“Just okay”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just okay if you need a room, but don't expect friendly service. Not close to anything!!! Had to pay for breakfast and they weren't even refilling items during the last hour of the breakfast time. Needed another night, but moved hotels at my daughter's request.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SandraConcordNC
Amy S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Let me apologize that our customer service during your stay at our hotel was lacking. I will definitely pass on your comments to the appropriate department heads for their review and to utilize as a training tool for team members.
We do hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in our area again. If you do come to our area again and would like a reservation please contact me personally I would love to be able to help you.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Booked our room in November for a February stay. I was specifically told that a complimentary breakfast would be included during our stay (hey, I asked because I knew this was the previous policy and I look for hotels that offer breakfast). When we arrived we were told that their new policy was to charge for breakfast and that they were not going to honor the original terms under which I agreed to book the room. So called new policy was enacted right before our stay. I will never stay here again and will not recommend this hotel to any of my professional contacts. Good business practice is to honor your statements made during the course of a transaction. Over eggs and pancakes that probably cost them at best $2.00 a person - the managerial staff decide to impose their "new policy" on my pre-policy booking. Not a smart customer service move. My hotel room was $129 a night. I could have gone up the street less than 3 miles away, paid around $90 bucks and received a free breakfast. This is Kenner, Louisiana. What difference does 3 miles make? End result, I will not recommend this place to any of my colleagues. Minus bad business practices and a bathroom that had hair strands all over the tub and shower upon check in, paint chips in the heater and paint on the floor - the place would have been a decent place to stay. The first floor is lacking a ice machine so you have to lug your cooler up to the 2nd floor if you're staying on the first. Also, request a room far away from the "ice vending" room on the 1st floor. The radio is blaring and you can hear the music from your room. Lastly, make sure you complain about the side doors if they don't shut. The door by our room wouldn't shut close during our stay which poses an incredibly dangerous threat to the safety of guests, especially those with rooms on the first floor.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Nola_Dre1234

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Kenner Hotel on Sat Dec 30th and it was the worst stay at a hotel that we have ever had.
We booked our room directly with the hotel and paid for a KING bed, NON smoking with complimentary breakfast and newspaper.
What we received was a room with two double beds, SMOKING and had to pay for our breakfast due to a change in “policy“ and no newspapers in sight.
We didn’t receive anything that we reserved except a simple roof over our head. I asked to be moved to another room – or at least to a NON SMOKING and was told that they were booked solid for the night. The room we got was the most disgusting room I’ve ever stayed in and would have absolutely left had it not been 12:15am by the time we got there. It smelled like someone had just smoked a full pack of cigarettes in our room - it was vile and made it hard to fall asleep. It was December and we had to open the windows to help air the place out. It didn’t help much.
I am dumbfounded how any hotel can take a reservation for what we booked and not fulfill it in any way.
I sent a review directly to the hotel to give them a chance to make good on the bad reservation and have not received any response. Great business model!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to cigarettes do not book here - they do not take thier non-smoking guidelines...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank shelly d
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First, I had difficulty finding the Hotel Kenner as it is a little ways off of the street. There is no sign at the street and the hotel is not visible after dark. As I appoached the property, the only signage visible was an old, partially covered sign for "Hilton Garden Inn" on the end of the building. There is one unlit marker right in front of the hotel that is obscured by the bushes.

There was a large conference taking place at the adjoining conference center, yet the hotel had only one desk clerk to take care of the MANY attendees. It took quite a while to get checked in.

The carpet in the room was very worn and the decor is tired. However, the room was clean. The bed was comfortable. There was no light bulb in the desk lamp. There was only one small bar of cheap, smelly bar of soap in the bathroom. I ended up running to the drug store to get bath soap to use during my stay.

I was advised upon check-in that breakfast was available in the lobby each morning for $5.99. I mistakenly thought that there might be a little more offered than the usual free breakfast offered at many hotels. I was wrong! It was the exact same stuff.

It is nice that the hotel is so close to the Pontchartrain Center, however, the staff and management need to pay attention to details to make this hotel stand out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhonda B

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Kenner over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend and were very comfortable at this hotel. The complimentary breakfast was standard, not great...but our room was clean, and the staff was helpful and attentive. It was quiet and didn't seem very busy over this long weekend so we used the lobby each night for watching football games and visiting with family & friends. Fathin (working at front desk several of the nights) was helpful and kind to us. It is on the lake and we went for a nice run along the levee each morning. This hotel is convenient to our family living in Kenner and we will definitely return next time we visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nolagrl306

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back for another visit soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

i stay at hotels all the time all over the country and this one is one of the worst. First I couldn't pull up to the front door because their shuttle van is taking up the whole drive way. Next, they have fliers at the front desk telling you they gave house keeping the day off tomorrow for Thanks-giving...so, reuse your towels...Don't wipe your behind today I guess!!! The room had a musky smell. The mattress was old and bumpy. The carpet was stained and dirty. I checked out within a few minutes of checking in and went to Double Tree!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank cahsjoo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Kenner, arrived Saturday evening and left Monday at check out. The hotel is clean and rooms nice, beds had very good linen and staff both in the day and evening hours were good. Although this hotel is located very near to the airport, no noise from in/out going planes-- excellent!! Construction was going on at the hotel that closed off some areas including the exercise/ weight room and pool- this came as a surprise because it was not mentioned when we called to ask about the reservation. Hotel had a morning breakfast included in out price with a very good variety of foods, both hot, cold and fruits. There is a restaurant on the premisis but this is limited and somewhat high in cost- we ate out for all other meals. The hotel also has a very small bar.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends