“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Iowa
Tomball
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Everyone is always so very polite. The breakfast area is always clean and the hot food is hot, and they constantly make sure there is plenty of food for the guest. The rooms are spacious and always very clean. The beds are confortable. I have been to other hotels where you can tell the mattress are just flat worn out. Just wish they had the food network at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Houston
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The casino hotel where usually stay at was sold out and we were looking for a place that was nice, clean, and safe. Plus this place had good reviews. This is a very nice place for a reasonable price. I'd stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The hotel was clean with solid amenities. The staff were genuinely friendly and very helpful. While this hotel allows pets, you would never know it. There is no odor, carpet stains, or any other telltale signs that a pet has ever been in that room. Awesome.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Atlanta
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I'm a road tripper and for Thanksgiving I did my annual drive from Atlanta, GA to Texas. Did the 20 route up and the i-10 route back. I'm a night to day driver with a nap of course to conserve energy. Well i didn't take a nap before getting on the road so about 4 hours into my drive I HAD to pull over and take a break. Even in my tiredness I was looking at the road signs for a La Quinta. I pulled off of i-10 in Iowa, LA at the La Quintaq right off of the freeway and it was about 3 or 4am CST. I was so sleepy I was crazy! I walked in and reserved a room right away with my AAA membership and LAQ membership I got a good deal. I only needed to lay down for a few hours but was almost wishing I was there for a full day. My room was fantastic! I'm a shower fanatic and my shower pressure was phenomenal!

So if you need to pull over after a day of driving between Texas and Louisiana, this is great spot to stop. Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nichiel
Navarro County, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We reserved for 3 nights but decided to stay only one due to the condition of the hotel. It looked great, clean, and updated out front however, the elevator was nasty with mud all over the floor from the time we checked in to after we checked out the next day at noon. Our room smelled of mildew, the towels smelled of mildew, the carpet was dirty, the sheets had someone's hair on them, the grout was cracking between the tiles, under the bathroom sink there was white residue on the floor and the AC was not thermostat controlled. We froze that night as it was freeze or steam, could NOT get that dial in the right spot, but the bed was very comfortable even with the sheets that did not fit the bed at all! Breakfast the next morning was a joke, as if they figured their breakfast offerings to one sausage per guest I am guessing as there was one patty left when we got there and they did not offer any more. No fresh fruit even offered, the OJ was mostly water, the biscuits dry and hard as concrete. LQ is my hotel chain of choice and we have stayed at many- this is the first bad review I have had to make. Will NOT be going back there. Spend the money and stay at the one in Lake Charles, we love this place!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Salsamaker
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After a long day of driving in the rain we were tired and exhausted by the time we found this hotel. The staff was super friendly,our king size room was spotless, the bed was extra comfortable and our room had two chairs, a sofa and a work station for a business traveler. The bathroom was also spotless. We will be traveling to M. D. Anderson for medical treatment for the next year, this will be our half-way mark and we will continue to stay here every trip. We were 100% satisfied. I agree with one review....be careful to find the right entrance to the hotel, it can be a little tricky!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 1, 2012

2nd time we stayed here. Rooms are ok, however ours was not that clean. Room smelled of smoke. We had 4 people and 3 bath towel, even though we had reserved in advance for 4 people. I was told all rooms had 3 towels and they were full and we were offered hand towels for the 4th person. The pool area had chairs that had rusted off legs and were wobbly. The spa was not working and dirty. The breakfast had hot items, that's the best I can say, they had cold biscuits that you could warm in the microwave if the staff weren't using the microwave to heat a plate full of sausage patties. There is no place good to eat in the area if you come for dinner fast food is the best option. I would not recommend.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else