge. Or, maybe someone should get off their lazy butts and clean the place to proper Hilton standards. I also had a chance to peak in the kitchen and I really didn’t like what I saw; it just wasn’t clean. I wouldn’t even drink out of the glass the bartender gave me because it just didn’t appear to be clean.

Public Restroom: Filthy and poorly maintained. Debris on the floor, trash receptacles overflowing with paper towels. Urinals dirty (inside and out). Disgusting is how I would describe it.

Hallways: Looking tired and dingy which is the first sign of a poorly maintained, outdated hotel. The dingy carpeting followed its way into the guest room.

Rooms: Initially the room seemed clean, but after further inspection it too shows signs of wear from accommodating so many guests. Doors are severely scratched and paint chipping. Carpet looks warn and the room had an unpleasant odor. The bathroom is tiny and the grout looks old, grungy and plenty of mildew. Here is the best part of my stay. After taking a shower, I had a visitor in my bathroom and his name was MR. COCKROACH. Yes, that’s right, when stepping out of the shower, there was a HUGE COCKROACH waiting for me. I grabbed some tissue and gave him a porcelain swirly. I honestly couldn’t wait to get out of the room as I truly expected this from my initial reaction and condition of the hotel. I actually felt like I telepathically summoned the little bugger to make a showing. I was only scheduled to stay one night. If I had to stay another night, I would have for sure found another hotel to stay at. I did let the young lady at the front desk know; she was very apologetic and did give me a 50% credit on the room. However, if you were to pay me to return to the property, I wouldn’t.

Overall, the hotel is in poor to terrible condition and I originally over paid for the room. This hotel does not live up to the standard of quality I’ve come to expect from Hilton. I believe there is a better choice near the New Orleans airport and would never consider staying at this property again unless it was fumigated and completely remodel.

Hilton, you need to look into this property. Take it from one of your top customers; this place is a crap hole. It’s just not clean and that’s the most important aspect of staying at a hotel, it has to be clean!!

Potential guests, stay at your own risk and don’t be swayed by the other reviewers. Seriously consider another property and remember you have a choice when choosing hotels and this one shouldn’t even be on the list.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

it was a perfect location for our group..directly across from airport..close to football field ..staff was very accommodating and helped as much as they could. the staff in the bar area was a little slow and didnt have a great deal of urgency but nonetheless they were nice..the breakfast was very good for our group as we had over 20 kids however they needed more staff/servers to clean tables and provide more utensils, cups, plates etc...

North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel was great, the staff was excellent We felt welcomed. The breakfast was out of this world you must try the omelets they are cooked with love! The rooms were clean and comfortable. I thought noise might be an issue because we are near the airport. however, slept like a baby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Tyler, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great Location, Easy In- and Egress, Super Clean, Very Comfortable, Terrific Amenities; Our primary activities were in Kenner but we went to the French Quarter for play time and on a weekend with multiple activities occurring in the area and travel time was very reasonable. I recommend this hotel whether your "business" is in Kenner, New Orleans or any of the surrounding areas.

Apopka, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We came to New Orleans for a wedding @ the French Quarter. The hotels in the French Quarter were astronomically priced (and honestly not that great..don't believe the smoke & mirrors on the online photos), so we went for the next best and nearest hotel. The price at the Hilton was perfect, the location was great...only about 17 minutes from the "Quarter". Clean. Friendly. There were also no crazy parking fees! In summary, the Hilton was affordable & clean...what more can you ask for.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The hotel was decent enough, just wished I had stayed closer to downtown. The floor I was on was on could have used some paint and some tlc. The ice machine was broken on my floor. The frontdesk staff was very good and so was the waitstaff in the restaurant. We opted for the continental breakfast buffet and it was good. Overall the stay was pleasant. I stayed for 4 nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and thank you for your comments regarding our staff and breakfast. I sincerely apologize though for the non-operating ice machine on your floor and the need for some touch-up. Please know that we work daily refurbishing and improving all areas of our property to stay competitive and we appreciate your feedback. I hope we see you again so that we may have the pleasure of exceeding your expectations on your next stay.