“Good Pizzas, Average Service”
Review of Brick Oven Cafe

Brick Oven Cafe
Ranked #7 of 228 Restaurants in Kenner
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was late and my colleagues and I had no place near for dinner other than this place next to Crowne Plaza Hotel.

The portions are good. Good pizzas and my colleagues enjoyed the salads too.

I had the Creme Brulee but think it is quite good. Not too egg-gy and just about the right level of sweetness.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Wish I would have had a chance to taste the food because everyone has such great reviews, but I basically turned around at the door. If I could rate the service a 0, I would! My husband, child and I walked in the restaurant. There was no one to greet us and we were second in line facing an empty booth were someone should have been greeting and seating customers. We waiting for about 5 mins for someone to show up. When the guy came he seated the couple in front of us at the bar then walked back to the booth where we were standing NEXT in line to be seated. We were looking him dead in his face, and he looked completely looked over our heads to the group BEHIND us and continued to ask how many were in their party???? I said loud to make sure he heard me, "Two and a child!" He looks at us at this point and says "Oh you were next?" I looked at my husband and we turned around and left the restaurant. It was very obvious that we were next in line, and there shouldn't have been any questions about it. I felt very disrespected, and will not ever visit here again!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Lousy service and very overpriced. I stayed at a hotel around the corner for 3 months but I only darkened their doors one time and that was plenty

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A delicious meal. Simple Italian joint with not so simple dishes. Tasty proteins if you want an entree or amazing pizzas to sit and savor. A real surprise and worth a visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

After eating lots of seafood, my husband and I thought for our final dinner out in Louisiana we'd like some Italian food. The Brick Oven Cafe was very near to where we were staying, and the food was really outstanding. The dressing on the small salad was so yummy and garlic-y. Very fresh and original. I ordered the spaghetti bolognese and could only eat about half of the plate-full. My husband finished off his lasagne and said it was very tasty. The owner was very friendly; he asked us where we were from and we had a nice chat before the food arrived. Very good food in a classy, but comfortable restaurant.