“The best way to experience Montserrat”
Review of Mas del Puig

Mas del Puig
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We had a lovely couple of days at Mas del Puig. We wanted a place that was close enough to see Montserrat Monastery but also explore the surroundings, as well as being based in a nice rural location. Mas del Puig delivers on all of this – it is easy to get to from Barcelona and very close to Montserrat but is in a very peaceful typically Spanish rural location with stunning views of Montserrat mountains and a small village close by. It has been done up beautifully, retaining a lot of the old farmhouse charm while having everything you need for a comfortable stay including self catering facilities. Ramon, the owner is absolutely lovely and very helpful. It is the type of place that would be perfect for a week’s stay but has the flexibility that you can book it for a couple of days. We really wish we could have stayed there longer and would love to come back another day to make the most of the location and the great accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Mas del Puig

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I was traveling on the train from Madrid to Barcelona when I spotted this amazing mountain and knew that I had to visit. I found Mas del Puig online and what a blessing that was! After traveling continuously for 3 months, I took the first day to just enjoy my little nest that has been so lovingly prepared. From the beautiful handmade soaps, which Theresa makes, the lovely linens, and the touches that remain of the old bakery, everything feels like home. The view of Montserrat is the crowning glory and I was able to enjoy the magic of the mountain even more from my little balcony than actually visiting. Ramon, having been born here, knows this area heart and soul, and is willing to share his knowledge of the place with you. Everyone I encountered in the little town was delightful. From the moment I entered the old farmhouse, a sense of peace came over me and it was very difficult to leave...Gracias!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Mas del Puig is a gem. This charming farmhouse, owned by the same family for 400 years, was fully modernized by engineer host Ramon in 2005, and each space reflects hostess Theresa's exquisite artistic touches. We spent four days in the Hen House, the smallest apartment, enjoying ever-changing views of Montserrat from our private terrace. Their son delivered organic vegetables, and their selection of local wines was wonderful. We plan to return!

Room Tip: Each room is distinct, with differing sizes and configurations. Those with direct Montserrat views...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was even better than I imagined when we booked this. There was so much space, so much history! And just perfect for a family or even for couples group of friends! It was a home away from home. You are 15mins out of manresa and 40-50mins out of barcelona - I would rather stay there and drive in to visit the city. The view of Monsterrat is just breathtaking it is the most beautiful place to stay.

I highly recommend staying here. I cannot speak highly enough of Ramon and his family for how hospitable and helpful they are.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is a lovely place near Barcelona (only an hour by train or car). I spent here four nights with my husband. Everything was very clean. The hole place and the village also was very peaceful. The views are awesome - we had a nice terrace with fabulous views to Montserrat. The owners are lovely, too. We would like to return some day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A short stay at Mas del Puig has wished us to come back. A beautiful apartment with a perfect swimming pool and a view where you can dream of when your back at home. We hope to come back in the winter or summer, cause the fireplace invites us to come back. Thank you Ramon and Therese for the lovely time!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I and our two children spend 4 weeks at Mas del Puig. We had an absolutely perfect time there. Ramon and Teresa were wonderful! We couldn't have asked for more helpful and accommodating hosts. The apartment was well furnished and spacious with the most breathtakingly beautiful views of Montserrat. There were hiking trails right outside the house and a little playground for our two small children. The pool was crystal clear and clean. Everything about the house was spectacular. The location was perfectly placed outside of Barcelona. So we didn't have to deal with city traffic just to be able to explore some of the other surrounding areas. I would highly recommend this destination to anyone looking for a quiet place to call home base. The next time I'm in Catalonia, I will definitely be giving Ramon and Teresa a call...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castellbell i el Vilar
Hotel Mon Sant Benet
#1 of 1 in Monistrol de Montserrat
Cel.les Abat Marcet
Cel.les Abat Marcet
#1 of 2 in Montserrat

Been to Mas del Puig? Share your experiences!