“Better than the reviews suggest” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Better than the reviews suggest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Myself and a friend from the UK stayed here for one night and were a little concerned about other review's however thought we would make up our own mind.

The rooms were clean / good value for money and Paul - the manager was outstanding and couldn't do enough to help.

I travel regularly in the US and this hotel is absolutely fine.

Definitely recommend for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kenneth m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

After traveling from Myrtle Beach, SC we arrived at a tired looking building. Check in was fast and easy. We we got to our room it was a fair size but it was apparent that the carpets were very dirty, the furniture was old and dirty and we tried not to think of what the comforter on the bed may have. Bathroom was clean. We went down to the pool and really noticed that the hotel is being let go, perhaps it is the managers. There must have been a sale on the paint as the whole courtyard including railings on the above floors were all the same color. Maintenance in the pool area and courtyard was nearly none existent. I f you have an alternate destination I would suggest you take it. For a one night stay for the airport in the morning , I think it would suffice?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Plantation, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was hesitant to book this hotel based on some of the reviews, but everything else was sold out or really expensive for just one night. I booked it through the Choice toll-free number and when I voiced my concerns the represenative said "Choice Hotels does not have any bad hotels in it's chain" so I gave him green light! Well it was a really bad experience and one that I regret. Even for the amount of money paid it was not a good value, I have stayed at real dives in the past, but this one is takes the cake! The posting about the roaches is true. That's the first thing I saw, giant roaches dead on the way into the front desk, and also some by the room doors and on the "path" to my room. The room smelled of stale liquor and smole, it had really old bedding, torn carpet, dirt, dust all over! Housekepping is abviously not a concern here. The area is close to the airport, and across from a nice mall with Macy's and such, however, the crowd that was in the lobby and hagging out by pool looked more like drug dealers, junkies and prostitutes! The breakfast was a joke.....the place was filthy - no fruit, milk was gone, no napkins, no forks, cereal spilled all over, no syrup for the waffles (one waffle maker for 6 people waiting in line) we bolted and will never go back!

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost!
1 Thank lee9
Aberdeen, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

This particular Econo Lodge was the worst Choice Hotel facility we have ever stayed over the relatively long duration of time we have focused on the Choice Hotel network. Perhaps foremost was the total lack of competent management for hours at a time. For example, the business center (sic!) was one computer with the printer behind the check-in desk. However, the most frustrating aspect for "travelers" was that although the Business Center stated in plain view a 15-minute limitation when others wanted access (to do no more than a 1-minute plane check-in/boarding pass function), the management stood by for a 3-hour period "condoning" the disrespectful behavior of one single individual that "owned" the computer in plain view of the management and/or motel employees. Other notable shortfalls included: a smoke-filler non-smoking room, a questionable relationship with the local cab service (that did not publish their rates as the vast majority of NOLA cab companies do, and the extraordinary pictures of the motel in their .pdf brochure that were nothing like the reality of this horrific motel! Just me! Bottom line: These Folks Really Stink It Up Bigtime

1 Thank OlyBaldEagle
Bar Harbor, Maine, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

The Econo Lodge in Kenner is very close to the airport so it is convenient, and I've had pretty good luck with this line so I don't know what happened with this one. The bathroom sink had men's beard stubble in the sink - either the sink had not been cleaned at all, or the sink had backed up and this stubble floated back in. Either way, I couldn't even brush my teeth in that sink. Plus there was long black hairs on the bathroom floor, hair on the toilet, and the same long hair on the towels. The bed side table had rings on it - might have been stains/permanent but who knows. The grounds were very nice and the pool looked clean, but once you see a dirty sink, that pretty well "sinks" the place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pineville, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

After checking with several hotels on the price, we decide to spent the night here. I have stay at this hotel years ago and at that time we stay on the ground floor. This time, we have to take a room on the 2nd Floor. We heard a lots of noise outside until late in the evening. Also, we have to kill a cockroach before we went to bed. I suppose for the price, it may be good for one night.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Coming to this hotel I was expecting it to be complete crap from reading all the reviews. It was OK to lay our heads there for a couple of days and the price was OK considering everything was way expensive around the time we were traveling. The pool was in the center of the hotel you could just walk out your door and see the kids playing in the pool which I liked. There is no jacuzzi it has a bunch of rocks filled in it. The staff was nice but I was upset that I couldn't get my AAA discount since no one knew how to put it in except the manager and he was never there. They have 3 levels, we stayed on the 2nd and the floors are not leveled at all!!! My aunt cant walk without a cane and every time she walked her cane was either slightly up and she was down or vice versa. Theres a drop down going into the elevator so if you have a ton of stuff and put it on the luggage handler, you have to push it down into the elevator and push up going out.The Continental Breakfast was OK but the waffles were horrible!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family