“Great Hospitality and Clean Rooms”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jennings
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel was very clean and the staff was awesome. I arrived around 12:30am. I was checked in quickly and went up to my room. I was very tired from driving, but I got in my room and noticed the light fixture on the desk was missing. I went downstairs and informed the front desk lady who was very nice. She informed me of a wedding they had that weekend. I couldn't help but laugh and thought to myself, "a guest of the wedding forgot their wedding present so let Hampton Inn save the day." Some people need their tail kicked for stealing. Anyway, she moved me to another room immediately and slept like a baby! This hotel is great and the staff will make you feel at home!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Arriving tired and grumpy, we were pleased with the inviting manner of our welcome. The quality of the room and pleasing aesthetics helped us relax, unwind and find our way to peaceful slumber. Comfort and quality made for a delightful evening and restful visit so that we departed knowing we would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the past 4 years or so and most recently last week. I am a fan of this place. The lobby is clean, pleasant, well organized. I have found the hotel clean, the rooms just as I expect (well supplied, things working, excellent bed), and the staff is concerned and attentive. They do all they can to accommodate my requests and are genuinely pleasant. Walgreens (right in front of the hotel), McDonald's, Wendy's, Waffle House are all handy.

Room Tip: I like the back side facing a field and a hardware store, but I have been on the I10 side without be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

No complaints--this was a long-distance move, and I called the hotel directly to confirm they had parking space for a 26-foot U-haul with a truck in tow. There was no problem upon arrival as promised--there was plenty of parking. We walked across a small field to pick up McDonald's food since we did not have wheels at the time---no problem. Easy on and off from I-10 either direction, even with the rental truck and trailer. I love the clean duvet guarantee--it is reassuring--and I wish all hotels would do the same. Very nice breakfast/lobby area, and the hot foods were hot and the cold foods cold--no complaints. Staff were friendly and greeted us as Honors members upon arrival.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room....we always request a room on the highest floor away from elevators/lifts, exi...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice decor but otherwise unimpressive.

The room fridge was broken, bathroom floor was dirty & sticky, shower water pressure was low, room had a strong smell of cleaning products, mattress was hard with lumpy duvees (a permanent post-it note on each headboard indicated that the lumpy duvees had indeed been washed). Walls and ceilings were thin (lots of thump thump thump and could hear conversations of adjacent guests), but could drown them out by the load A/C. We didn't get an hour of sleep.

No 'Do Not Disturb' signs were available to deter housekeeping. Included breakfast was good (as long as you didn't mind the cheese folded up in the eggs) and the previously-frozen fruit (pineapple, honeydew, and cantalope in one bowl) seemed to be all one flavor.

Most of the guests were from the oil drilling rigs off the Louisiana coast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Jacqueline H, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for Submitting your comments to TripAdvisor. We use these comments to assist us in improving the service we provide to our guests. Your comments have been addressed today during our Team Meeting. I was concerned about the issues that you experienced during your stay. Please call the hotel directly if there is anything more that we can do, or you would like to speak with someone personally. It is our hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in this area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Conveniently located just off Interstate 10. Shoneys and MacDonalds are your dining choices. Staff is friendly. Pillows smelled of smoke and perspiration and towels were a bit old and worn. Breakfast selections were good. If you decide to stay there, when you check in make sure your shower is equiped with a shower curtain; if it isn't, the bathroom floor will get quite slippery and soggy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
lftje, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing your comments during your review of our property. I apologize for the inconvenience these issues may have caused. We have discussed these issues during a recent management meeting. It is always our desire to hold our staff to high standards and provide our guests with the best experience possible. Here at the hotel, we use comments such as these to provide continued training for our staff. We want to continue to have you as a guest here in Jennings and look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We arrived at this hotel at this hotel just before 8:00pm without a reservation. It was located just off I-40 and easy to find. The room rate was too high for the area, but it was getting late and we were too tired to look elsewhere. The inn is only 3 years old, according to the very friendly and efficient evening clerk. The lobby was nice, as was the fitness center. There was a "suite" shop located by the front desk which sells snacks, drinks, water and essentials. Items purchased here could be charged to your room. We had 2 rooms, a king suite and a king studio, as my elderly parents were also traveling with us. I was a little surprised when we got off the elevator to our rooms. The halls smelled terribly -- a perspiration or "sweat" smell. However, there was no notice of this smell inside our rooms. Also, the hallway carpet was dirty considering the age of the hotel. The sofa in our suite was stained and somewhat dirty as well. Both rooms were generously sized and comfortable.

The king suite had a door which could be closed between the den and the bedroom. There was a full bath off of the bedroom, and a half bath in the den/kitchenette area, making it convenient for 2 of us to get ready in the morning. The kitchenette area had a fridge, microwave, small coffee maker with supplies, sink and even a roll of paper towels provided. The full bath had a walk-in shower, separate over-sized jetted tub, large vanity area, plenty of bath linens, 3 wall hooks for hanging things plus another on the back of the door, and towel bars by both the tub and vanity. It was well-lit. However, there was no fan or ventilation in the bath, so everything was covered with moisture with a slightly hot shower, and some of the wall paper was coming away from the wall. Also, there was no place in the shower other than the floor to sit any bath products used except the small soap dish, and certainly no seat or place to prop a foot if you want to shave your legs...guess you could use the tub for that. The only place to put your wash cloth was to hang it over the faucet. There was mildew around the bottom inside of the shower, and along the bottom of the shower door. The sink vanities, while beautiful to look at, were impractical because they were very high and deep, and had a bowed front. They look like pieces of furniture with granite tops and a shelf on the bottom for towels, etc. However, they were too high for shorter adults or kids, making it difficult to bend over the sink when brushing teeth, see the mirror closely when doing makeup, etc. The bowed front made this even more difficult. (The height and style also prompts kids to try to stand on the shelf under the sink so they can reach the faucet and sink, which then results in damage to the front of the shelf.) The sinks did have soap dishes, a plus, and bathrooms had hairdryers. They were also well-lit. The full bath was not too well-cleaned along the baseboard areas, but otherwise was ok (except for the shower mildew). There was not enough room around the king bed, between the bed and the wall, on one side, making it difficult for a person to get in or out of the bed on that side and largely due to the placement of the bed beside the heat/air unit. There was a night stand on each side of the head of the bed.

The king studio was a little smaller than the suite, and the sleeping area not separated completely from the den area. The kitchenette was the same as in the other room, and the bathroom sink area was outside the tub/toilet area, making it nicer for 2 people sharing the room.

Both rooms had nice-sized closets with enough hangers for a 2 or 3 day stay, and great full-length mirrors. There was an iron and board in each room, and the beds were very comfortable. We did not use or see the pool area, but the continental breakfast was typical Hampton Inn fare and was good, and the area clean and spacious. Parking was complimentary, as with most Hampton Inns. The morning clerk there when we left was just as friendly as the evening clerk when we arrived, and made check-out quick and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jennings
Best Western Inn At Coushatta
Holiday Inn Express Eunice
Seven Clans Hotel
Seven Clans Hotel
#2 of 10 in Kinder

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings? Share your experiences!