“The owner called me”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jennings
Smithville, Texas
“The owner called me”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed there knowing full well the hotel is an economy hotel, the issues that come along with it and they did not let me down.
The lady ( Mrs. B. ) at the front desk at check in was very friendly and courteous.
There were a few minor cleanliness issues.
This hotel is an exterior corridor property geting up in age so go in expecting what comes with that.
Upon our arrival hime I penned a snail mail letter to the owner as well as the corporate franchise office. The Owner called me two days later. He was very apologetic and seeemd genuinely grateful for me having shared my observations.

Room Tip: In dealing with the Economy Tier Hotels I suggest that you inspect the room before you buy it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I was there after the New Year with my family for 4 days - facility, staff, service and overall value was outstanding. We had a good experience and I would definetly suggest and recommend to anyone who reads this review.

Room Tip: I generally ask for a downtairs accomodation.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I was driving home from an outpatient surgery and I could not hold my eyes open any longer. We had not budgeted money to stay anywhere but I couldn't risk my family's safety by continuing to drive. Under any other circumstances I would not have stayed at this place, it looks old and a little sketchy for lack of a better term. There was an older woman who checked us in, she was nice enough. We got to our room (outside, individual entrances for each room) and settled in for the night. Even locking the door didn't make me feel 'comfortable' so I jammed the chair under the doorknob and put my suitcase onto the chair. The analog TV was disappointing, the beds were hard and I tossed and turned and woke up with back pain (which is NOT normal), the bedspreads had cigarette burn holes and had an unpleasant odor, there were bugs on the vanity, the coffeemaker was just thrown on the counter with the coffee-covered cord strewn about and the towels were old, small and scratchy. There was dirt an inch thick on the carpet around the baseboards (which I noticed while trying to plug in the lamp as the room was very dark). My family woke up to two grown men outside our door speaking very loudly using profanity. Overall, a HUGE waste of $67, I am embarrassed that my family had to sleep in a place like this.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a 'good' room at this hotel. Go elsewhere, I wish I had.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank S T

Travelers are raving about these Jennings hotels

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 15, 2010

The room was filthy - pubic hair on the face cloth, someone else's shavings plastered on the side of the sink, and a dirty towel crammed into a corner of the bathroom. Continental breakfast was terrible - stale cereal, sour OJ. Room was vastly overpriced at $64. The bed was very uncomfortable, the pillows were lumpy and misshapen, and the comforter stank. When I complained to management, the most they would do was refund $10 of the price of the room. This response remained consistent even after calling corporate and escalating. Don't stay here - there are several other hotels in the immediate area that would doubtless be much better. It wouldn't take much.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoktorBob
Chicago,IL
Reviewed August 13, 2008

Very Nice as a New Quality Inn with new lobby, Best Staff,
Best Rooms are clean. I thing is under new management.
Great exeperience then Holidays Inn. Holiday Inn is not good.

Quality Inn has new experience with new management with
best service and quality. It's worth rates.

• Liked — Look nice with new Quality Inn Logo with best service, cleaness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I checked into this hotel and after going to my room found it to not have any bedsheets. Then after getting another room found that we needed some more towels. Was told we could not get anymore since the adjoining Holiday Inn and this Comfort Inn shared the towel service and they were all taken.

While I was checking in the sheriff and some other law enforcement officials (state troopers etc) were in the parking lot taking fingerprints from an abandoned vehicle. This vehicle was suspected as being used in a robbery and abandoned in this hotel's parking lot.

The room smelled like smoke and the bathroom lacked proper maintance.

And finally I was in town for a funeral and I think I left some belongings at the hotel. Well needless to say they only keep the lost and found for 30 days, so the clothes I left are gone..either given away or thrown away. They could of at least called my contact number since they had it....that's what I would of done (and did when I worked in the hospitality business) .

Will I stay there again?... I doubt it...

• Liked — The waffles.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, cigarette smoke smell, substandard accomodations
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank JustPassinBy2008
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 26, 2005

This place --- big time especially after Hurricane Rita. It might calm down to a dull roar once the emergency ends. If at all possible, keep driving.

I requested a non-smoking room. The first room that I got reeked of smoke and I was told that due to Hurricane Rita there were no other rooms available. After complaining more, I got a non-smoking king room. This place is full of people sleeping 4 to a room and with exterior corridors, you hear the commotion. Granted, given the present situation with the need for workers, four to a room is to be expected.

They are trying hard to get keep the breakfast items stocked but when you have this quantity of people, it is not possible.

My room is not clean even though it is a new place. The towels are skimpy.

The pool is not heated. When the temperature outside is 45 degrees at night, how cold is the water now? They say it is a seasonal pool, but it is open.

They have dataports but not wireless Internet.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank PlayfulPlatypus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jennings
Days Inn Jennings
Days Inn Rayne
Days Inn Rayne
#2 of 2 in Rayne
Maison D'Memoire Bed & Breakfast Cottages

Been to Motel 6 Jennings? Share your experiences!