“Avoid this hotel!”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Front staff was very rude and unprofessional. Arrived at hotel 9:30 pm and room was not ready. We were finallly given a room at 11:00pm. Room was dirty and smelled terrible. I would rather have slept in my car and saved the $300 than stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Eric H
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear that you had issues with your stay and I apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations. Your comments are uncharacteristic of what we normally receive and I will look into the issues you raised. I do hope you were able to speak with a manager on duty while on property. We always welcome the opportunity to make things right during your stay. Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Located a very short 2-minute shuttle ride to the airport (and the shuttle is called on demand 24x7). A little bland but well kept up rooms, good room service and friendly reception. If you're visiting the city it's probably better to stay downtown but this is a good choice if you're staying only one night and flying out on an early morning flight.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BGosivetti
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad you enjoyed the shuttle, room service and friendly hospitality. I am sorry though that you were not impressed with your room décor. We are always working on updates to our property and we look forward to impressing you on your next visit. Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Great stay in order to catch a very early flight. I live only 45 minutes from New Orleans. I made the right decision to stay overnight specifically to be close to the airport and not to inconvenient my family.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thanks for your review. I am so glad you found our location convenient. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We (my wife and I) arrived around noon for an overnight stay, We are Hilton Honors Members, so had no problem getting an upgrade.

The Reception person was very helpful and pleasant, restaurant staff also.

Breakfast buffet was huge..and reasonably priced.

I had some difficulty signing into the 'complimentary' WI-Fi..staff came to the room and got me signed in no problem..talk about service!

Room actually had clear Maritini type GLASS Tumblers...no plastic ones here...lots of towels and Terry Cloth Bathrobe. King bed was awesome..asked for extra pillows and they were there.
Pool and Hot Tub areas were clean and comfortable, they even had 'electronic lifts" for handicapped people to access the pool area.

Great way to relax after spending a week in "neworlans". Very impressed with the whole stay!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better...and ask for an upgrade at the reception desk!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BBhappytravelers

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We love doing upgrades for our guests and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments regarding staff, food and beverage services, pool area and guest room items such as our glass tumblers and comfortable bed. We would love the opportunity to impress you again on your next visit so come back and see us soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have had a quick trip to NOLA about 2 months ago. I stay just for 1 night but the staff was very professional all the information you need they provide on first hand.

The bar close early at night but all the rest was ok.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. How wonderful you found our staff professional and informative but I am very sorry that the bar had closed early the night you stayed with us. That is not typical for our property and I apologize again. I hope we will have a future opportunity to be of service.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was good and clean, the bed was comfortable. I had requested a foam pillow on-line in advance, but it was not I the room when I arrived. This hotel is a bit dated and shows its age. The hallways have turnings and I passed several louvered doors that looked a little scary. The cabinet in the bathroom was pretty scratched and nicked. I couldn't tell if it needed to be cleaned or if it was just old. The bathroom sink didn't drain and a bathroom light was burned out - both of which I notified the front desk of when I checked out (I arrived at midnight so didn't bother when I arrived). The bathtub/shower is also in need of some updating. I think this could be a very nice hotel with some updating, but it's definitely showing its age. Also, it was pouring rain outside when I left in the morning. I tried to find someone to see if there was an umbrella I could use just to pull my car under the patio cover, but there was only one front desk staff with a line of people to help - there was no other worker in sight!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry that we did not provide you with the true Hilton experience. I apologize for the issues you experienced with your guest room and that you found our hotel to be dated. We always appreciate hearing from our guests and I thank you for bringing the issues you mentioned in your review to my attention. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and I assure you that your comments will only help us improve our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies and we hope that you will afford us a future opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This Hilton has the same good quality, nice rooms and a good location for airport access and easy driving to New Orleans and Baton Rouge. However, I was so impressed with the friendly professionalism of the front desk staff both with me and with others I overheard when I was in the lobby. Kudos the the staff for setting a very high bar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aulocks

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am so glad you found quality and convenience with your stay and thank you for recognizing our friendly staff. Our team takes a lot of pride in providing excellent service to our guests. We look forward to your next visit.