Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kenner
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I walked in to check in after a 2 hour flight and getting my rental car. First impressions are very important. As stated no one was at front desk at 8:30pm. Then minutes later a young guy opens this door from the outside. He says i quote...are you in a hurry or can i finish my cigarette. I thought WOW. Remember i am a business traveler and stay in Hotels 15-18 nights per month. I do not stay in posh properties mostly 3 star midscale hotels to stay within my companies parameters. While i was there the toilet ran constantly. The positive it was quiet and the bed was comfy. This hotel needs some TLC. I would also recommend training employees to be more respectful of their guest. And finally fire the young guy at the front desk or get him the Dale Carnegie How to win friends and influence people as a gift. You are in the customer service business, act like it.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Biztravler1127
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize for the incident upon your arrival. That is not the way we welcome our guests here. We appreciate your comments and they will be used as a training tool for all front desk staff.
We do hope you give us the opportunity to host you again when you are back in the New Orleans area.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed here following a 4 night stay at the Double Tree Inn in New Orleans when my family flew back home and I stayed behind to travel with my daughter by vehicle. I had asked for lakeside view room when making my reservation but did not receive it. A staff member that overheard our quiet conversation (believe her name is Jolette) immediately saw to rectifying issue so I was given a spacious room with a lakeside view. Lake walking distance and during my stay, I enjoyed a walk by the lake, the workout room, the laundry services, and leisure time by the pool. Very enjoyable and value is outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LiD448
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that Joette was able to help you with getting the small view of the lake that you wanted. We think we have a great staff and location here and we are glad that you feel the same way. I will be sure to pass on to everyone here especially Joette your experience.
We hope that you will stay with us again on your next travels to the New Orleans area.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

On a recent trip to Kenner LA, I stayed at the Hotel Kenner. From the day I checked in I felt like I was at home. The whole staff was amazing especially Joette. She went above and beyond to ensure our stay was enjoyable. I will be staying here next time I visit the area. With the clean facilies, nice rooms and helpful staff, you cant go wrong. Thanks Kenner Family.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Quinn T
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to know your stay with us was such a pleasant experience. We think our front desk staff is great too. I will be happy to share your review with everyone and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Made plans to be in Kenner and stay at the Hotel Kenner for two back to back weeks for business. The staff was excellent and made the whole experience easygoing and enjoyable. From the front desk to the complementary breakfast and evening snacks to the how can we make your stay more enjoyable attitude, everything was great. I look forward to going back on my next business trip.

Room Tip: Over the back to back visits, I stayed in two rooms. I had no complaints. There was a refrigerator a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rich P
Paula D, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to know your stay with us was a pleasant experience. I will share your review with our staff and we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hotel was clean, quiet, and had easy access. Personnel were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again on my next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Susan B

Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel has a wonderful front desk staff! They are very nice and accomodating. They really give you a comfortable feeling that you are truely welcome when you check in. They really know the areas and the things going on in the area. One of the ladies even called and help set up reservations for us at a local restaraunt for our family.
They have an excellent breakfast buffet! Also, they have excellent happy hor deurves.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bebop1961

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to know your stay with us was a pleasant experience. I will be happy to share your review with our staff especially the front desk and we look forward to hosting you again

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I drove 11 hours from Georgia to the Kenner hotel. We were tired and hungry when we arrived. Jaette checked us in and was so sweet and helpful. She really loves her customers. We then ate dinner in the hotel restaurant. Pat was our waitress and she was Amazing. I remarked to her about her earrings and she gave them to me. Seriously, I had been looking for stunning blue earrings to give to my BFF on her wedding this Sunday with no luck. Pat was wearing the coolest pair and she was more than happy to give them to me. As I said ...Amazing! My husband and I will never forget this level of service...not just professional but actually Personable. Thank you so much ladies! Much love to you all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Labedaelaine

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad to know your stay with us was a pleasant experience. I will share your review with our staff especially Pat and Joette and we look forward to hosting you again.