“Nice Hotel”

Hilton New Orleans Airport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My children and I stayed here for a jurisdictional church conference/vacation. The staff in all parts of the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The restaurants in the hotel were nice and the food was delicious. The stay was very enjoyable and the hotel fit all of my needs except for not providing free wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this establishment for our honeymoon over a year ago. When we started planning our family vacation for the summer, the first place we thought about was New Orleans and this hotel. The recreation areas are always clean and accessible. The staff are always friendly and wearing a smile. They are willing to answer any question you may have and if the individual does not know the answer, they will find out for you. The in house dinning facilities are always drawing you in with the wonderful aroamas that drift from them continuously. The rooms are very reasonably priced, and the comfort level they provide is just amazing. The beds are like sleeping on almost nothing. I suffer from chronic lower back pain, but after a night or two in one of those beds and i am pain free. The rooms are spacious and set up to allow maximum movement. We are already planning our next vacation, this hotel is definitely at the top of the list.

Room Tip: Book early and only get the size of room that you need. If you have any special needs, let the staff...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I enjoyed every moment. From the time I checked in at the front desk. The welcome of the desk clerk, to the overall feeling I received from the employees, etc., was so pleasent. Very friendly and warm. Smiles to go round. I would recommend to all friends and family.

Room Tip: Know what you are seeking to accomodate your stay period.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I wasn't impressed. They need to upgrade but if you want an average room, this is it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This is a nice, convenient hotel due to its vicinity to the airport. It has good, basic facilities and attentive and friendly staff.
The price involves a lot of "paying for the name" of Hilton, as I have stayed in many hotels that have been a lot cheaper and have had similar rooms/facilities but with additional inclusions. Wifi is not included, I believe it is $13, which is quite steep considering most hotels now provide it complimentary.
Overall, this is a good stopover hotel but I wouldn't recommend staying here for long periods of time, nor would I have overly high expectations due to the "Hilton" tag.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2011

That's right, bed bugs. Nasty biting blood suckers. We had never before been exposed
to the little varments, so initially weren't certain. Our stay was short (3 nights), but by our final morning we knew, bites around the ankles at first but by night three both my spouse and I were itching like mad nearly everywhere. Unfortunately, we checked out at 6 in the morning and I thought I'd call when I got home, ten hours of flying later I made the call. The desk answered, I said I was calling to report a bedbug problem, was put on hold for 10 minutes, then hung up on!
I wanted to give the hotel the room information but clearly they're not terribly interested. So now I even get to pay for ten minutes of long distance charges without cause. I should mention I also went online to the Hilton hotel site and emailed the information via guest services - no response there either.
Add to the bedbugs that you have to pay for WiFi and the coffee shop closes way to early to be useful and I'd not choose this hotel in future. BedBugs can be treated afterall, but hiking valuables to the front desk to put in a safe deposit box is a dated procedure that most hotels of this supposed calibre have addressed by adding in room safes.

Room Tip: check for bed bugs in the seems of the matress
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank HeatSeekingTraveller
MikeWalker1, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Thank you for your feedback. I want to assure you that our trained staff maintains a vigorous internal inspection program, to combat these pests. No doubt you are aware of the national concern with bed bugs and I can tell you that Hilton is on the front line of prevention. I appreciate your extra effort to notify us of the issue and apologize that your call was not handled appropriately. Also, I have not received a notice from our Guest Assistance department. If you are willing, would you please initiate another Guest Assistance file? This will not only allow me to isolate the room, but it will also provide me an opportunity to contact you directly and offer my personalized apology. Thank you again for your most valued feedback.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Booked this room last minute on expedia. Was hoping that it would be a nice hotel considering the proximity to the airport. The staff was exceptional and our rooms were very clean. They accomodated our every request and helped with directions to places that we had wanted to visit. The planes caused no problems as far as noise and they have a wonderful sports bar and courtyard area. Easy access in and out and is very close to all attractions. If I can get the same price, I will most definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family