“A small but great bakery store”
Review of Chez Pierre Bakery

Chez Pierre Bakery
Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Kenner
Cuisines: French
San Diego, California
“A small but great bakery store”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Tucked in a small strip mall along Veterans Boulevard near Home Depot, this place will surprise you with great pastries, pies, custards and cakes. I have had their baked goods numerous times, and they have always come across great. During the Christmas Season, order their Logs for yourself and family/friends. It will be a great treat that they will talk about for many months or years.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank EnjoysTravelling_007

“Good desserts”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Really good cake made with fresh fruit. In the area right in the middle of Kenner. Very good location.

San Diego, California
“I think I'm in love with this place”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This charming bakery had its share of delicious temptations. Everything from king's cake, to rumballs, to croissants, to various cakes was here. It all looked so good-I could have bought everything. Service is friendly, and the food delicious.

Visited February 2012
New Jersey
“Delicious comp coffee!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed at doubletree and walked over to pick up some chocolate croissants for breakfast. They provided complimentary coffee and it was delicious! Nice, cheap breakfast.

Visited January 2012
reaux2
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“C'est Magnifique!”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

First, I don't usually write reviews. BUT....

In my opinion, this is the best bakery in our state. Their croissants are amazing. Light, soft, buttery, but not limp or soggy. The best ones come filled with ham and cheese. (How burger king gets away with calling those things they serve croissants is a beyond me!! We have strict rules for what we can call label champagne and chocolate.....I think it's time to apply labeling rules to croissants! LOL!) I've never had a napoleon like theirs. The crust is so flaky and the filling is incredible flavorful. (Warning, it is SWEET! :D) And their quiche and their sugared croissant braid are both just awesome. (Try the sugared braid...seriously delicious!) Smoothe, subtle, yet full of flavor and they both just melt in your mouth. We don't even go to cafe du monde anymore when we are in town. But we NEVER miss an oppertunity to go to Chez Pierre when we are there. (And anyone in the family who goes has to bring napoleons back for those who didn't get to go. It's an unwritten rule in my husband's family.)

I put little or no wait in my review, but there will most likely be a small line in front of you. But it's OK....because there's so much to choose from that it'll take you a little while before you are ready to order.

Give Chez Pierre a try. Not only will you not be disappointed....but your mouth will thank you. ;-D

1 Thank kangareaux