“Great free shuttle service to airport and cheap long term parking”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We bid on priceline for a four star hotel near airport and got this property for $65.00. I actually had a great experience here. The rooms are nice and well appointed. Beds are comfy. Front desk personnel were very nice and informative. The 24 hour shuttle to airport and back was a great bonus. Plus they have a long term parking lot there that is much cheaper than parking at the airport lot. They also have a Denny's about a hundred feet away that was great since my flight came in around midnight. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear how much value you felt in your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon the next time your travels bring you to our wonderful city.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Property condition looks a little dated e.g. stained carpets although the room itself is pretty clean. Then suddenly I spotted a cockroach crawling up the wall by the desk. I called the front desk and they sent maintenance whom managed to catch it. Nevertheless, I really don't like cockroaches at all and went down to front desk to ask for a room switch. Unfortunately, only smoking rooms left. Guess I am crossing my fingers that there is no second one crawling around in the room. I have stayed in many hotels before but first one with a cockroach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I'm glad you found your room clean but I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with room condition and the insect issue you mentioned. We go to great lengths to ensure our property is free of insects so I was surprised to hear of your experience but I'm glad it was addressed quickly. We also do property upgrades and renovation projects yearly and are currently in the process of addressing any carpet issues in our guest rooms. Other than your guest room carpet issue, I'm not sure what else in particular you feel could be improved, but I welcome you to contact us directly if you feel inclined to do so. Your feedback in this area would be greatly appreciated and taken into consideration in regards to on-going and future projects. Our goal is to exceed your every expectation when staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to help us in doing a better job. We know you have a choice as to where you stay and we are thankful that you choose the Hilton brand. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

It's very convenient to the Airport, but traffic to the New Orleans Business District is terrible. It has everything that you would expect a Hilton to have, friendly faces, helpful staff, good food. I wasn't disappointed with anything.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage stay close to an elevator. The hotel has an odd layout and it could be...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Yes, depending on the time of day you venture into the Central Business District of New Orleans and considering the current on-going construction improvements to our I-10 system, you may encounter delays. I hope all of these improvements the city is working on to make vehicle travel more convenient and efficient will be wrapped up by your next visit to the City of New Orleans. Thanks again and I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I specifically booked a non-smoking room for this hotel through Expedia's website. When I arrived I was told that the hotel only had smoking rooms available, so they reserved me a smoking room. Due to my asthmatic reaction to cigarette smoke it was impossible for me to stay in this room. I explained my situation to the lady at the front desk but I was pretty much ignored and told to take it up with Expedia. I asked her if it was possible to check the other Hilton hotels in the area for a non-smoking room and she told me, very rudely, that it wasn't her fault and that I could call them myself. Once again I tried to comprise by asking if I could pay the difference and reserve a non-smoking suite for the night, and again I was meet with hostility as she explained that the entire hotel was booked and there was nothing she could do. After speaking with an Expedia representative I was told by them that the hotel made a mistake but there is nothing that could be done. Furthermore, the Expedia representative told me that the woman she spoke to at the Hilton "sounded scary." My wife and I spent the rest of our night trying to find a room and ended up at a less than desirable hotel. I will never again stay at this hotel. There is a really nice Double Tree not far from this hotel, I suggest staying there.

Room Tip: Make sure to confirm a smoking or non-smoking room even if you use a travel website that guarantees...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate you in the room type you preferred and that we gave the impression of communicating this to you in a less than cordial manner. When you book your accommodations via external websites, unfortunately your room type is not guaranteed. Of course, if we have the room type you want available, we are always more than happy to extend it to you regardless of whether you booked smoking or non-smoking. With the condition you mentioned, I especially advise booking with hotels directly to ensure you receive a non-smoking room. Please explore Hilton.com for rates as low or lower than Expedia for the same room on the same dates. Hilton guarantees it and your room type is always guaranteed. We are also in the process of reducing the number of smoking rooms for our property. I would also like to add that in case you did not, please let a member of our management team know while you’re with us, if everything is not up to your satisfaction. We welcome the opportunity to address any issue you may have while you’re with us because we want you to have your expectations exceeded as much as you do. Again, I apologize for your experience and I will share your feedback with our team members so that they know how we impact our guests. We would love the opportunity to regain your trust should you require accommodations in the future while visiting our wonderful city.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Booked a room thru priceline for one night due to late arrival at the airport. I called the number for the shuttle while we were waiting for our luggage. I was told that they couldn't send a shuttle until we were outside waiting with our luggage. I understand that they don't want the shuttles waiting a long time but it seemed kind of ridiculous that I was told I would have to call back at that point. So five minutes later when we had our luggage and I spoke to the same person at the hotel again - I was told that the shuttle should be there in about 20 minutes - what? If it was going to take that long why couldn't she have sent one on the first call. Then to make matters worse after we had waited there a while my husband noticed a hilton shuttle across the parking lot. We went up and talked to the driver and found out he was from our hotel but no one had called him and told him anyone needed a pickup. He was just there early waiting on a flight crew. He seemed very surprised that he had not been called - if we hadn't found him I have no idea when we might have gotten a ride. I do have to say that he was extremly nice and gave us a lot of good pointers about the city.

Then we get to the front desk and are told that they only have smoking rooms available. My husband can't stand being around cigarette smoke but it wouldn't have irritated me quite as much if I didn't remember that this seems to be a common complaint on here about this hotel. It almost seems like this is done on purpose to those who do not book a room thru them directly. For a hotel of this size it's hard to imagine that they are so booked up that getting a non-smoking room is that difficult. If it truly is then maybe they need to increase the number of non-smoking rooms - obviously they are much more in demand!

For a smoking room luckily I think it has probably has had more non-smokers in it then smokers and although it had an odor to it - it was tolerable for one night.

The next morning we stopped at the front desk to check about a taxi for a ride into the french quarter. We were told that she would call someone for us and to wait on these couches. A man then came up and asked us if we were the ones that wanted the taxi and we said yes and he said ok and went outside. We assumed that he was going to notify us when the taxi was there. After waiting quite a while we walked outside and the man didn't seem to be anywhere out there. So we just stood and waited hoping a taxi would show up. Finally a little while later the man showed back up driving one of the shuttle vans. He seemed surprised that we were still there and asked if we were still waiting on the taxi and we said yes. He then left in the van again but he must have called again cause a few minutes later a taxi arrived. I'm guessing one probably came while we were waiting inside and we didn't realize it. The communication was terrible I just assumed there was a doorman outside since we had been told to wait inside.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. When calling for a shuttle pickup from the Airport Transportation Center, we advise our guests that it may be up to a twenty minute wait due to an on-going construction project at the airport. Usually though, the wait time is less than ten minutes and I’m sorry that your shuttle pickup took longer than this. I will share your experience regarding communication with my team so that we can discuss better ways to improve communication for our guests.
It is true that unless you book directly with a hotel, your room type is based on availability. I’m sorry that we were unable to honor your requested room type and I invite you to explore Hilton.com when booking future stays. You will always find a low rate and you will guarantee your room type, all in the convenience of booking online. Also, you may have read that we are in the process of renovating and reconfiguring our smoking rooms. We are excited to be reducing the number of smoking rooms and installing a state of the art ventilation system that will ensure the freshest air quality.
I sincerely hope the next time you visit our wonderful city that you will give us another opportunity to show you the true Hilton experience that you know to expect. Thank you again for taking the time to give your feedback and thank you for choosing Hilton.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We requested a King-size, no-smoking room for our 3rd anniversary trip. We arrived on Saturday evening, and as we checked in, we were told that we were put in a smoking room. My husband at first thought it was a joke, as this has never before happened to us, but unfortunately it was not. We were told quite rudely by the front desk attendant, Betty --, that since we booked our hotel on Expedia, Hilton does not see the requests, and if they are out of a certain type of room, the customer gets put in whatever they have left. We were shocked and called Expedia, and they said they could do nothing for us. Finally they agreed to give us a $50 voucher, but that was all they could do. Apparently Expedia has no way of changing it to where the hotel options are official!?! I have never before heard of such thing, but we will not be chancing it again on an expensive hotel room!!

Needless to say, this started out our weekend on a terrible foot, so when we finally got up to our stinky room, we were aghast to find 2 full sized beds, and no king-sized. When we went back down to complain, the other woman at the front desk apologized and gave us a voucher for their continental breakfast, for the trouble we had had, a meager appeasement for a feature that is offered complimentary at MANY less expensive hotels...

On our way up to our correct room, I was disgusted to find a dead cockroach laying in the middle of the hallway... This was still there the next morning when we left... Our bedroom was decent, although there was a considerable lack of attention to detail throughout the room. Strange placement of furniture, water marks on the pictures, a broken shower fixture, mismatched shower hooks, no hair dryer, curtains that didn't close all the way to block out the light...

We will NOT be staying at another Hilton after this experience. My only positive observation on our time here was that the Continental breakfast selection included croissants, freshly baked muffins of delicious variety, homemade granola, and table service by the most delightful servers.

1  Thank JonasandDelice

Thank you for your feedback. Aside from your breakfast experience, I’m sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes, when you book a hotel accommodation via Expedia unfortunately your room type is not guaranteed. Your Expedia reservation will have the room type you prefer though, and we are more than happy to honor your requested room type based on availability. Might I suggest in future you book your reservations with Hilton.com? You are guaranteed a rate at least as low as what is advertised on Expedia for the same room and your room type will be guaranteed because you are booking with the hotel directly. I’m glad to see our front desk staff accommodated you with complimentary breakfast and I will share with my team, your comments regarding the service issues you encountered. I hope you will continue to use Hilton in the future and again, I thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel during my business trip in New Orleans. Convenient place to stay, clean rooms, excellent breakfast, friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and everything our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you again soon for a return visit.