“Yes I am a crazy dog lady” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Houma

Ramada Houma
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Yes I am a crazy dog lady”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We typically do not travel with our two small non shedding dogs, but on a recent trip to houma we needed a room for one night. There are 4 hotels in the area that allowed dogs so we went with the one with the best reviews. I wish we would have went with plan b which was sneak them in to a nice hotel that does not allow pets. This hotel was outdated, smelly, had no closets, awful blue tinged lights in the bathroom, stained carpets, you get the picture. Definitely not worth the $79 a night. Also lots of sketchy looking people walking around. Several stopped and asked about my dogs. We ended up not leaving them in the room when we went out out of fear someone would break in and steal them. This hotel has the doors that lead directly outside, not safe at all. Now I sound like a crazy dog lady, but we will be sneaking our dogs into the Marriott next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed here for mRdi GRAS 2012 and it was great. Rooms were clean, staff was great, management went above and beyond. Will stay here again. Thank you!

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Footville Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

We stayed at the Ramada Inn Houma February 12th through 16th. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We can't compliment the staff enough, they were friendly and helpful in every way. The breakfast buffet had everything you would want to start the day, and sure did enjoy the Managers' Welcome cook out....also complimentary. Sparhs Resturant(on premises)had very good food and was the venue for the breakfast buffet. The location was central and easy to find, but the traffic and difficulty getting in and out of the hotel parking lot was very stressful as Tunnel Blvd is bumper to bumper all of the day and into the evening. An side entrance from Holywood Dr would help a great deal. Sincerely, Irene and John Kinna - Wisconsin

Room Tip: The rooms near the end of swimming pool area is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

Ramada Houma was a good value. For me it's the people who make the place and that's why I am writing. I've got to call out some names of people who made my two month long business stay. Thank you to Andrea and all the staff running the hotel and front desk! Thank you to Joy, Reagan, Sandy, Brent, Jeremy, everybody in the restaurant and lounge! Wishing you the best of years and I am hoping to get to return for vacation sometime this year! Reed.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reedst3r
Katy, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn, Houma and tonight I wish I was. This hotel is like a throw back from the 70's / 80's - it is like a old-school movie motel with a make over. Underneath it is pretty much the same. A scene from the original Karate Kid movie or the scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta gets himself killed on the toilet comes instantly to mind! Old damp rooms with poor AC / heating and no thrills. I won't rely on the company travel agent again and will make my own arrangements.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn, Houma
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GightRunner
OC, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

It was around 2 in the morning while my family was sleeping while I watched TV. I could hear the high heels of a woman passing back and forth in front in our room. I been to many countries and it was obviously a solicitor... If you have family with you this is not the place or town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dandridge, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Ramada many times over the past couple years, as I work offshore, and this is where I used to stay for crew change. The hotel is in a good central location, and has been renovated recently, so the entire place is much nicer than it was when I first started staying there. The customer service is excellent, they treated me like I was special every time I stayed there, and called to check that I had settled into my room after each check-in. The lobby has really been updated, and the rooms have been as well, though they are still a little dated, and the beds are not particularly comfortable. The air conditioning units are extremely noisy, and the room is either hot and humid or absolutely freezing depending on if the air is on or not.

My biggest problem with the hotel was actually in the building design, and not something that can be changed...the doors opened outside versus inside into a hallway. And as a single female traveler, that was just not something I ever really felt safe with.

On the whole, the Ramada is a good hotel, and I believe it is the cheapest hotel in Houma, I would recommend it for travelers.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business