“Enjoyed my stay!”
Review of Ramada Houma

Ramada Houma
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Houma
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Ramada Houma was a good value. For me it's the people who make the place and that's why I am writing. I've got to call out some names of people who made my two month long business stay. Thank you to Andrea and all the staff running the hotel and front desk! Thank you to Joy, Reagan, Sandy, Brent, Jeremy, everybody in the restaurant and lounge! Wishing you the best of years and I am hoping to get to return for vacation sometime this year! Reed.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Reedst3r

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I normally stay at the Holiday Inn, Houma and tonight I wish I was. This hotel is like a throw back from the 70's / 80's - it is like a old-school movie motel with a make over. Underneath it is pretty much the same. A scene from the original Karate Kid movie or the scene in Pulp Fiction where John Travolta gets himself killed on the toilet comes instantly to mind! Old damp rooms with poor AC / heating and no thrills. I won't rely on the company travel agent again and will make my own arrangements.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn, Houma
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GightRunner
Reviewed November 29, 2011

It was around 2 in the morning while my family was sleeping while I watched TV. I could hear the high heels of a woman passing back and forth in front in our room. I been to many countries and it was obviously a solicitor... If you have family with you this is not the place or town.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Ramada many times over the past couple years, as I work offshore, and this is where I used to stay for crew change. The hotel is in a good central location, and has been renovated recently, so the entire place is much nicer than it was when I first started staying there. The customer service is excellent, they treated me like I was special every time I stayed there, and called to check that I had settled into my room after each check-in. The lobby has really been updated, and the rooms have been as well, though they are still a little dated, and the beds are not particularly comfortable. The air conditioning units are extremely noisy, and the room is either hot and humid or absolutely freezing depending on if the air is on or not.

My biggest problem with the hotel was actually in the building design, and not something that can be changed...the doors opened outside versus inside into a hallway. And as a single female traveler, that was just not something I ever really felt safe with.

On the whole, the Ramada is a good hotel, and I believe it is the cheapest hotel in Houma, I would recommend it for travelers.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank marinerjess
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights while attending the Voice of the Wetlands Music Festival in early October. The bed was comfortable, room was clean and there was a microwave and refrigerator. I recommend asking for a 'pool-side' room away from any street noise. The pool is clean and the hot tub was actually 'hot'. We have stayed at other motels on our yearly trip to Houma but the Ramada is by far the best we have stayed at for the price. .

Room Tip: Rooms near the outdoor pool will be much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 663irenem
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Those two "P's" represent People and Property- This Hotel is well kept, clean/confortable rooms, good Wi-Fi reception and is in a great location- Free Breakfast and on Tuesday evenings, they provide a 'Customer Appreciation' (refreshments along with a great burger or hot dog) in the afternoon- I'm amazed at the quality of their people also..... their 'turn-over' rate must be zilch! One guy I spoke with has 24 yrs working at the same facility! This makes a big difference with my choice in a Hotel... i like seeing familar faces.. These guys have it!!! Won't stay anywhere else in Houma (or surrounding areas)!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms, quite naturally are quiter, due to people departing earlier than I wake
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Left the new Holiday Inn because they were over booked. Arriving here I was nervous. Outside entering rooms screams old to me. Entering the lobby they did a great job making it look nice. They let me check in early. Stayed in room all day. Flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. Soaps were better quality and they had a free burger/hotdog and beer/wine for guest in the evening. Full service breakfast which was comped. Rooms clean. There is definitely some lower class occupants but lower rates bring that in. Hotel tries for high quality. All you can ask for when hotel value is spot on.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business