“Cruise stay”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Vancouver, Canada
“Cruise stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Recommended by our travel agent, overall good stay, clean quiet rooms. Our last night problems with the safe, when it could'nt be fixed, we were moved to another room. Good location, reasonable ride on public transit to get downtown New Orleans. I glad I did'nt stay downtown, too busy with Mardi Grais

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and found your accommodations clean and quiet. I am sorry that we were unable to repair the room safe in the room you were staying in but glad that we were able to accommodate you in another room. Please come back and see us again soon and thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
SPRINGFIELD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

watch the directions getting to the hotel, don't go thru the airport like I did! I did not see the concierge, thought one should have been there more often that what I saw. No complaints of anything though.

Room Tip: One side faces the airport, one side is a parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the lack of visibility of our concierge and I hope we did not miss an opportunity to be of service to you. Please do not hesitate to see one our Front Desk team members or ask for the Manager on Duty if ever you have a request, comment or question. We welcome the opportunity to exceed your expectations and to ensure you leave extremely satisfied. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope we see you again soon.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Had to go to this hotel as Madi gras was on and no where else free, I wish I had bought a tent in stead.
The hotel is dated and dirty and the staff treat you as a commodity, and are not friendly at all.
I had a room booked for 4 days at over $180 and I had some one join me after 2 days and I went to book him in and as I was served by 2 people as one started and then took. Call was given 2 different rates? Managed to get their rate down to the lowest but they kept mine the same. The food is terrible and greasy and each night you get charged different prices for the beer? I had to eat out after the first night.i tried to think of something nice to say about this hotel but couldn't find anything, I have stayed in Hilton hotels all around the World and find them a bit pricey as its normally in large cities and you accept it as they are clean and friendly.I have to say this is by far the worse, I have had the misfortune to stay in
New Orleans great but avoid this hotel.

Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. Mardi Gras brings very high occupancy to our area and as a result most guests choose to book non-changeable reservations for a better cost savings. It sounds like this might be the case with your reservation but without knowing the particulars, I am unable to determine more information. The terms of your reservation are provided at the time of booking and I welcome the opportunity to discuss your reservation if you would like to contact me personally.

Also, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your food and beverage experience or the hotel in general. I hope that while you were dining with us, you provided feedback to a Food and Beverage Manager or your Server. We are always happy to receive your comments along with a chance to make things right while you are staying with us. We work very hard to exceed the strict standards that Hilton provides for us and I am sorry that we did not impress you during your stay. I hope that you will afford us a future opportunity to be of service and I thank you again for your feedback.
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

there seems to be a hilton at every airport i use. always a secure property w/ reasonable rates. we stayed there one night before and one night after our cruise. room clean and large. pool and jacuzzi available as well as fitness centre. upgrade $10. provides a robe and a full compiment of 'bath and body works' bath products. coffee maker w/ lavazza italian coffee. very good.

totally sound proof w/ black out curtains. free airport shuttle, arrive in lobby 10 min. before heading to airport. our flight arrived at 6 pm. and we were picked up in 10 min. altho a couple at the air port had waited 40. our flight left at 8 am. and we arrived at the airport in five min.

we had a standard american breakfast buffet ($22) open 6:30 - 9: 30. if you have the time i suggest you walk next door to the IHOP (open 24 hours). breakfast costs less and food better. we had a healthy grilled chicken w/ broccolli and salad supper there chosen from a wide variety of food (w/ tip $15.) enjoyed crawfish etouffle and a salad at the sports bar in the hotel ($25. w/ tip) typical new orleans fare. no regrets. you can watch your favorite sport (pop corn provided) w/ a drink and without lunch or dinner. i always stay at an airport hilton and have never regretted my decision.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CommittedCruiser
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found your accommodations secure and reasonable. I am also glad you enjoyed a couple of our menu items in our restaurant The 2nd Line but very sorry you were not completely satisfied with our breakfast buffet. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for saying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here before leaving on a cruise. The hotel was well kept and staff was overall friendly. They had some kind of ball or function going on that made for lots of noise and congestion earlier in the evening.... but that got better.

Room Tip: Go through Hilton's website
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and friendly staff. I am sorry to hear that your stay was interrupted by a function on property. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide you with clean, comfortable and quiet accommodations during your stay and so again, I am sorry for the noise interruption. We want to be your hotel of choice when you travel to our area and I hope we will have a future opportunity to be of service. I value your feedback and I thank you again for taking the time to provide it.
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton-New Orleans airport location.
It was across the road from the terminal...24 hour airport shuttle.
Even though it was in such close proximity to the airport, there was little noise in the room from the planes.
There was a bit of a problem with the hot water on the night that I stayed.
The staff were very nice. Ms Wright at the front desk went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant.
The facility was clean and the lobby area was pleasant.
There was a restroom attached which I didn't use.
I would definintely stay again!
: -)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eulalia_3
Thank you for providing your feedback. Also thank you for your comments regarding our convenient location and our staff being friendly but I am sorry about the hot water issue you experienced the night of your stay. I am glad that our Guest Services team member went above and beyond to make things right and your stay pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel.
Veracruz, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good choice for a business trip, it´s near the airport and has a good restaurant and a Starbucks inside. If you are going for vacation, is not the best choice, it´s far from the French Quarter.
For breakfast you can enjoy the local cuisine and for dinner don´t forget to try the Crawfish etouffee or the Gumbo at the Second Line Sports Edition Lounge (restaurant / bar).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and some delicious menu items from our restaurant Second Line. I hope you had a wonderful time while visiting the French Quarter area and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Safe travels!