“CONFIRMED non-smoking rooms are NOT guaranteed at all!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton New Orleans Airport

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Tampa, FL
“CONFIRMED non-smoking rooms are NOT guaranteed at all!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I reserved a room through Hilton directly. My confirmation receipt says 1 Room: 1 Adult Non-Smoking Confirmed. On the preference side, the non-smoking comment is repeated. I arrived at the hotel and they did not have a non-smoking room. When I pointed out my confirmation, I was given a dead pan stare from a woman who, when asking another woman at the desk, got shrugged shoulders. I did check out the room and it was FOUL smelling. I stayed elsewhere and deadpan woman said the manager would call me the next day. He never did. Nor did he respond to two more messages. I am not in the process of contacting the manager through the corporate office. I can't believe this from a Hilton!
I can understand if it was a 'preference' only, or if I'm staying at a road-side $40/night place, but Hilton should be better than this.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ava L
Mike W, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I would like to extend an apology for not being able to honor your preferred room type and for our failure in communication. We strive to do everything we can to ensure that your accommodations are the most comfortable and I’m sorry we were not able to provide that for you. Our goal is always to give the highest level of service to every guest, each and every day. Please be assured that your experience is not an indication of the consistent level of service for which we are known. I sincerely hope you accept my apology and will afford us an opportunity in the future, to earn your trust. Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
richland, wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I previously reviewed this hotel and gave it a less than stellar rating. Since that time Michael Walker, general manager of this property, contacted me by email as well as phone. it is clear that the management of this hotel takes very seriously the comfort, service and quality offered to guests. Though my original review still stands, Mr. Walker offered do what is necessary to provide an outstanding and quality experience should we return to New Orleans and his hotel. For that I believe Mr. Walker should be commended. As consumers we hope and expect that customer service is always a priority. Mr. Walker has done that and my husband and I appreciate his efforts on our behalf.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank davekathy
MikeWalker1, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you for updating your review and thank you for speaking with me personally regarding your stay. As you gathered from our conversation, we are deeply committed to ensuring that guest’s expectations are met and exceeded. I look forward to your return and the next opportunity to be of service
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel is very nice and clean. They have staff that welcome you with a smile. The food is great w awesome servers. The housekeepers are very good at their job. On our vacation as a family we had a blast. I recommend that is ever stopping in for just a night or wanted a place too stay for a nice and relaxing vacation this hotel is the place. I give them a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms that were always clean and very nice
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

We checked into the hotel the day before our flight to Alaska and picked up our car when we returned. Our travel agent arranged for our car to remain parked there. The hotel shuttle is available on request. Both drivers were absolutely fantastic delivering us at 5:30 am and picking us up at 10:30 pm and handling our bags each time. We had a chance to see the New Orleans Saints team in the lobby.... all very nice. I will definitely return for the clean quiet room, comfortable bed as well as convenience and personal attention of the staff.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
LOUISIANA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My children and I stayed here for a jurisdictional church conference/vacation. The staff in all parts of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The restaurants in the hotel were nice and the food was delicious. The stay was very enjoyable and the hotel fit all of my needs except for not providing free wi-fi.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this establishment for our honeymoon over a year ago. When we started planning our family vacation for the summer, the first place we thought about was New Orleans and this hotel. The recreation areas are always clean and accessible. The staff are always friendly and wearing a smile. They are willing to answer any question you may have and if the individual does not know the answer, they will find out for you. The in house dinning facilities are always drawing you in with the wonderful aroamas that drift from them continuously. The rooms are very reasonably priced, and the comfort level they provide is just amazing. The beds are like sleeping on almost nothing. I suffer from chronic lower back pain, but after a night or two in one of those beds and i am pain free. The rooms are spacious and set up to allow maximum movement. We are already planning our next vacation, this hotel is definitely at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Book early and only get the size of room that you need. If you have any special needs, let the staff...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I enjoyed every moment. From the time I checked in at the front desk. The welcome of the desk clerk, to the overall feeling I received from the employees, etc., was so pleasent. Very friendly and warm. Smiles to go round. I would recommend to all friends and family.

Room Tip: Know what you are seeking to accomodate your stay period.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family