“Great tasty food”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Jefferson
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had the woodgrilled chicken with yams, a classic Copeland's dish, and it was fantastic. Very fresh, hot, and a large amount of chicken breast served up with a biscuit. The cheesecake is great, we had the peanut butter cheesecake and it was so good.

1  Thank SkipCoys

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Copelands has been around for years, and it is easy to see why. Food and service was excellent, the wine selections were good, and the desert bar was worth a visit by itself.

If I had a disappointment on this visit, it was in the cleanliness of the facility. The carpeted floor, under that tables, was covered with paper napkins and food scraps. When the tables changed, there was no effort made to pick any of the trash off the floor.

Will we go back? Of course!

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I brought my boyfriend here after we moved here in February and I was so excited because it was his first time. I always went before to the Saint Charles location but thus was my first trip to the Clearview location. We arrived around 2 pm on a Sunday, the Sunday crowd had thinned out (I work every single Sunday except this particular one so I know the deal and I'm a very patient customer). We were seated and greeted in an appropriate timeframe. Our order was taken in an ok time also. Our waiter clearly had no interest in us, though. Our drinks (tea only) were empty from the time he took our order, to the time our appetizer came 30 MINUTES LATER. A salad (!!!) took half an hour. Everyone around us had their food, even those who came after us, including a party of 6 nearby. The waiter (Brett? Brent?) didn't come by our table at all between order taking and appetizer delivery, and he didn't deliver the appetizer himself- someone else did, and then our waiter came and filled our drinks. Meanwhile he was behind us talking to another table for 15-20 minutes about his upcoming trip to Mexico. It's about 245 now and I have to work uptown at 4. Our meals still weren't here. Around 320 our meals FINALLY came, again, not delivered by our guy. My crawfish pasta had clearly been sitting under the headlamp because it was lukewarm and the pasta was crunchy and super dried out. My boyfriend had a grilled chicken and he enjoyed his but it took an ungodly amount of time. Meanwhile our waiter is a ghost and our drinks are empty again, another half hour, and the manager (a tall, thin, dark haired lady) was leaning against the bar, didn't check on us one time, and clearly could care less about us. We wanted dessert but we were over it. By now it's 340 and we have to pay, no waiter to be found, but a waitress (Ashley?) came by because we waved at her and she told us the waiter went home already. She brought us our check and we tipped her 5$ and said directly that it was for her. What a horrible disappointment, that our waiter and the manager completely didn't care about us, both of us working in food service (I was a corporate management trainer for a restaurant with over 400 stores). The food was clearly old and our wait time was completely inexcusable. I made it to work on time, but almost two hours for a lunch that should have taken an hour tops, during off peak hours, is asinine. I apologize for the long post, but I do my job and I expect the same when I go out. Avoid this location.

3  Thank babyquak
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been to Copeland's only once and have no regular way of getting there; but the one time that I went there, it was well. The food was good, and I also enjoyed the service.

1  Thank Thomas H
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We went for Copeland's as it was "local" vs Applebees. Worst value and quality take out I've ever had. 3 adults all had entree salads and shared 1 cheesecake for $60. Salads were all very small and the $4.50 add on salad meat was 5 bite-sized pieces. Skimpy and just not very good would be the best way to describe it. Don't bother.