“My Recent Stay At The Ramada”
Review of Ramada Houma

Ramada Houma
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Sarasota
“My Recent Stay At The Ramada”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice and I enjoyed the convenience of being so close to everything. However, I was very disappointed with the way I was treated by management. I am with the Cole Bros. Circus and I am bringing the circus to the Civic Center here in Houma. I will be in Houma for 26 days and had planned on staying at the Ramada the whole time. I offered cash upfront for my entire stay, but they denied me the convenience of a downstairs room. The sales manager told me that I had to be on the second floor. I asked her if they had an elevator, in which she answered that she did not. I asked for a dolly or cart to move my belongings in and she said she didn’t have any of those either. I explained to her that I had too much to carry, and without an elevator or a dolly to move my belongings I definitely needed the first floor. I even offered her and the staff complimentary tickets to the circus. She still denied me a downstairs room and then went on to say that if I wanted a downstairs room, I needed to talk to the GM. I called the GM twice the next morning and left messages. I even stayed in my room until checkout time (12:00 Noon) waiting for her call back and she never returned any of my calls. When I checked out on the morning of Sept. 27, I told all this to the desk clerk and she seemed surprised that they would treat me this way. I told her either they didn’t want my business or they didn’t believe in giving good customer service. There are just too many hotels in the area for them to act like this. I am still in Houma, LA and staying at the Howard Johnson for the next three weeks. The hotel I am staying at now may not be as nice as the Ramada, but the customer service is far superior. It is now Tues. morning Oct. 1, (4 days later) and I have yet to receive a return call. In this day and age with the economy the way it is, it is totally unacceptable for businesses not to be more customer friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Connie V, General Manager at Ramada Houma, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
I appreciate your comments. I apologize for your first stay with us not being as pleasant as we'd both would have liked. I appreciate you giving us a second try. I see you've been here 7 days this visit and planning to stay an additional 3 weeks . As you can see, we are a nice friendly, clean hotel. As a reply to your review of your last visit; I apologize for not having a down stairs room to accommodate your length of previous stay. I'm so happy things are working out this visit. Again, thanks for choosing Ramada and for giving us a second try after your first visit being less than satisfactory. I'm glad my sales team was able to assist you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
La Porte
Reviewed September 5, 2013

terrible service at the front desk. The clerk threw the pool wristbands at me and gave me a hard time because I wanted to take my grandkids swimming! I paid for the room, I should be allowed to use the pool for my family that visits my room!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Landis, NC
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is a nice place to stay. Rooms clean and spacious. Staff exceptional. Located in the heart of Houma, close to shopping, restaurants, plantations, etc. Not that far from New Orleans either. The room we had got a new refrigerator as soon as we checked in. Did not ask for one, the one in there was running, but, we got a new one anyway. They were updating the fridge in most of the rooms at that time. Very nice matinence folks too.

Room Tip: The rooms on the inner part of the hotel are closer to the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed August 11, 2013

stayed only 1 night. front desk staff friendly and efficient. convenient location. huge pool (lots of bugs and stuff though) great breakfast, best biscuits ! restaurant needs to be renovated to match breakfast quality

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were nice but if you want to enjoy the bar you have to go before the bands or it is too hot inside the bar. Talked to the front desk and was told they know about it, but it seemed as though they didn't care. When I spoke to the morning clerk I found out it has been broke for some time now. Big disappointment.

• Stayed July 2013