“Just average”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Jefferson
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Copeland's of New Orleans restaurants are committed to the concept that every dish and meal is true to the culinary traditions and heritage of New Orleans, augmented by the gracious hospitality of the Copeland Family. Copeland's of New Orleans is more than a restaurant; it is the family's promise to provide you with the finest dining experience each and every visit.
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Food was average. But it was crazy how little light there was in the place. We could barely read our menus. I know it is to create an atmosphere, but it was kind of hard to see.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The jambalaya I ordered was fabulous. Great flavor and was hot. The service was average as we arrived late and they were trying to push us out so they could go home early. It's not very relaxing when they are cleaning everything around you and watching you to see if you are going. But the food was tremendous and would go back in a flash!

Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a dark, but old style feel restaurant. Really good atmosphere. My friend had a shrimp po-boy, which tasted really good, and was good value for money. I opted for a salad, as I wanted to eat light. I definitely did this.. It was small and not particularly good, definitely overpriced.
I'd eat there again quite happily, but wouldn't waste money on a salad again.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

My wife and I were down in new Orleans for the Essence music festival, we stayed in Jefferson,LA to experience less tourist trap venues and found Copland of New Orleans. A nice laid back atmosphere and a knowledgeable staff. We ordered a crawfish appetizer to share. The busboy brought out our appetizer on what we thought was a large plate, it was delicious. Our waiter happened by and with a shocked face said " This is not a plate up to Coplands standard!", and whisked our appetizer away and returned with a mammoth platter of crawfish! Needless to say, our dinner was dessert and lunch for the next day. The food and place are great, but stay away if you value your waistline!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Professional wait staff, decent food and value priced.