“Roaches!!!”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Laguna Niguel, California
“Roaches!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Everything was fine until I felt something crawling on me in my bed. The next day I saw a roach on the chair. I pushed the mattress away from the wall and it was Roach City! Big ones and little ones. I videotaped it. In addition there was trash behind both beds. My kids were really freaked out. I went down and spoke to the woman at front desk about it. I really wanted to change rooms, but the she explained that there unfortunately are going to be roaches everywhere -it's New Orleans. Little did she know that I'm from New Orleans, I grew up there and I'm down there all the time. I always stay at my parent's house, but we were having a family reunion and I wanted my other relatives to stay with them. If you don't pick up trash, clean, vacuum well or exterminate then of course you can end up with a roach problem. She was so relaxed about it. I chose not to eat the complimentary breakfast after that. I could see if it was just one roach, but this was a roach compound.

Room Tip: Bring Raid!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mona504
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. First let me apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. We do have a monthly service contract with a pest control company, but unfortunately these things do happen. When your incident was reported the pest control company was dispatched for an extra spray of the room.
We would like to welcome you back to try out our property again. Our Assistant General Manager would be happy to assist you in this. Anytime you are coming back into town please give her a call at 504-712-0504 and ask for Jackie the Assistant General Manager and she will accommodate your needs.
Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Durham
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My partner and I left Durham, NC on a Thursday morning, headed for Houston, TX. We weren't sure how far we'd be able to drive, so we didn't have a reservation for the night. Somewhere in Mississippi, we realized we'd be ready to stop in New Orleans for the night, and we used Priceline to book this hotel on the road. (We also attempted to book the hotel directly, but that would have cost us 30 bucks more.)

The ranking and the other reviews assured us the stay would be satisfactory, but one always has doubts when booking a room unseen, especially if there are even one or two bad reviews. We were quite pleased when we got to our room. The good reviews had not over-stated the property. While it may not have been absolutely perfect and brand new, it wasn't far off from that.

The outside of the property is reminiscent of many Marriott Residence Inns where we have stayed. It was clean and well-kept. The pool looked good, but we didn't want to bother with wet clothes in the morning; plus we'd been through enough rain on the road that we felt we'd already had a swim.

The lobby was bright and inviting with a large area to sit and relax on one side and breakfast area on the other. The breakfast, by the way, was better than your average "free" breakfast. It featured nicely scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and sausage gravy on the main buffet. Another area featured oatmeal, grits, breads and pastries, and condiments. I was thrilled to have access to grits, even if they were a little thinner than I prefer--and plenty of real Land o' Lakes butter!

The room reminded me of a modern Courtyard by Marriott. The similarity was almost uncanny. Even the counter tops in the bath were similar. The bed was uber-comfy.

We really were thrilled with the hotel. It would be nice to find a chain of similarly equipped/similarly priced hotels everywhere.

Room Tip: Book through a service. It seems to be cheaper.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EdRockster
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your compliments I will be sure to pass them on to our staff.
Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked this hotel as part of my cousin's weekend wedding in which my daughter was a bridesmaid. I had never heard of the name, so I was a little hesitant even though the online photos looked promising. Once I arrived, I was greeted by the desk manager who was very helpful. The room was large and comfortable. But the best was the complimentary breakfast. They served hot breakfast with such a variety! And the hours it was available did not require you to be up at the "crack of dawn." I recommend this hotel to everyone who is visiting in this area of New Orleans!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the great response. We look forward to hosting you again anytime you are in the New Orleans area.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel many times over the last year during my business trips to New Orleans, and have found this hotel to be one of my favorites around the country.
-You will find the level of service is unmatched in the area.
-In addition, you will find the personalities unforgettable.

Tell them Bob sent you.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Coyle1979
We take pride in our customer service and at home feeling that our staff gives our guest. We appreciate you taking the time to express you're experience and we look forward to your return.
brooklyn
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I book this room for a nite it was very nice place clean room staff was nice airport shuttle a plus complaints from me i would come back again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ant0923
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your response, and we welcome you back to stay with us again whenever you travel to the New Orleans area.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This hotel is an excellent choice if you are on a budget. I booked my trip thru hotwire, and that process is like a gamble, they dont tell you the exact hotel until after you purchase the package; so i was anxious about this hotel. However as soon as we arrived Lourdes was sooo friendly and professional, that we stayed an additional night! And the breakfast bar is off the chain. And its a good location just about 10 min from downtown N.O. I will be staying here again soon!! Lourdes your professionalism is top notch!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Strong_Kendra
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely pass on to Lourdes how much you enjoyed her service.
We look forward to you staying with us again, if you would like to book directly please call the hotel at 504.712.0504 and I will personally make your reservation for you.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Unfortunately being a standby traveler often means making a last minute decision to stay over in a city unexpectedly. While stranded in New Orleans recently we were lucky enough to find this gem.

Positives-
Proximity to airport
Free shuttle from airport to hotel
Walking distance to Lake Ponchatrain
Free cocktail reception in the evenings
Free breakfast in the morning
Rooms nicely appointed and clean
Near enough to local "places to see" but far enough to be a restful hotel
Offers AAA and AARP discounts

Opportunities-
Seems a bit outdated

Overall-
Not a bad choice if you are forced to stay over. Good value for price paid.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Mz H
We appreciate your kind comments. I will pass on to all our of team members how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back.