“Never again”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Jennings
Missouri
“Never again”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We were visiting family in Jennings and needed a place close to the house so I called ABVI. Jim answered the phone and informed I would need to come in as he does not give rates over the phone, When I asked why, he said "because the rates depend on the person and the room type" ....the person? Isn't that descrimination and illegal? Anyway, he gave me a rate and I thanked him but told him, I would just stay at a hotel across town as they offered a lower rate through travel agent discounts. He offered to give me the room with a discount so I accepted, got my room key and my husband and I went to room 135, we sat down our things turned on the tv and started to peel the blankets back on the bed when I noticed a clear odorless oil stain on the blanket just under the comforter that went through the sheets and onto the mattress...the chair in the corner of the room had the same kind of oil on it so I called Jim at the front desk and he said "well there are 2 beds in the room right?" I said "yes" and he said "well just use the other bed". WHAT?? Use the other bed? No apology, no offering to change the room. I am not telling him I don't like the firmness of the mattress or the color of the carpet....this is about hygiene and cleanliness. Needless to say I am fed up and decided I would just pay the higher rate and drive the little extra distance for the better hotel but when I went to the front desk Mr Jim told me he would not give me a refund as we have already been in the room but he would offer a different room. (why did he not offer this when I called him?) I was stuck, I said I would take the other room but made him come with me while I inspected it and also took him to the original room to see the bed and chair. They obviously do not clean after people check out at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Faith63
abvijennings, Owner at Howard Johnson Jennings, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Dear Traveler,
Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make any improvements and that you will stay with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Jennings hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jennings
#3 of 4 in Jennings
Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings
Best Western Rayne Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Iowa
Days Inn Crowley
Days Inn Crowley
#1 of 3 in Crowley

Been to Howard Johnson Jennings? Share your experiences!