“Nice property...but they double charged us....”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Houma
Reviewed June 26, 2013

First I will start with the good stuff.... Good rooms, pool, great location, good complimentary breakfast.

The lady who worked the front desk was never there...and seemed lazy... leaned on the counter when people weren't there..just very unprofessional...

Now the worst part....

I booked the hotel and put the deposit on my card ...we got there and I didn't bring my card so my boyfriend put it on his card. Well we got home from vacation and we both were charged for the room.

All in all.. there are enough hotels where I will not stay there again....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HoumaGuy, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

I'm sorry for the issues you had at my hotel. The credit card authorization on the original debit card would be released by your bank after 3-5 days, per their policy, so you were charged correctly for your stay. My front desk attendants are trained to be friendly, responsive, and professional. I apologize if that wasn't the case during your stay and will follow up on that.

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We thought the hotel was very nice--pretty spartan, but it does what it needs to do well. The front desk clerks went out of their way both in the evening as well as in the morning, clearing up a room mix-up, as well as helping us pick out our morning entertainment and getting us directions as to where it was. I would recommend the hotel.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel provided everything we needed. It was clean, easy access to shopping,
friendly staff, and good continental breakfast. Breakfast even included make your own waffles. I would highly recommend this hotel. We stayed 5 days, and all 5 days was as we expected. The pool was small but great for us. The hotel was pet friendly, and our small yorkie was loved by all that saw him. They even had a laundry area on the 2nd floor, we did not use it, but it was there if needed. Again, I would highly recommend this hotel. It is very close to any shopping needs, grocery stores, and restaurants of your choice.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

No toilet paper or Kleenex in room upon check-in. Iron broken. Bed sheets rough. Beds not as soft as advertised. Breakfast was a joke.
I can't believe this is rated number one. Oh I forgot couldn't take a bath cause drain plug was broken too.

• Stayed: May 2013
HoumaGuy, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Houma, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

I'm very sorry for the problems you had during your stay with us. We would gladly have brought to your room any missing items or a new iron, had we known. Our breakfast offerings far exceed what is required by the Microtel brand requirements.
Guy Burch GM/Owner

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had a great stay. The guest service member was absolutely great and very knowledgable about the area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family