“Excellent location for NO airport”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed January 30, 2013

If one has to stay by MSY airport this is the place to stay. It is located directly across from the entrance to the airport. The motel and rooms are very clean and up to date. The center courtyard is nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is so nice to hear how much you enjoyed our location and your accommodations. It is also nice that you enjoyed time spent in our beautiful European-style courtyard. We look forward to the opportunity to be of service the next time you visit the New Orleans area and thank you again for providing your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hilton New Orleans Airport

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The food service was enjoyable. We tried to find a eating establishment in town and found them all busy so we ended up back at the Hilton's grill. We had Crawfish etoufee and red fish grilled. Man was it good. It was not over the hill hot but it was spicy and just right. Another great thing when you check in they give you a big chocolate chip cookie, I'm a diabetic so I didn't eat one but my wife and boss enjoyed them!
Although the Hilton is across the street from the airport I didn't find the planes excessively loud and they were landing close enough to reach out and touch them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeeH113

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you found our staff friendly and helpful, our location quiet and had an opportunity to enjoy a few delicious entrees from our restaurant Second Line. I look forward to the opportunity to be of service again in the future and thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was coming in late so decided to spend the first night at the airport then switch to the city in the morning. The hotel is right across the street from the airport (literally) and it is a quick shuttle there.

The rooms are spacious and well furnished. The bed was your typical updated Hilton fare and it felt like they had recently renovated the hotel. I was also in a room on the back side so didn't hear any of the airport noise.

The front desk staff was extremely friendly as were the staff in the restaurant. The breakfast menu wasn't bad (ordered off the menu vs. the buffet).

The workout room is large with lots of new Precor equipment which was very nice indeed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DAL504
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you found your room spacious, well-furnished and quiet and our staff extremely friendly. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed our fitness area as well. We strive very hard to provide exceptional experiences for all our guests and I hope that you feel we exceeded your expectations during your stay. We would like to be your hotel of choice during your next visit to our area. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to being of service in the future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this Hilton for an Irish stepdance competition. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff extremely friendly and accommodating. It's also only about 15-20 minutes from the French Quarter so you can go exploring there without having to pay French Quarter prices for a hotel.

Doublecheck your reservation though because we thought a continental breakfast was included but it was not. We managed though with egg and ham croissants from the coffee shop at a much cheaper price than the full sit-down breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your room and our friendly and accommodating staff. It is also nice that our convenient location to the French Quarter worked well for you. I am sorry though for any misunderstanding you experienced with breakfast being included in your reservation. On property, our Guest Services staff is able to confirm your reservation details at anytime during your stay. We also have complimentary Continental breakfast as an available benefit with Hilton HHonors members depending on their membership level but I am glad that you enjoyed River Blends, where we serve Starbucks Coffee and you can purchase breakfast options to go such as pastries, croissants and many other items.

I hope we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the near future and I thank you again for your feedback and for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The lobby is not exactly inviting but the lady who greeted me a late evening after a long day with clients was extremely friendly and even gave me a deep discount on the rooms for no particular reason. The rooms are like the rest of the hotel: A bit "tired" and in need of a facelift. However, everything is clean and functional and the shuttle service to the airport is convenient, so it works just fine for crashing before an early morning flight.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for acknowledging our friendly and accommodating team member. It is nice that you found everything to be clean and functional and our complimentary shuttle service convenient. I am sorry though that you did not enjoy the feel of our lobby. We are always updating areas of the property so I am happy to report that we have just completed installation of our brand new state-of-the-art Connectivity Station in our lobby area. Our goal is to exceed your expectations so we have taken design measures such as plenty of well-appointed seating, marble floors and an adjacent European-style courtyard. While our guest rooms do meet Hilton design standards and are very comfortable, we are preparing for a new guest room design and I invite you to contact me personally with your suggestions so that they may be considered in the new design. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit our area and thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you are meeting guests in the lobby, meeting rooms or bar, this is an excellent location, if you just need a comfortable room to work, sleep ad catch some TV, stay next door at the Days Inn. The long walk from the lobby through dark, uninspiring halls ways with marginal signage will finally get you to your room, which, while recently updated, is under illuminated for work. The staff while very friendly upon arrival, were unable to bring either a replacement remote, or batteries for the remote...oh well, I probably needed to work more than watch TV. When informing the staff as I checked out that the remote still needed to be serviced, they shared "We'll take care of that for the next guest." I guess they don't expect me back despite my Diamond status with Hilton Honors. Overall I consider this one of the worst values of my recent travels....but, I wasn't meeting anyone in the lobby or bar.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steven M
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. While I am glad to hear your compliments regarding our public spaces, I would like to apologize for your disappointment with your accommodations. I walk our guest room floors daily and have never found any malfunctions with lighting or signage but I would like to apologize if we did not seem approachable in asking for specific directions to your guest room. Also, we are always glad to bring an extra lamp or assist with any other special requests our guests may have and I would like to apologize that we did not take care of the issue with your remote control. It is unacceptable and I will share your feedback with my entire team to let them know how we could have improved your stay. Also, please know that at Hilton, we encourage you to share your feedback with the General Manager or a Manager on Duty while you are with us. We welcome the opportunity to hear how you are enjoying your stay and to look for ways to exceed your expectations.
At Hilton, our promise is to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. It's at times like this, when we fall short of that goal, that I appreciate guest feedback the most. Once again, please accept my sincere apology and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the true Hilton experience.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very welcoming staff, I always like that in a hotel. Very comfortable stay and had a good night sleep. I’ve heard that the hotel did some renovation work but I think they didn’t do a great job because it still feels outdated especially inside the rooms. The restaurant/bar closes by 11pm which I found very odd for a hotel right next to the airport and expecting guests late at night who need to eat something or have a drink. I reached the hotel around 10:45 and out of courtesy the bar tender agreed to accept a meal order.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m glad you found our staff welcoming, your accommodations comfortable and enjoyed a good night’s sleep. Yes, we are just finishing up renovations and we consistently update areas of our property every year to ensure we exceed Hilton standards and provide our guests with a great value for their stay. I’m sorry we did not do a better job of communicating late night food and beverage options to you which are available after our restaurant closes but very pleased that we were able to accommodate you with a meal. Your feedback is very valuable to us and I thank you again for taking the time to provide it. I hope we have the opportunity of having you as our guest again in the near future and I thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!