“Delicious Seafood!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I'll just start by saying, we went three times in three days. We were doing a lot of work and staying at a hotel nearby, so this was convenient. I heard a flight attendant on my hotel shuttle mention how good it was, so we decided to try it. It's not fancy. It reminds me of a diner, but instead of diner food, they serve seafood--any way you want it--grilled, fried, steamed. The oysters were the biggest ones I've ever seen, and the shrimp were huge as well. The first night, I had the fried eggplant pirogue. It was served with a delicious Cajun sauce on top. So good, I almost ordered another one. My friend ordered the grilled Mahi Mahi. Also delicious. We were so impressed, we ordered the fried crawfish for dessert. I will say, we are normally not huge eaters. We're both fitness instructors, but hey. This was a working vacay, and neither one of us eat a lot of fried food. But why not? Oh my gosh. They were to die for. The Saints game was on, and the place was hopping with locals. They also have big screen TV's, so it's a great place to watch a game. They don't skimp on the alcohol either. The second night, I had a bowl of the crawfish etouffee. Very good, but not as good as the eggplant dish. We shared an order of hushpuppies. They were PERFECT! Hot, crispy on the outside and full of flavor. The last night, I had more fried crawfish, and we also shared some calamari. DELICIOUS. Every single night, the place was packed. I saw a lot of people get platters with new potatoes, sausage, corn, crab, etc. They were enormous. I wanted to grab one thing off of everyone's plate. But that probably wouldn't have gone over very well. I'll be back!!

1  Thank KristaAthens_GA

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Crushed oyster shells pave the parking lot and add to the experience of the store. The restaurant, being affiliated with the seafood market next door, provides a fresh seafood selection daily. After 12-15 visits over a 5 year period, I still look forward to the gumbo and oysters they offer. Oyster prices have risen dramatically over the past six months (from $6.00 to $10.00/dozen), so my intake has dropped accordingly. Amberjack and grouper. usually blackened, have been the fish dishes I normally order. Prices appear reasonable. The platters, ~$18.00, include a short corn cob, choice of potato, salad/soup, and vegetable.
The staff members have always been friendly and seem to be local gals who enjoy the customer interaction. Waits for seating can exceed 20 minutes, but I always sit at the bar, which is almost always available.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I have stayed on Williams many times and tried most of the restaurants in the area but had been passing up Harbor for whatever reason. I think only because there are so many others with flashier signs. That was a mistake. Harbor has some of the best and freshest seafood I have seen in the city. The seafood market had everything from fresh Cobia to Wahoo and incredible looking shrimp. The restaurant served mostly poboys, platters and fried dishes but they are good. I had the Turtle soup and an alligator po-boy. The alligator was tender and not chewy or stringy, a real treat from the standard po-boys I'm used to. The restaurant is just a block off I-10 and close enough to the airport and airport hotels to be a short taxi ride. There are always cars in the lot. There is extra parking in a lot behind the building too. I will definitely be back. This place is one of my new favorites and the sweet tea is great too.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Sits beside the fish market that provides the fresh seafood. Oysters shucked at the bar (don't eat oysters) that my friend ate two dozen and said were great. I ate the light blackened grouper with cajun corn, roasted potatoes.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Thank goodness for the previous reviews, which led me here for supper before returning North in the morning. This food was the best hands down and the price for a dozen oysters is soooo much generous than the French Quarter :-) The food was fresh and plentiful. Staff were friendly. No complaints!