“Beyond the Call of Duty”

Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Two days before returning to New Orleans on a late flight, I called the hotel to ask them to ask the shuttle driver to delay his last departure at mid-night for just a few minutes as our flight was to arrive around 11:45 p.m. and we would need time to get our luggage and get over to the pick-up center. We actually landed a few minutes ahead of schedule and called immediately to let them know we probably wouldn't be delayed after all. When the receptionist at the front desk answered, she said the driver had already gone home for the night. I informed her of my conversation with another clerk two days earlier, and she told me that she had seen the note and that she was about to clock out and come get us herself. I told her we'd catch a cab, but she insisted on coming to get us and take us to the hotel. We gave her a nice tip, but she also went into the hotel to assure us of a top floor room since we'd had kids in the room above us prior to our outbound trip, for which we had a 5 a.m. wake-up call. I have high regard for such great customer service and will stay there again in a heartbeat. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, affordable, and very clean. The owners should be proud of their staff; especially Joette who came to get us after she got off duty.

Room Tip: If you have an early flight and there are a lot of kids at the hotel, request a room on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sal D
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to be the best in customer service. We appreciated your compliments and will pass them on to the entire team. We look forward to hosting you again whenever you are in the New Orleans area.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I arrived in New Orleans after getting this hotel off of priceline (I had to get to New Orleans quickly for a funeral) and found that the hotel smelled of chlorine and a musty smell in the lobby... But, that wasn't the bad part. After receiving the key to my room. I went in the ceiling light (hesitated) before coming on... The nightstand lamp, was broken. The comforter on the bed appeared soiled - looked like it had "red" juice stands on it ... The bed was made up poorly. I went into the bathroom and found mold on the ceiling in the shower. At the point I decided that I was leaving. Luckily, they did have a fast internet connection, so I was able to book the Hilton at the airport quickly. I immediately returned my key and left the establishment. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! EVER!

That goodness the Hilton had availability.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank katjazz2000
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I apologize that you felt uncomfortable and did not give us the opportunity to make things right. I would invite you to come back and enjoy a nice stay with us if you come back into the New Orleans area and let us show you how we really look.
Thanks again.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My niece and I stayed at this hotel while our friend was having surgery. We had an absolute blast and the staff was AMAZING!!! Brandon at the front desk was extremely helpful and always went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. He made time to talk to us and tell us about the area. Adam was very helpful as well. He kept us entertained with stories of the area and was willing to help if we needed anything. The food was wonderful. The gumbo and the red beans and rice were the best we have ever tried.
I would highly recommend this hotel to all of our family and friends. Next time we visit New Orleans, this will definitely be the place that we stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the east side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Danielle E
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. We will pass on the compliments to all of our team members. We look forward to having you stay with us again whenever you come back to New Orleans.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

A none brand name hotel that provides outstanding service.

Lourdes at Hotel Kenner was extremely helpful from the first moment after checkin. She went above and beyond providing information on tourist attractions and how to get to things. The rest of the staff was helpful when you requested extra towels or other items. One even refused a tip when offered, as he said it was his pleasure to serve their guests. Only about 15 minutes from down town if you do not make the drive at rush hour.

The complimentary breakfast was nice with fresh eggs, either bacon or sausage. There was also french toast or waffles depending on the day, and there were cold cereals available. More than easy to fill yourself or your kids up prior to a day of exploration.

With a small frig and microwave in the room, it was easy to keep snacks in the room to keep the kids happy. It was also helpful to get the water bottles cold for a day in the hot summer weather.

The gym has a few free weights and two treadmills and an elliptical. The elliptical could use some servicing to make it operate smoother, but all in all you can get a fairly decent workout.

The pool area was nice and clean. And their is a small park and and a nice walking trail just across the parking lot to get some exercise outdoors.

Overall a great hotel that is easily accessible to the airport and downtown.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. I will definitely pass them on to all of our staff. Please come see us again if you are back in the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were extremely pleased when we pulled up to the hotel. It was beautiful, right across the street from the Grand Treasure Casino. The hotel itself was beautifully done, exceptionally clean and the staff very, very friendly. Our concierge, Joette, was very informative and very funny. It was a pleasure to talk with her. When we first arrived our a/c was not working and we called the front desk. Within minutes Sam, the maintenance engineer, was knocking at our door. He fixed the a/c, a matter of flipping a switch we could not get to and then after spotting a book that we were reading, started a conversation. We learned so much about him, his family and his career goals. The breakfast buffet was great. All in all, it was a great stay and I would definitely stay there again. Great value, great people!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I will be sure to pass on the kudos that you gave to our staff members. We welcome you back to stay with us whenever you come back in the New Orleans Airport market.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a hotel near the New Orleans airport, as we had to catch an early flight out the next morning. We booked the Hotel Kenner, which was approximately four and a half miles away from the airport. When we checked in and the clerk told us what time the free breakfast would start the next morning, we explained we would be checked out by then. She told us they would fix a "breakfast bag" for us with yogurt, fruit, and fruit juice. It was sent to our room around 9:00 p.m. so they wouldn't wake us up early, early in the morning. We had a small refrigerator in the room to keep the yogurt and fruit juice cold. Not many hotels would do that and you'd simply miss the breakfast. We really appreciated it and would stay there again. It was also a very clean room.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I will definitely pass on your comments to our staff members. Please come back for another visit anytime you are in the New Orleans area.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had nothing good to say about this hotel but my review isn't posted. Drunks in front of the hotel waiting on a casino bus. Almost hit in the parking lot by drunken senior citizens and the food is gross. Front desk help is, well, the help.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

I appreciate your time with your review. I do apologize if you encountered people that are going to the casino, but we do have quite a few people stay with us that enjoy the casino just across from the hotel as well as their shuttle. I would like the opportunity to show you how we pride ourselves on our great customer service if you are ever back in the area, please contact me and I would be happy to host you again.