“Always Great” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Always Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

You can always count on Fairfield. The rooms were very nice and clean. The breakfast had several items and the coffee was really good. The pool and hot tub were clean (maybe a little too much chlorine). The staff was very nice. If the hair dryer worked and the towels weren't slightly damp, I would have gave an excellent review. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Booked on line. Was asked what floor (3rd worked well for us) and what type of pillows (feather or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FHall001, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Houma, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice things you had to say about our property. Everday we want to make sure our guests have the very best stay that we can offer them! I am sorry about the two items that were not up to par. Please contact me so I might get some more feedback from you. Thanks so much and we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Staff very courteous. Room clean and comfortable. A/C nice and cool. Great Gym. Pool Indoor with hot tub. Very nice and clean. Water nice and warm. Bathroom with good hot water and nice soft towels. Bed is very comfortable. Wifi good. Had mini ref and microwave. Flat screen tv. Looked at room where continental breakfast is servered. Will eat in am. Check out at noon and not the usuall 10 or 11. Pool open longer then most from 6a to 11p. All staff has been great We live a few blocks away but just wanted a night away from home but did not want to go out of town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Went to stay for one night and booked two rooms(double beds)! Both rooms a/c was not working properly. I called the front desk and the staff can to check it out! She said,"it very hot in here," ! She told me that she was gng to call her manager to see if she can move me to other rooms! She came back and said She was gng to place me upstairs! I ask her will the price be the same as the rooms I have already! She said yes!! Well at check-out it wasn't , they charged me $20 extra for both room! I paid cash and they still charged it to my credit card!! It was a mess!! The check-out staff was very rude To me!! I will Neva stay here ever again! So, if ur in the Houma area please stay at the Wingate! It's the best hotel down here! Stay away from the Fairfield Inn!!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Houma hotels

Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is just about finished with renovations. Prior to the renovations I had quit staying at this location but when available now it is a much better place to stay than in the past. The place has a new facelift and staff is really great. Rooms are nice, but as mentioned dehumifiers in the room that are not quite. So if you cannot tolerate the fan noise then you will not have peace and quite unless you turn off the dehumidifier. Thumbs up to renovations they were needed and the staff is great! Overall for the price is right for what you get so average is my recommendation due to the dehumifiers.

Stayed April 2012
Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I got a great rate for this property and decided to give it a try. It's a very nice motel. It's located on a strip of busy highway that contains numerous places to eat and shop. The staff here could not be friendlier. There were a few minor annoyances such as the pool being closed for maintenance and the need for the use of a dehumidifier in our ground floor room. This is swamp country and a ground floor room seems to attract the dampness worst. That and a few cockroaches in the bathroom during the night. Don't get me wrong the hotel is super clean and everything about our stay was great otherwise. Get a room on an upper floor and I'm sure things will be fine.

Room Tip: Get something on a floor other than the ground floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ft. Worth, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Good location, nothing fancy, nothing wrong or bad, just an average hotel. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

First I would like to say that the service at this hotel was EXCELLENT all the way around! From the front desk clerks, to the breakfast attendants to the managers ALL were AWESOME! Even tho there was a little bit of renovation going on, that didi not stop my family and I from having an awesome time amd enjoying our stay! HOWEVER, there was this guy who was there at the hotel, maybe he was a head manager or big boss of some such but being in the breakfast room eating breakfast one morning I did not like or appreciate the way that he talked to and treated his employees! Maybe it's none of my business but the things he said were uncalled for. He talked to these young ladies like they had no understanding and didn't know their job or what they were doing, which in MY opinion he was dead WRONG! Like I stated before maybe this is none of my business but it was hard for me not to listen in on the conversation he had with the young ladies in the presence of us guests....he really need to get it together because in my opinion, if it wasn't for the GREAT STAFF THERE, the hotel wouldn't be the same!! Besides that, I LOVED IT! THANKS!

Room Tip: It really doesn't matter which room you choose, ALL of them are GREAT! :-)
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family