“Clean, comfortable and good value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Jennings
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on our way from New Orleans to Houston, and got a good deal through Expedia. We were very happy with our stay - the staff were friendly, the location was great (very close to the I-10), the room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast options were good and there were fast food places located nearby too. My only gripe (and it's a minor thing) is that the pool wasn't available for us to use when we stayed.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alisonk78

Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Hotel had warm staff both weeks and they were extremely hospitable.

If you are ever travelling on I-10 and need a good stopping point, I would highly recommend this Hotel for it's clean rooms, convenience to the interstate, and kind staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Mucci44
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Found this location to be very clean and comfortable. Have stayed in Hamptons many times and this was one of the better. Breakfast was adequate if you can stand powdered scrambled egg. Otherwise, turkey sausage, fresh fruit, waffles, seasoned potatoes...Enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SNYDERST
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed here on our way between Florida & Texas after the Christmas holidays. Stay was very nice from the time we checked in - where Codie was friendly, efficient & helpful - all the way to check out the next morning. Room was clean and quiet. It was convenient to a few fast food places and also Shoney's & Cracker Barrel for food. Easy to access just off I-10, hot breakfast in the morning. All around a pleasant stop over. My only complaint (and it's minor as it only took a few minutes to correct) is that the mini-fridge was turned off when we got there. We'd bought some milk at the store for our daughter before checking in, and so we had to ice it down in the ice bucket while the fridge cooled. But I can certainly live with that - and I'm sure it saves on energy consumption for unused rooms.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Crazy4Beach
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Upon arriving check in was fast, and the desk clerk was courteous and friendly.
There was also complementary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the lobby.

Our room was a non-smoking 2 queens on the top floor. We parked by the door on the east side of the property and used out room key to open the outside door. The elevator was a short walk from the door, and our room was a short walk from the elevator.

The room was adequate size, very clean, and free of any odors. The bedding was clean (sign said bedding was washed between guests), and in excellent condition. The bed was comfortable, and the pillows satisfactory. I did not have the time to use the internet, but complementary internet was provided, with both wired and wireless being available in the room. The TV, a 32" Philips flat screen, was sharp, and had an adequate selection of channels, including HBO.

The bathroom was very clean, moderately sized, with adequate towels, and a large selection of amenities. It had a curved shower bar, and a stingy water saving massaging shower head. There was a hair dryer, and a coffee pot with adequate supplies.

The complementary breakfast was adequate and plentiful. Coffee, tea, an assortment of juices, hot chocolate and milk was available to drink, as was hot water and instant oatmeal. For hot foods, there was scrambled eggs, sausage (later replaced with bacon), and breakfast potatoes. The waffle maker (do it yourself) was busy, and the waffles were good. There was an assortment of rolls, muffins, bagels, and bread available. On the center bar was an assortment of fresh fruit (oranges, bananas, apples) as well as cut fruits and hard boiled eggs (no shells).

Checkout was very fast, as a bill (which was correct) had been placed under our door; we simply dropped our keys at the front desk, and the desk clerk politely told us to have a nice day, and thanked us for staying there.

Room Tip: For some reason, king rooms were more expensive then 2 queens. If 2 queen beds are adequate, get th...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RadioHost
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We came to visit my stepson for a few days and decided to stay here. It's a nice hotel, very clean, with free wifi and breakfast. My only problem was the staff. Every time we needed more towels, we had to go find a housekeeper that was on our floor (4th) and ask her for towels. We stayed 4 nights and each time we asked for an extra pillow, they always said they were out. The hotel would be a much better place if they had different workers that didn't act like they shouldn't have to do anything. The only reason I would recommend this hotel to a friend is because it's the nicest one in Jennings. Next time, we plan on staying in Lake Charles instead.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Calapetina
Reviewed July 16, 2011

I am a hotel snob. I can't stand cheap hotels but this Hampton Inn exceeded my expectations. The room was spacious and CLEAN. There is nothing negative I could say. The bathrooms are spacious and nicely decorated with 12x12 ceramic tiles and very nice counter tops. Big and soft towels and more than you could need. The beds are very comfortable with a down mattress pad and down comforter. Must be hypoallergenic fake down because I didn't have any allergies. Rooms have a good size fridge and microwave and a 32in flat screen tv. The a/c works fantastic. Ours was set at 67 all weekend and we were cold! The pool is clean but small but we didn't spend time there. The breakfast was typical, make your own waffle, bagles, fruit, yogurt and cereal. The surprise was the hot foods, the cheese omlettes were surprisingly delicious, there was fresh sausage that was awesome, and some potato dish that I skipped. They offered four different coffee options, decaf, robust, regular, and light. The robust was awesome. There was also a for purchase snack bar with chips, candy, soups, etc. The staff was very friendly. There were four wedding parties there and they staff handled everyone very well. If I am ever in this area again, this is where I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Liese531
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jennings
Days Inn Jennings
#3 of 10 in Kinder
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#7 of 10 in Kinder

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Jennings? Share your experiences!