“Hospitality PLUS !”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for three long weeks after Isaac. Staff could not be more helpful or friendly. Room was spacious and comfortable with small fridge and microwave. Across from the airport (literally), yet surprisingly quiet. My only complaint was the outrageous cost in the business center for computer access, and that is not determined by the hotel from what I was told. Whatever company owns that should be replaced by someone that meets Hilton standards of service. Otherwise, a very pleasant experience in a stressful time. Thank you Hilton !

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad you found our staff helpful and friendly and your room spacious, comfortable and quiet. I am disappointed though that you did not enjoy the services of our Business Center. We do try to keep the cost associated with using the services in the Business Center as low as possible but I am very sorry that you found this cost to be higher than expected. It is most important to us that your expectations are exceeded every time you stay with us and I will share your comments with our staff. I truly appreciate your taking the time to give your feedback and I hope we get to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton New Orleans Airport

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We booked at Hilton.com and got a rate of $109 for a Saturday night stay. Called for the shuttle, was told it would arrive in ten minutes, it arrived in exactly ten minutes. Front desk efficient and very pleasant. Room was just great; king bed, nice sized bathroom, all clean and welcoming. Also, got the non-smoking we requested. Restaurant food (gumbo/red beans & rice) was delicious; service from very, very nice waitress was unimaginably slow with not many people in the place. Starbucks tasted good in the a.m.; easily got a taxi.

One problem management has to address: when trying to call the front desk from the airport; once trying to call bell desk; once trying to call the restaurant; once trying to call front desk from room, no one answered the phone on my first or even second tries. I got a response from the front desk eventually, but have to tell you that this hotel is pretty nice, and management should work to have someone answering those phones to make it a really great place.

Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am very pleased to read that you found your accommodations and shuttle experience comfortable and efficient. Also I am glad you tried our delicious red beans and rice and gumbo but disappointed that you received slow service. I will share your experience with our Food and Beverage Management team to discuss ways to improve our service in this area. Additionally, I would like to sincerely apologize for your phone experience. You are absolutely correct to expect your call to be answered promptly and I have just added additional PBX personnel to ensure that this does not repeat itself. I know it does not erase your experience but I hope that it conveys how seriously we take our guest feedback. You certainly do us an invaluable service by providing this feedback. I hope we get to see you again on your next visit to our wonderful city and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Hilton New Orleans Airpot Hotel is the perfect location if you're going to be flying out of N.O. airport. It's clean, the rooms are large, the water is hot, soap, shampoo, conditioner's are nice, the beds are okay. The only down side is the food. It's very bland & not very good at all. Totally not what I would expect from a New Orlean's Hotel. If the food were better, it would definitely rate at least a very good rating, in my opinion. Over all though, I would still recommend it, just go eat some where else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your accommodations but sad to hear of your disappointment with your dining experience. We certainly want you to have a delicious meal while you stay with us and I would like to encourage you to let us know while you are with us on property, if there is anything we can improve upon. We look forward to the opportunity to make every detail regarding your stay just as you should expect it to be. You should only expect the best from the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel and we would not want it any other way. I will share your comments with our team and I thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in the "happening" area for less and higher quality hotel. After waiting 20 mins for the airport shuttle, I called the hotel to inquire...... After 4 tries someone answered the phone. This was my first indication for what to expect at the property. The hotel is DIRECTLY across the street from the airport. If there were no fence, you could walk.

When I checked in, my FIRST room on the non-smoking floor smelled like an ashtray. I went Tighe desk an they rectified and put me in a better room which had no issues.

Dinner: I ordered a turkey burger and fries at the restaurant. The burger was chewy and not too good, so I only ate a
Few bites. Server was very nice and accommodating.

Overall, not a bad stay for a quick trip and near the airport. Hilton properties need a facelift!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your disappoint with your stay. We advise our guests that our shuttle may take up to 20 minutes and I am sorry if you waited longer than that. Also, it is strictly against our policy to smoke in a non-smoking guest room and I am glad we were able to accommodate you quickly in another room. I was surprised to read that you did not enjoy your entree from our restaurant. The turkey burger is one of our highest selling menu items and a favorite of many repeat guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and I encourage you to let us know while staying with us if there anything we can improve upon. We welcome any opportunity to make it right. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay and I hope we get the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for work after Issac, they restored power the day I checked in so I got lucky. Hotel was completely full, service was accomidating at the front desk. Actually checked out early which they charge a fee for which is weak but it was waived.
2nd line sports bar had friendly people but extremely slow service, best bet is to sit at the bar.
Rooms are quiet and good size. Shower psi is very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m so glad to hear the power was restored on the day of your arrival. We were glad to get hotel operations back to normal as quickly as possible to accommodate our guests. I’m happy to read that you found our Front Desk staff accommodating and our 2nd Line Sports Bar staff friendly and our rooms quiet and a good size but disappointed that the service in our 2nd Line Sports Bar was slow. I will share your comments with our team so that they always know how we impact our guests. We certainly want you to have the most enjoyable experience possible when staying with us. Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean. The location is directly across the street from the airport. It is close to the Highway to go into New Orleans. The hotel ia close to the highway for easy access. Theri are 2 restuarants and a coffee/convenience shop all in the lobby. The shuttle is kind of slow for a pick up midday. Call the hotel for pick up and faster service.

Room Tip: standard rooms do not have refrigerator or microwave
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m so glad you found our hotel conveniently located and I hope you were able to experience one of our delicious dining choices from one of our restaurants conveniently located in the lobby area as you mentioned. I’m sorry that the shuttle seemed a bit slow. It is dispatched on demand and may take up to twenty minutes depending on airport traffic. Overall though it seems that you had an enjoyable stay while with us and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback and thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel numerous times over the years and haven't had a bad experience yet. Recently stayed and room was clean and well appointed. Dined at the Second Line Sports Bar, which served a great sandwich with a very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I always request a room away from elevators facing the airport. Planes have never been an issue here...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a loyal Hilton guest. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant, The 2nd Line and that you found your guest room accommodations clean and well-appointed. I look forward to knowing you will stay with us again and thank you so much for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenner
Radisson Hotel New Orleans Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport
Best Western Plus New Orleans Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton New Orleans Airport? Share your experiences!