“Good Experience”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here before leaving on a cruise. The hotel was well kept and staff was overall friendly. They had some kind of ball or function going on that made for lots of noise and congestion earlier in the evening.... but that got better.

Room Tip: Go through Hilton's website
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and thank you for your comments regarding our hotel and friendly staff. I am sorry to hear that your stay was interrupted by a function on property. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and provide you with clean, comfortable and quiet accommodations during your stay and so again, I am sorry for the noise interruption. We want to be your hotel of choice when you travel to our area and I hope we will have a future opportunity to be of service. I value your feedback and I thank you again for taking the time to provide it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton-New Orleans airport location.
It was across the road from the terminal...24 hour airport shuttle.
Even though it was in such close proximity to the airport, there was little noise in the room from the planes.
There was a bit of a problem with the hot water on the night that I stayed.
The staff were very nice. Ms Wright at the front desk went above and beyond to make my stay pleasant.
The facility was clean and the lobby area was pleasant.
There was a restroom attached which I didn't use.
I would definintely stay again!
: -)

1 Thank Eulalia_3
Thank you for providing your feedback. Also thank you for your comments regarding our convenient location and our staff being friendly but I am sorry about the hot water issue you experienced the night of your stay. I am glad that our Guest Services team member went above and beyond to make things right and your stay pleasant. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel.
Veracruz, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

Good choice for a business trip, it´s near the airport and has a good restaurant and a Starbucks inside. If you are going for vacation, is not the best choice, it´s far from the French Quarter.
For breakfast you can enjoy the local cuisine and for dinner don´t forget to try the Crawfish etouffee or the Gumbo at the Second Line Sports Edition Lounge (restaurant / bar).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and some delicious menu items from our restaurant Second Line. I hope you had a wonderful time while visiting the French Quarter area and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Safe travels!
Southern California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I was here for Super Bowl. Staff here is very accommodating and delightful. Rooms are spacious, clean - they had a recent renovation; shows wonderfully.
Complimentary transfers from the airport to hotel. Free parking.
Cab from hotel to downtown is $33.00.
Room service was prompt and delicious.
Food in the restaurant was not good. I sent my initial order back and asked for a sandwich instead.
Definitely recommend as a hotel for layovers in New Orleans. It's definitely not easy for travel to and from downtown. If you come to NO during a special event and can't get in the downtown, it's a great hotel.

Room Tip: Not on the second floor above the foyer.
1 Thank CAevents
Thank you for providing your feedback. I am glad to hear you found our staff accommodating, our complimentary shuttle and parking convenient and that you enjoyed your room accommodations. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal in our restaurant. Our Chef’s are always looking for ways to improve our menu items and guest feedback is a valuable tool for this. I will share your comments with our staff and I look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Slidell, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

If one has to stay by MSY airport this is the place to stay. It is located directly across from the entrance to the airport. The motel and rooms are very clean and up to date. The center courtyard is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed our location and your accommodations. It is also nice that you enjoyed time spent in our beautiful European-style courtyard. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service the next time you visit the New Orleans area and thank you again for providing your feedback.
Effie, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The food service was enjoyable. We tried to find a eating establishment in town and found them all busy so we ended up back at the Hilton's grill. We had Crawfish etoufee and red fish grilled. Man was it good. It was not over the hill hot but it was spicy and just right. Another great thing when you check in they give you a big chocolate chip cookie, I'm a diabetic so I didn't eat one but my wife and boss enjoyed them!
Although the Hilton is across the street from the airport I didn't find the planes excessively loud and they were landing close enough to reach out and touch them.

1 Thank LeeH113
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful, our location quiet and had an opportunity to enjoy a few delicious entrees from our restaurant Second Line. I look forward to the opportunity to be of service again in the future and thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was coming in late so decided to spend the first night at the airport then switch to the city in the morning. The hotel is right across the street from the airport (literally) and it is a quick shuttle there.

The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The bed was your typical updated Hilton fare and it felt like they had recently renovated the hotel. I was also in a room on the back side so didn't hear any of the airport noise.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly as were the staff in the restaurant. The breakfast menu wasn't bad (ordered off the menu vs. the buffet).

The workout room is large with lots of new Precor equipment which was very nice indeed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DAL504
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you found your room spacious, well-furnished and quiet and our staff extremely friendly. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our fitness area as well. We strive very hard to provide exceptional experiences for all our guests and I hope that you feel we exceeded your expectations during your stay. We would like to be your hotel of choice during your next visit to our area. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to being of service in the future.