“great location for flying”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Lafayette, Louisiana
“great location for flying”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The Hilton New Orleans Airpot Hotel is the perfect location if you're going to be flying out of N.O. airport. It's clean, the rooms are large, the water is hot, soap, shampoo, conditioner's are nice, the beds are okay. The only down side is the food. It's very bland & not very good at all. Totally not what I would expect from a New Orlean's Hotel. If the food were better, it would definitely rate at least a very good rating, in my opinion. Over all though, I would still recommend it, just go eat some where else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your accommodations but sad to hear of your disappointment with your dining experience. We certainly want you to have a delicious meal while you stay with us and I would like to encourage you to let us know while you are with us on property, if there is anything we can improve upon. We look forward to the opportunity to make every detail regarding your stay just as you should expect it to be. You should only expect the best from the Hilton New Orleans Airport Hotel and we would not want it any other way. I will share your comments with our team and I thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in the "happening" area for less and higher quality hotel. After waiting 20 mins for the airport shuttle, I called the hotel to inquire...... After 4 tries someone answered the phone. This was my first indication for what to expect at the property. The hotel is DIRECTLY across the street from the airport. If there were no fence, you could walk.

When I checked in, my FIRST room on the non-smoking floor smelled like an ashtray. I went Tighe desk an they rectified and put me in a better room which had no issues.

Dinner: I ordered a turkey burger and fries at the restaurant. The burger was chewy and not too good, so I only ate a
Few bites. Server was very nice and accommodating.

Overall, not a bad stay for a quick trip and near the airport. Hilton properties need a facelift!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear of your disappoint with your stay. We advise our guests that our shuttle may take up to 20 minutes and I am sorry if you waited longer than that. Also, it is strictly against our policy to smoke in a non-smoking guest room and I am glad we were able to accommodate you quickly in another room. I was surprised to read that you did not enjoy your entree from our restaurant. The turkey burger is one of our highest selling menu items and a favorite of many repeat guests. I will be sure to share your comments with our team and I encourage you to let us know while staying with us if there anything we can improve upon. We welcome any opportunity to make it right. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay and I hope we get the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for work after Issac, they restored power the day I checked in so I got lucky. Hotel was completely full, service was accomidating at the front desk. Actually checked out early which they charge a fee for which is weak but it was waived.
2nd line sports bar had friendly people but extremely slow service, best bet is to sit at the bar.
Rooms are quiet and good size. Shower psi is very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I’m so glad to hear the power was restored on the day of your arrival. We were glad to get hotel operations back to normal as quickly as possible to accommodate our guests. I’m happy to read that you found our Front Desk staff accommodating and our 2nd Line Sports Bar staff friendly and our rooms quiet and a good size but disappointed that the service in our 2nd Line Sports Bar was slow. I will share your comments with our team so that they always know how we impact our guests. We certainly want you to have the most enjoyable experience possible when staying with us. Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is very nice and clean. The location is directly across the street from the airport. It is close to the Highway to go into New Orleans. The hotel ia close to the highway for easy access. Theri are 2 restuarants and a coffee/convenience shop all in the lobby. The shuttle is kind of slow for a pick up midday. Call the hotel for pick up and faster service.

Room Tip: standard rooms do not have refrigerator or microwave
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m so glad you found our hotel conveniently located and I hope you were able to experience one of our delicious dining choices from one of our restaurants conveniently located in the lobby area as you mentioned. I’m sorry that the shuttle seemed a bit slow. It is dispatched on demand and may take up to twenty minutes depending on airport traffic. Overall though it seems that you had an enjoyable stay while with us and I look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback and thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport.
South
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel numerous times over the years and haven't had a bad experience yet. Recently stayed and room was clean and well appointed. Dined at the Second Line Sports Bar, which served a great sandwich with a very friendly staff.

Room Tip: I always request a room away from elevators facing the airport. Planes have never been an issue here...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a loyal Hilton guest. I’m glad you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant, The 2nd Line and that you found your guest room accommodations clean and well-appointed. I look forward to knowing you will stay with us again and thank you so much for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Airport.
New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The Hotel is so close to the hotel no sooner you are on the courtesy bus you are there.
The hotel is very well appointed with a bar restaurant.

The rooms are so very comfortable and quiet and as usual the Hilton Group have the greatest bedding, make sure you get a wake up call if you have to be somewhere. Unlike me snoozed in and caught all the traffic.

The Hotel also boasts a long term airport parking even if you are not staying there, you can park and the courtesy bus will take you and pick you up from the airport, Cost $45 per week.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I’m so glad to hear how comfortable and quiet your stay was and that you found our parking arrangements convenient. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and I hope we get to see you again soon.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed many times at this hotel for business. Always had a good stay, until this time. Rooms are clean and hotel is across the street from the airport which is great. I had a room on the second floor, down the hall from the smoking rooms while have a glass door seperating the sections. No matter, the room smelled of smoke and really was not up to the Hilton par. Asked to move but was told hotel was full. After three days moved out. Needed to wash my clothes to get the smell off them.

Room Tip: Stay away from the smoking section.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and thank you for being a frequent guest at our property. I am glad to hear that you have always enjoyed your stays with us and that you find our rooms clean and our location convenient, but I am sorry that you experienced an issue with your most recent stay. We have received many compliments on our renovation of separating our smoking rooms from our non-smoking rooms on our 2nd floor so I am so disappointed to hear that our efforts did not improve your stay. I am also very sorry that we were unable to accommodate moving you to another area of the hotel. I would like to ask if you are a member of our HHonors program. If so, we can update your HHonor’s profile to reflect specific floor and/or room location requests. We use this information when pre-assigning rooms for our HHonor’s guests. If you contact us with this information, we would be more than happy to update our records. We certainly want you to experience the most enjoyable stay while you are with us and you should expect nothing less. Again, please accept my sincerest apologies for your experience and I hope we will have the honor of receiving your next reservation in the very near future.