“I'm not one to write reviews...but this...”
Review of Ristorante da Piero - CLOSED

Ristorante da Piero
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I'm not one to write reviews...but this place IS excellent. Worth a visit.

2  Thank dlusty
There are newer reviews for Ristorante da Piero

Reviewed July 25, 2009

Found this gem while spending the night at the airport Hilton. We looked for a place for dinner nearby and this one showed up on my search.
Our entire party agreed that it was the best meal we had had in years! We decided it would be well worth the extra drive to dine here anytime we are in NOLA, even downtown.
The slower pace reminds us of our times in Europe, where dining is an experience and this definitely is an experience. The carpaccio was fabulous as were the pastas. Handmade pastas that melt in your mouth. We truly can't wait for a return trip to dine again.

2  Thank MEGDAVE
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I've been going here since it was in the original location in ponchatula.

Just always and great experience. Food is fresh, exceptionally well prepared, and plated well.

Service and people are just so great.

I agree with the previous poster who said to ask for a wine suggestion. He introduces me to wines that are always so good.

Location is quiet & safe. While not required- reservations are a good idea.

1  Thank mrsoul
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Stumbled upon this place from the airport on business and boy am I glad I did! Excellent service, waiter knew the menu from front to back. Food was excellent paired with an excellent merlot recommended by the waiter.

I do alot of business in New Orleans and will certainly be back!

Reviewed November 21, 2007

It really is the best of the best:

1. Food, none better, Italian or otherwise. The ingredients are the finest available, only. Paolo is a first class of chef.

2. Service, Giacomo knows what he is doing with quiet, intelligent, attention to detail. He knows how to choose a wine according your desires or direction.

3. Dining Room: like no other. Unique, decorated tastefully and clean, clean, clean. The cleanest restrooms you have ever seen in a restaurant.

3.Lagniappe: This is a family operated affair. A real Italian family who work together and take great pride in their restaurant. No other like it in New Orleans

Lots of Parking, plenty of seating and space for a large group.
Never rushed, but not slow, can pace your meal however you wish. Visiting with the family members while dining is always a joy and will come away with somethings you didn't know before.

2  Thank newhorleans